Author Topic: NO LONGER A MATTER OF CONCERN: Philip Young aka Philip Kansa aka Spirit Bear  (Read 46994 times)

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
This is what I found on Mr Young on German language sites.

According to information found at various sites, his legal name seems to be Philip Young, but apparently he also goes by the name of 'Philip Kansa' as he claims his g-grandmother was a Kansa shaman and by the 'ndn name' of Spirit Bear. Young seems to be married to a German citizen and at one site was said to live in Germany.

http://earth-oasis-travel.de/reiseleiter/
"Spirit Bear is clearvoyant, a shaman and comes from the USA. He is of Indian descent, has studied psychology and obtained a BsC. His book "Soul and Psyche" has been brought out by Messrs Schirner."

http://earth-oasis-travel.de/reisen/anasazi_indianer

"Our travel guide Spirit Bear is of Indian descent and a psychologist. The ancient history of the Indians says that when all four human races are at peace with each other, all beings will be redeemed. It is Spirit Bear's path to contribute to this."

This site offers a review of a CD produced by Young, and although presumably done by someone into esoterics, is none too favourable:
http://www.natur-und-umwelt.org/db_site.cgi/site_107/
The author's name here is:  "Philip Kansa (Spirit Bear)"
"Involuntarily funny adventure trip to the Ego

"Does somebody remember Bill Ramsey? No? Some time during the 60ies, Ramsey sang "I'd like to buy a Tirolean hat" [in German language] and ... got well-known for his funny, typically American accent. The very same accent as on this meditational CD from Messrs Schirner. It is called 'Journey to Mother Earth' and a genuine American Indian is the verbal guide and companion. And this genuine American Indian not only goes by the funny name of Philip Kansa aka Spirit Bear. His pronounciation is so funny one might be inclined to believe that this is a comedy CD produced by a clever German-American doing a caricature of the esoteric
scene and its 'lait beck' attitudes. Although later it does become evident that the gentleman is in full earnest and in fact means to lead us to Mother Earth.
The quality of this CD will also be found lacking as to its content, especially regarding the relaxing part in the beginning. [...]

[The reviewer says that SB's accent makes this CD so hilarious that instead of relaxing one's muscles, one will end up with aching muscles and gasping for breath due to laughing so hard.] [...]

This site gives a little info on SB's vita; site owner is a German person, Elke Kircher, who at another site (cf further down) is said to be his wife:
http://www.visionoflove.de/silver/ueber-uns/

"Philip (Spirit Bear) is clairvoyant, shaman, and comes from the USA. He is of Indian descent.
His training and initiation was done with several shamans, e.g. with Medizin [sic] Hawk, a shaman of the Cherokee. Due to his long spiritual path he got into contact with the wisdom of his ancestors which he now transfers into the New Age. Philip channels Red Deer, a wise Anasasi [sic] shaman full of love, and Akanthos, a light being. He wrote the book "Soul and Psyche" on this. Philip has studied psychology and obtained a BSc."

This is the site of a well-known esoteric bookshop in Hamburg. They also organize events like lectures, seminars etc. They got several announcements for Spirit Bear:

http://www.wrage.de/kgs/1107spiritbear.htm
The first one is for two weekend seminars SB does with a person by the name of 'Cloud Eagle':

"When the power of the Eagle joins force with the Spirit of the Bear

Spiritual teacher Cloud Eagle of the tribe of Pueblo Indians will visit Germany and, with his friend and brother Spirit Bear, will do two weekend seminars on rituals and prophecies of the North American Indians.
Cloud Eagle and his people live at the Nambé Reservation in New Mexico/USA. Elke Kirchner and her husband Philip Kansa, who live in the South of Hamburg and run a seminar centre for shamanism and angel work, met Cloud Eagle several years ago together with the American psychologist Chuck Spezzano.
[...]
Elke Kirchner and Philip Kansa support Cloud Eagle's work with the donation project "The Good Red Path" (we reported in July 2006, please also see at our site) to help Indian children and youths in a financial way to learn about their ancient traditions and abilities so that these aren't lost and the young people of the First Nations stay in connection with their roots.
[...]
During the seminar "Power Bear made of stone", Cloud Eagle - who is also a sculptor - will teach participants to create their own power bear from stone. The bear is a symbol of healing on all levels for the Pueblo Indians. Further contents of the seminar will be a power animal journey and the blessing of the power animals.
During the second weekend, participants will be given the possibilty to experience what it is like to live in accordance with the rhythm of nature and to find their own soul path. Cleansing rituals and sun rising and pipe ceremonies will support this. You will also hear about the Pueblo Indians' prophecy: 'When all four human races (white, yellow, red, black) will live in peace with each other, all beings will be redeemed." It is the path of Cloud Eagle and Spirit Bear to contribute to this vision. "When the white animals are born, the time of peace will be near", it is said and this
is what is happening these days all over the world.
There will also be two evenings of experience with CE and SB, dedicated to the prophecy, to world peace and peace rituals. They will also deal with personal issues [of participants].
Evenings of Experience: Nov 16 and 21, 2007, 19:30 - app 22:00
Fee: EURO 25 per participant.
"Power Bear made of Stone" Nov 17/18, Fee: EURO 210 incl accom and food
Indian Days of Culture and Shamanism, Nov 24/25 2007. Fee: EURO 95 per day incl food

