Author Topic: email addresses  (Read 12267 times)

Offline Kaylee

email addresses
« on: September 25, 2007, 12:39:12 am »
In my preferences, I asked that my email address not be made public, but it shows up in my profile.  Is this just because the computer recognizes me as the owner of the profile or is something broken and my email address is visible?

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: email addresses
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 03:06:14 am »
Hi Kaylee and welcome

I can't see your email , but I can see mine , which is also supposed to be hidden.
I was also concerned , but Forum Adm. told me mine IS hidden , to all but me. I can see my email , but no one else can . So not to worry .

I tried to send you a private message but it says it can't find a member Kaylee , even though I go to your profile and click on the "send this member  a private message" link... so something isn't working right , but it isn't that your email is showing ...

:)

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 09:25:37 am »
Moma_P is correct, Kaylee. Only the forum administrators can see your email address.

Kaylee2

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 03:27:58 pm »
Thanks everyone.  BTW, Kaylee2 is still me.  I just tried to make the computer say I was at a false email last night and it turns out its waiting to hear back from me at the new address.  Haha on me!  Coming back as a new person seemed to be the only way to solve the issue.

Kaylee

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 04:17:29 pm »
That false email address is in use by spammers, Kaylee. I've reverted the changes you made to your original account's details and deleted the new one to avoid confusion.

Offline Kaylee

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 04:41:31 pm »
ok.  Thanks.

Offline Dreamfish

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 07:20:56 am »
I hate spammers SOOOOO much. Also some phishing idiot stole my Myspace password and login and I was listed for ages as a phishing site..... YUK.

just wondering how to proceed here...

thanks

« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 12:21:22 am by Dreamfish »

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 03:21:48 pm »
Yes, the posts do get indexed by google. We also have some nasty people who read the site. Some of the frauds exposed on here, or those who make money off hiring them/promoting them, will pick up on things and go after people. So, treat it as a very public forum.

Offline Dreamfish

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 03:33:16 pm »
Thanks for that, I will modify my earlier postings to remove my name. If no one else minds, can you also please take my name out of the posted replies. I was being courteous, but I need to protect myself from being targeted and traumatised.

thanks

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 03:35:28 pm »
No prob; I'll go edit mine.