Another announcement from the site maintained by the Hamburg bookshop:
http://www.wrage.de/kgs/0907k_vision.htm

"New: once monthly Vision of Love
Shamanic Circle of Healing and Meditation in Hamburg at Wrage's. With shaman and spiritual teacher Spirit Bear-Philip. There will be shamanic healing rituals, meditations and channelings.
Philip has the gift of touching people and open their hearts with his spiritual power and the wisdom of his heart in order to let healing happen. He is of Indian descent. His trainings and iniations [sic - plural forms] were done with various shamans. [...]
Sep 18, Oct 16, Nov 29, 2997, 19:30 - app 22:00
Fee: EURO 25 [...]

Shaman's Day with Spirit Bear
The shaman will introduce you to the powerful world of the buffalo and bear nation. Healings, visions, and the true connection to the power of our four-legged brothers is what you can experience. You will be initiated and opened for this path. The power of the spiral of the Hopi Indians with its redeeming effects will be part of this seminar.
Sep 9 2007, 11:00 - 19.00, Fee: EURO 90 incl food [...]"

http://www.syntropia.de/reise-zur-mutter-erde-audiocd-p-6258.html?manufacturers_id=4353
This site also offers SB's CD and offers more or less the same regarding the CD's description and info on his vita. However, the author(s) seem to be puzzled by Young's use of different names, as they alternately speak of him as 'Philip Kansa' and 'Philip Young'. They also say Mr Young has been working as a shaman for more than 25 years, and more than 20 of these years outside of the USA, mostly in Europe.

This site is for SB's CD again, but with another detail re his CV:
http://www.directshopper.de/9783897671447-Reise-zur-Mutter-Erde-Kansa--Phillip---Phantasiereise-Bewusstseinsentwicklung-Entspann_search_p

"Journey to Mother Earth by Kansa, Philip
EURO 13.95

[...] Philip Young [sic!] whose shamanic name is Spirit Bear, comes from the USA and is of Indian descent, his great-grandmother was a shaman with the tribe of Kansa Indians. He studied psychology (Bachelor of Science) as well as German (magister artium) and has been working for more than 25 years as a shaman after having been trained by various shamans, among them Medicine Hawk of the Cherokee as well as teachers of the tribes of Lakota and Anasasi{sic!!!], and has worked for more than 20 years outside of the USA, mostly in Europe. In his seminars, participants will learn about the valuable teachings of Indian shamans which serve to heal people and mother earth."

The following site presents ads for a seminar and sweat sold by a person claiming to have been trained by Spirit Bear and Kachinas Kutenai:

http://www.esoterikverzeichnis.de/anbieter/index.php?id=511
"andreas wesemann
First regular weekend Fri Feb 08 19:00, end Sun 10, 17:00.
Contents: Shamanic traditions of knowledge, the role of shamanism in modern Middle Europe, ..., introduction to shamanic basic techniques. [...]
Fee: EURO 230 PLUS accom, please bring own food.
Sat Mar 08 15:00 till Sun Mar 08, 13:00 Lakota Sweatlodge at [...] Veronika Knoche will lead the women's sweat.
Fee: EURO 60 plus EURO 10 for accom
My teachers: Winfried Picard, shaman and lecturer at FSS Germany.
Philip Kansa Spirit Bear, shaman, Germany & USA.
Elke Kircher, shaman and angel medium, Germany.
Katchinas Kutenai, Apache medicine woman, USA."

And an entry in an Austrian esoteric forum by another person claiming SB as his teacher:
http://www.esoterikforum.at/forum/showthread.php?t=40336

"July 03, 2006, 22:43
User White Wise Bear
registered since Jul 2006
Place: Bremen
postings 12
"My name is Tim Oliver [...]. I was born in Bremen in 1982 and am on my spiritual path for more than seven years. My shamanic name is White Wise Bear. I am a trained shaman; I say thanks to my teachers "Spirit Bear" (an Indian shaman) and his wife "Holy Waterfall" for their lessons.
I am also a trained mental healer; I say thanks to my teacher "Christian Stippekohl" and the renowed healers Anne Hübner & Pyotr Elkunoviz. My further fields are cleansing of interfering radiation, cranio-sacral therapy, channeling and much more... [...]"

(translator's note: "Holy Waterfall"???? - holy sh**! I'd apply for a divorce from a husband giving me that name!)
He further mentions crystal surgery, shamanic work, a metamorphosis method, spiritual alchimy, energetic balance massaging, programming of healing foils, spiritual life counceling, symbol channeling.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 02:48:02 pm by educatedindian »

Offline Greenwood

Re: Philip Young aka Philip Kansa aka "Spirit Bear"
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 08:10:45 pm »
This "White Wise Bear" has registered in my board, too. As usual we (not only I myself) asked him some very direct questions, regarding his "Native Teachers" - he replied that he wants to investigate on the claims they made. He tried to advertise his teacher Wise Bear - but we put him down on that. At the moment he does not reply anything on this topic - he avoids this themes at the moment. But we think his teachers (another one is Pjotr, a healer claiming to heal nearly anything) are Frauds and calculating on the naivity of their pupils who seem to pay much money for their ... teachings.

White Wise Bear (We call him "Weisses Weisbier") is currently on the edge of being banned from my board because of his reluctancy in replying to these questions. At the moment I am still giving him a chance because I think he is pretty ignorant on his teachers.

At least he stopped claiming being a shaman in my board.

Yours,

Neil Greenwood.
Dwn-'nwj - "He who unfolds two wings": Himmiherrgotzaggramentzefixallelujamilextamarschscheissglumpfaregtz!

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 03:58:57 am »
If anyone wanted to contact the tribe directly, found this:

http://native-net.org/archive/nl/9504/0016.html

Also this:
http://www.rootsweb.com/~itkaw/KanzaNation.html

The IPL, which is a pretty extensive collection of Native authors, doesn't have him listed. They list exploiters as well, as long as they are Native authors (and sometimes have listed frauds by mistake.)
http://www.ipl.org/div/natam/bin/browse.pl/t168

If Young actually has any ancestry, I have no idea why he'd be taught by an alleged Cherokee. Think I found his teacher Medicine Hawk, with a bio on a page by one of his franchisees:

http://www.tarnablackelm.org/shaman/shaman.html
"Medicine Hawk is Dr. Medicine Hawk Wilburn, Born in Olive Hill Kentucky. He has been published in over fifty metaphysical periodicals, including Wildfire and Circle Network New. In 1982 he received the Silver Salamander Award for Excellence in Journalism. Hawk is the author of twenty five cassette tapes and three books. Totem, Thunderhead and Native American Animal Spirits. He graduated from Mercer University, Georgia State University with BS, NED and PhD Degrees. Medicine Hawk is Elder and Past Council Chief of the Shadowlight Medicine Clan, International and professor of Education and psychology at three California Universities. He now lives in San Bernardino, Calif."

Another franchisee:
http://www.bookmice.net/darkchilde/spirit/tt.html

His books:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/104-6106571-8743128?%5Fencoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=books&field-author=Medicine%20Hawk

As you can see, one book is Wiccan, one is New Age, and the third is a guide for non-Natives to do what he claims are Native ceremonies, which actually mostly seem to be medicine wheel stuff lifted from H Storm.

And Wilburn's Shadowlight Clan. Pretty much there's nothing the slightest bit Native about it except (possibly) Wilburn's ancestry.

http://www.shadowlightclan.org/
"Shadowlight History and Founder
Shadowlight was founded 1985 by Dr Medicene Hawk Wilburn.  Founded in the Southern States Hawk moved the Shadowlight Clan to Southern California .
Taught at a yound age Native American Shamanic ways , he followed a seeker's path of spiriturity  which included Romany, Celtic, Saxon and Druid traditions. Currently a author of several books; American Indian Ceremonies, Urban Santeria, Recoven and the soon to be reprinted Thunderhead.  He is the leader of the Grey Cat Nation in Southen California  who's members  follow a  Teutonic Wiccan path. His articles have appeared in FATE  Magazine, Wildfire, Elements, Circle Network News, Ile Orunmila Gazette, American Educator, Education Digest and Southwest University Anthropological Journal.
                                              Current Leader
He gifted the Shadowlight name and responseibilites to Tarna Blackelm. She has brought in a Celtic/Druid flavor to Shadowlight and moved it from Southen California to North Dakota. Shadowlight provides a safe Haven for the followers of earth based religions of  North Dakota to meet, network and do ritural together.
Tarna is the Shaman of Shadowlight, and holds a 2nd degree in Druidry, leads the Shadows of the Oak and Willow  Grove and is a student of Northwind, American Tradition of Wicca frounded by Grey Cat. - Deeping Witchcraft.
What do we teach?
We teach a earth based lifestyle/religion. We believe in personal responsibility for you action."

There is a well known Pueblo artist from Namble called Cloud Eagle, Ernest Mirabal. But I doubt that's the same one, at least I hope not.

And that claim to have an Anasazi teacher? The Anasazi did not become extinct like many archaeologists mistakenly claim. Their descendants are among the Hopi, Pueblo, and Zuni.

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 06:04:16 pm »
I found a few sites in German language mentioning Cloud Eagle, but they do not provide info as to his real-life name. They mention Cloud Eagle is a renowed artist and sculptor (cf below). It is, however, not quite clear whether Mirabal and Cloud Eagle are one and the same person - there is some more info on CE's vita below which does not seem to match. Perhaps the photos available at these sites may help.

Both this and the following site have photos of Cloud Eagle:

http://www.wrage.de/kgs/0706eagle.htm

This article again mentions the 'donation project' founded by Mr Young and his wife Elke Kirchner; they do not offer any info on a possible tax-exempt status. The only info I can find googling this project comes up here, not on Young's/Kirchner's own site:

http://www.wrage.de/kgs/0706eagle.htm

"[...] During a seminar with Chuck Spezzano in New Mexico, Philip Kansa met the Indian Cloud Eagle and saw and experienced how the Indian tribes live on reservations today. Thus the idea came into being to create a seminar place with the Indians in Santa Fe and so offer a possibility to the First Nations people living there to earn their own money instead of going on to live on state support as before. Elke Kirchner and Philip Kansa have also founded a donation project with
which they intend to do their share so that the culture of the American indigenous population can be alive again.

Elke Kirchner reports:
We do not mean to dig up the past too much. Just something to enable understanding: The Indians of North America for generations were not allowed to practice their rituals and their religion or speak their own languages. You can see the result in the reservations today.

During our visit at the  Nambé Indian Reservation, with a tribe of the Pueblo Indians, we learned that the suicide rate of children and youths is highest among the Indians of North America. Since generations, alcoholism is at home in almost every family.
And still there are people among them following their vision and who bring a strong power of change and healing to these places. Cloud Eagle is one of them. He studied and worked for the US government in the field of research for winning energy. Developments and incidents in his life brought about his starting something completely new.

Cloud Eagle is a renowned sculptor and artist today. He spent the last ten years bringing together shamans from many countries to enable much more healing worldwide. Now he plans to give all his strength and his abilities for the youths and children of his people. He has got two wonderful daughters, one a youth, the other a young adult. In his studio in New Mexico he does classes to teach children and youths, e.g. on sculpture, making shoes, dance dresses and crafts from clay.
With these teachings and abilities, combined with sacred ceremonies, he takes them closer to their traditional belief. We saw Cloud Eagle working with the children, they have got much respect for him, he is one of them. In a loving and powerful way he shows them their strength and gives them back their roots.

On one of Cloud Eagle's properties, a culture and seminar centre is being built which is led by Indians in order to keep their families and carry their culture into the world.
In May 2006, we took the first group to this place we see as sacred and did a seminar together with Cloud Eagle. Our participants, same as us, were deeply touched by the rituals he led for us.

His deep spirituality, his knowledge, and his deep connection to mother earth and the great spirit opened new doors for us. It is a place where strangers become friends and all colours of the skin are one. Our next trip is planned for May 2007.
With Vision of Love's donation project "The Good Red Path" we want to enable Indian children and youths to get deeper into their own traditions and abilities again, and we are looking for donors prepared to give EURO 40 per month for one year.
Additionally, we want to support our friend and brother in building a cultural centre in which all cultures and colours of skin heal in a togetherness and may grow spiritually. A place where strangers become friends. We are grateful for every donations to build tipis, baths and a kitchen.

Information: Vision of Love, Elke Kirchner and Philip Kansa, [...] Quickborn
[...]
Account for donations: Elke Kirchner, "The Good Red Path", Account No [...], Kreissparkasse Südholstein [...]"
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 10:22:40 pm by Ingeborg »

Epiphany

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 02:43:33 pm »
Still active, this is from 2012, google translation http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://shamanic-rheintal.com/download/Elke%2520und%2520Phillip%2520Maerz%25202012.pdf&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522Elke%2BKirchner%2522%2Bspezzano%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DXMG%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26channel%3Drcs%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D549

Elke Kirchner & Spirit Bear
Phillip Kansas (Spirit Bear) is clairvoyant Shaman and comes from the United States. He is of Indian descent.
His training and initiations he made ??at various shamans, medicine Hawk among others, a
Shaman of the Cherokee. Due to his long spiritual path he is with the wisdom of his ancestors in
Come contact, which he now taught in the new age. Phillip channeling Red Deer, a loving and
Anasasi have shamans and Acanthus, a being of light. To this end, the book is "Soul and Psyche" in Schirner
Verlag. Phillip has studied psychology with a Bachelor of Science degree.
Elke Kirchner is clairvoyant and goes the way of the shaman. You Uriel channeling, angelic beings, and communicates with a
Light Beings and Angels in contact. Elke brings people to their true selves, solves them with blockades and
Hurdles lovingly. In addition, they inspired the authors L. Hay and C. Spezzano in their work. Both
Seminar leaders are intermediaries between the earthy material and the spiritual world full of light

Shamanic Healing Circle with Spirit Bear
Recent messages from the spirit world to 2012, and the queuing personal issues.
Shamanic knowledge and techniques for sensing and "go".
Sunday 4 March 2012 / 14.00 o `clock until about 1

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 03:23:35 pm »
i am pueblo.....we dont have names like "cloud eagle" or "red deer"......we have names like martinez and fragua and lopez and toledo and trujillo

we also dont have "spiritual teachers"....and our spirituality is VERY PRIVATE.....we even close off the rez's to non ndns during many of our events

our holymen do not team up with medicine men of other tribes and travel around taking our medicine out on the road.....we do not share "rituals" with many other ndnz as it is...and definately not non-ndnz

absolutely FALSE statement about suicide rate being epidemic in pueblo country....and while yes many of us know someone struggling with alcohol the propaganda he puts out made it sound like there are winos in every home....thats BULLSHIT

he picked nambe because they are a smaller pueblo and probaby obscure if even known to anyone outside of northern new mexico....im sure he wasnt counting on anyone checking up on him

i am going to contact the tribe and send them this link.......hopefully they will issue a statement on this stupid spirit bear guy
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 03:37:21 pm by milehighsalute »

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 10:11:06 pm »

Philip Young is indeed still active, not only in Germany, but also in Switzerland. He seems to have dropped the use of his legal name of „Young“ and is only mentioned by „Kansa“ and/or his „ndn name“. Young is also training more shamans.

Spirit Bear
Phillip Kansa (Spirit Bear) is clairvoyant, a shaman and comes from the USA. He is of Indian descent. He was trained and initiated by various shamans, so e.g. by Medizin [sic] Hawk, a shaman of the Cherokee. Due to his long spiritual path he has come into contact with the wisdom of his ancestors which he now imparts into the new era. Philip is channeling Red Deer, a loving wise Anasasi [sic] shaman, and Akanthos, a light being. His book „Soul and Psyche“ was written on this and came out in Schirner publishing house. Phillip has studied psychology and achieved a Bachelor of Science.

Schirner is a German Newage publishing house; among their authors is e.g. Sabrina Dengel (cf     ).

On the above quoted site, there are ads for events with Young, e.g. „readings“ for individuals or couples at CHF 150/€ 130.
Another event is the „Shamanic Healing Circle with Spirit Bear“:

Up-to-date messages from the spirit world on 2012 and on personal issues. Shamanic knowledge and techniques to feel and „take-away“.

This is a 4-hour-event priced at CHF 110/€ 90 per participant. The „readings“ were dd. Oct 9-12, 2012, while the „healing circle“ took place Oct 14, 2012.

An earlier ad for events dated March 2012 also carried a CV for Young's wife Elke Kirchner:

Elke Kirchner is clairvoyant and walks the path of the shaman. She is channeling Uriel, an angel being, and is in contact with light beings and angels. Elke leads people to their true self, dissolves their blockages and barriers in a loving way. Additionally, she is influenced by the authors L. Hay and C. Spezzano in her work. Both seminar leaders are intermediaries between the earthy material and the light-filled spirit world.
Emphasis mine

The events announced are an „Angels' Seminar“ with Kirchner, and another „Shamanic Healing Circle with Spirit Bear“ on March 2, resp March 4, 2012.

The site (Shamanic Rheintal) also offer remote treatment of animals after you send them a photo of the animal.
The site and the enterprise is being run by Martin Matt, his partner Marianne Biedermann, and his brothers Michael and Thomas.

Both Young and Kirchner are also doing events organised by bookshop Wrage in Hamburg, a well-established Newage bookshop. (The shop started out in the 70ies as a collective and was well-known for its supply of both English and German language Sci-Fi books; they also had a reputable supply of books on indigenous peoples worldwide. During the 80ies, the Newage members eventually managed to get rid of those members of the collective responsible for these sections and turned the project into a Newage bookshop. The shop has been in private ownership since then. Wrage also operates a seminar centre and organises seminars, workshops, and lectures on Newage, pseudo-scientific and pseudo-medical topics.)

Kirchner regularly does so-called „Angel Healing Circles“ at the Wrage premises, e.g:

September 29, 2013: Archangel Metatron: Connect to your higher Self and your spiritual potential

October 27, 2013: Archangel Michael: Karma-Dissolving, clearing of one's row of ancestors and protection and cleansing

A fee of € 140 is due for these lectures of 6 hours.

September 17, 2013: Archangel Gabriel: brings the message and the power of peace.

October 29, 2013: Archangel Raphael: brings healing and guards our heart.

These lectures take 2.5 hours each at a fee of € 49.

Wrage also supports the „Healers' and Shamans' Days“ organised by Young and Kirchner at their premises outside of Hamburg:

http://wrage.de/index.php?id=214&uid=784&L=0

Initiated and founded by Phillip Kansa Spirit Bear and Elke Kirchner, realised by healers and shamans from the USA, Poland, and Germany, and supported by Wrage Bookshop, there will be a Shamans' Week from July 1-7, 2013 with many events in Hamburg and in the Lueneburg Heath. […]

The Shamans' Days will take place at two domains important for Elke Kirchner and Phillip Kansa Spirit Bear, the Wrage Seminar Centre and the Seminar Centre Lichthof. During the week, there will be a lecture, a ritual, or a ceremony every night from July 1-4, 2013 and individual treatments during the day. From July 5-7, there will be an exclusive weekend with a multifaceted programme at Lichthof. Wrage will accompany this week with a special display window, special actions, and a large variety of products all around the topic „Shamanism and Healers of the new Era“.

The initiator of this week, Spirit Bear, says: „Come, we invite you to lead a healing, loving, spiritual life for a week in which healing and everything good will be possible.“

Contents:
Rituals of North American Indians and of the new era, lead by Spirit Bear and other shamans, healing energy transformations from realms of light, healing offers for spinal posture, work with crystals and sounds […]  [/quote]

Apart from Young and Kirchner, further lecturers are:
Dr Shiva Hans Vater, Danuta Czopnik, Peter Salomonsen.

The evening lectures are:
Holistic posture (Peter Salomonsen)
Activating our Inner Healer (Elke Kirchner and Spirit Bear)
Deeksha – Lecture – Oneness-Blessing with practical and Deeksha transmission (Dr Shiva Hans Vater)
Power Animal Journey (Spirit Bear)
Spiritual Posture (Salomonsen)
Light-Body-Healing (Katrin Hartmann(
Energy Treatment (with Angel Healer Silke Burgardt)

Weekend seminar:
The weekend starts with building a medicine wheel: „A medicine wheel is built with stones and has multifaceted effects. It brings power. It also served as a horoscope for the Indians of North America. […] Spirit Bear will call the four directions, initiate the wheel and celebrate the ritual completely according to his tradition.“

Lectures and events: „What is a shaman of the new era“ with Young

Many Indians in North America have been raised with the conviction that, in order to experience healing and blessing, we need to give sacrifice to our creator and to experience physical suffering. But this is not contemporary any longer, says Spirit Bear. He is certain: No god wants sacrifice. God loves and supports us all the same, like loving parents do. Without conditions.
Healing circle with Young and other shamans
Dawn ceremony with Young and students
Heart meditation (Anke Fröhlich)
Hara Healing (Maren Koopmann)
Mother Earth Ceremony (Elke Kirchner, Spirit Bear)
Holistic Posture (Kerstin Zorn)
Healing with Energies (Elke Kirchner and Silke Burgardt)
Deeksha Energy Transfer (Hans Shiva, Oneness Trainer)
Dawn Ceremony with Spirit Bear and students – at 10 a.m.!!!!
The ritual of the spiral (Carl Günter and friends)
Healing power of colours (Ingrid Münchow, Aura-Soma teacher)
Karma Healing (Danuta Czopnik)
Healing of the new era (Janina Sloman)
Final ritual: Healing circle with participating healers, shamans, and guests

Young and Kirchner also offer a „School of Clairvoyance & Shamanic Healing“ which is a two-year course of self healing and self-empowerment.
http://www.visionoflove.de/silver/schule-der-hellsichtigkeit-des-schamanischen-heilens/

Mental healing, supported by shamanic healing knowledge, offers a well-founded knowledge and the possibility to work as a HEALER and SHAMAN [sic].
The following contents will be covered:
Schooling and opening of medial abilities
Mental healing by sound
Energy transfer and energeticised visualising
Healing with archangel energies
Seeing past lives and releasing blockages
Medicine wheel, sweatlodge, power animal journeys
All persons possess medial abilities. These will be opened during practicals, initiations, meditation and various rituals.
Shamanic healing knowledge will be taught and practiced competently. Participants will also receive in-depth written material.
Various energy channels will be opened and initiated.

Every participant will go through a process of self healing. This will lead to inner freedom and strengthens self.confidence.

Certificate: Meditation leader shamanic healer / shaman.

Begin: April 20/21, 2013

Following dates: May 12, June 22-23, August 17-18, September 21, October 19-20, November 16-17, December 7.

Fee for a day: € 140 including vegetarian meals
Fee for a weekend: € 270 + € 69 for accom and vegetarian meals

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 10:34:53 pm »

These are three of Young's students:

http://www.xing.com/profile/Michaela_Opitz

The lady claims to do psychology/psychotherapy. Her CV:

Mitakuye Oyasin,
Michaela Opitz, born Feb 18, 1969 in Kiel, has been walking her shamanic path.
Like all people, new energies or paths will be opened, by predestination and fates [sic].

Michaela, Indian „Eagle-Angel Woman“ (Lum-De-Hull-We Iste ' Hoke – te), was initiated as a shaman-student by Bear Heart (New Mexico, USA Indian of the Muskogee, born 1918) in October 2003 (Bear Heart is the author of the book „The Wind is my Mother“). Bear Heart died at 90 years on Aug 4, 2008.

In Germany, „Angel Women“ in her training is subordinate to Spirit Bear, Philipp Kansa, an Indian shaman with descent of the Kansa [sic].

„Angel Woman“ is working shamanic and absolved a training at clairvoyance (autogenous training and communications coaching), she can support as a „channel of healing“ with a „shamanic Chakra regulation“, uses the power of angels and works according to the methods of „A Course in Miracles“ (healing constellations). Her healing methods – love-mercy-forgiving- are marked by a deep connection to ancient traditions of North American Indians and inspired by Chuck Spezzano (Psychology of Vision) and Elke Kirchner (Vision of Love).
Emphasis mine

The next two students are interesting as they mention a different tribal affiliation for Young:

http://www.weg-des-lichtes.de/pages/uebermich.html

White Wise Bear, legal name Tim Oliver Dreyer.

I was inspired by many of my loving teachers, so e.g. by my shamanic teacher Spirit Bear, an American Lakota shaman, and his wife Elke Kirchner. […] My special thanks to Chuck Spezzano, Christian Stippekohl, Pjotr Elkunoviz, and Anne Hübner.

Dreyer's link list is rather short – the only link given and recommended is to „Apu Kuntur (Augsburg), shaman, condor dancer, dragon“. In fact, Apu Kuntur at one point in time had registered here at NAFPS – he is the user going by the nick of „Greenwood“ who in reply no. 1 in this thread has been mocking Dreyer.

Dreyer not only has stayed in the shame-on business since 2008, he also added thanks to Chuck Spezzano in the meantime.

And this lady, working with „Stargaze Portal“, a pay telephone counseling line offering all kinds of Newage „counseling“ (Tarot cards, numerologist, shaman, contacts with the beyond, soul retrieval, angel messages, clairvoyant).

http://sternenblick-portal.com/Ursula-Ciara-Tarotkarten-Numerologin-Schamanin-Jenseitskontakte-Seelenrueckfuehrung-Engelbotschaften-hellsichtig-hellfuehlig.php

My name is Ursula Ciara, and I am glad to assist you in a problem-oriented way on your path of life so that you will be able to lead a more happy, more successful, and more healthy life.

I am clairvoyant and clairfeeling, I will do Tarot cards as well as Angel, Oracle, and Constellation Cards and much more. I am a numerologist as well as an Indian shaman. By my teacher, Lakota Indian Spirit Bear, I have been guided on this path and initiated in the knowledge of Shamanism.

For more than 30 years I do Tarot cards. This was the beginning of my spiritual work. About 15 years ago, I began to do telephone counseling. I then did a training with Spirit Bear, a Lakota Indian, as an Indian shaman, followed by more trainings in constellation work with Elke Kirchner of Vision of Love.[...]

So Mr Young is training shamans, he seems to be introducing people to Spezzano's scam psychology, and he seems to have changed tribal affiliation at some point in time. How about moving him to the Fraud section?

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 03:41:11 pm »
i am pueblo.....we dont have names like "cloud eagle" or "red deer"...at least not traditionally, though many artists such as mirabal use names like that.....but with that opens the door to exploitation, because europeans have an indian fetish which puts us all in a nice neat little box that we all have names like that........so of course a european can start throwing a name around that sounds cool to other europeans....we have names like martinez and fragua and lopez and toledo and trujillo and talachy and romero..............i think cloud eagle was the name of mirabals shop, so of course he had all rights to use the name.......but i dont imagine in his wildest dreams he pictured a european throwing his name around commiting spiritual colonization

we also dont have "spiritual teachers"....and our spirituality is VERY PRIVATE.....we even close off the rez's to non ndns during many of our events

our holymen do not team up with medicine men of other tribes and travel around taking our medicine out on the road.....we do not share "rituals" with many other ndnz as it is...and definately not non-ndnz

absolutely FALSE statement about suicide rate being epidemic in pueblo country....and while yes many of us know someone struggling with alcohol the propaganda he puts out made it sound like there are winos in every home....thats BULLSHIT...while it is true some reservations are experiencing high alchohism and suicide rates, and i pray for them, do not purport to speak for pueblo tribes

he picked nambe because they are a smaller pueblo and probaby obscure if even known to anyone outside of northern new mexico or the art scene......im sure he wasnt counting on anyone checking up on him

i am going to contact the tribe and send them this link.......hopefully they will issue a statement on this stupid spirit bear guy

one more thing....if he descended from the kansa....why dont he teach kansa ways?

Epiphany

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 05:43:16 pm »
If we can find a middle initial for Philip Young, maybe an approximate birth date, I might be able to work up his actual genealogy. Anyone have a photo of him? Helpful too would be knowing where he was active in the USA and when.

Because he is an author, and his name is common, looks like some author records have been combined inaccurately.

Chuck Spezzano claims he studied with shamans in the 70s, don't know if he had Philip Young in mind when he said this. Chuck has not responded to my query.  ;)

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4179.msg35597#msg35597

Epiphany

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 05:52:55 pm »
Bio for his book on "power animals" says his birth date is 1943, born USA.

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Epiphany

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 12:14:17 am »
Anyone have a photo of him?

http://www.seminarhaus-lichthof.de/spirit-bear/

http://www.spirituelle-heilerschule.de/ueber-uns/index.php

There's three different photos at the first site.

Thanks!

The Facebook link given here http://www.schamane-spirit-bear.com/ goes to https://www.facebook.com/spirit.bear.167?fref=ts Philip Young / Spirit Bear has tons of Psychology of Vision trainers, and the Spezzanos themselves, listed as friends. Spirit Bear attended The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa USA. He says he grew up in the Quad Cities area of USA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quad_Cities

Grew up in the QCA-Give my seminars all over the world-for 40 years now. Base is Germany and Switzerland.

He also says he lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 12:47:47 am »
 I wonder why these guy that are hair challenged always claim to be native???
In Spirit

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 12:54:54 am »

The higher the forehead, the more of a native?  ;D