Author Topic: Tony Redhouse  (Read 4331 times)

Offline tellmetruth

Tony Redhouse
« on: May 11, 2013, 03:15:49 am »
Does anyone here know anything about this man besides what's listed on his Web site?

http://www.tonyredhouse.net/

Thanks.

Offline catbus

Re: Tony Redhouse
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 03:56:38 am »
Lol,
Tony Redhouse
Oneness of Being™

The site is claiming to sell 'Native American Yoga'. At the point of seeing that, I know not to take this person seriously. Yoga is a sanskrit term, and there is no such as a native american yoga. Nope, none. Guarantee it. Lol, folks always mixing up their 'Indians', taking east-indian terminology and claiming it has any application whatsoever in regards to Native NDN traditions, is foolish and misguided.

Or perhaps he made up a fake yoga system and calls it Native Yoga.

I do not see anything on the site which is outright fraudulent, but it's a bit New-Agey with it's mixing of Native culture and Yoga. I'd avoid these teachings if one is looking to avoid new-agey mishmash presented as traditional teaching. If he is advertising with such terminology, it is a good idea to be distrusting.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 04:05:07 am by catbus »

Mahekun

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 06:38:08 am »
Native yoga. Lol   :D

Autumn

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 03:27:31 pm »
He has a very slick website and has made a lot of money using his Native American ancestry.

He certainly does blend East and West.  This is one of his CD's:

Harmony of East & West
Native American Music for Yoga & Meditation
Transport yourself. Vibrant and Mesmerizing music:
Mr. Redhouse's music has been effectively used by individuals for personal healing meditation, by massage therapists and during Yoga classes. Tony completed his Yoga teacher training certification at Yoga Connection in Tucson, Arizona. He is very grateful for the wisdom and vision shared from Priscilla Potter (founder) and the staff at this yoga studio.
*This CD was formatted for Yoga practice with segments for warm up and simple poses, more energetic asanas, cool down and complete relaxation or savasana.
Four Tracks:
1. Hear the Sun Come (21:51)); 2. The Harvest (21:13);
3. Light in Darkness (15:53); 4. Free to Be (19:08)

http://www.tonyredhouse.net/store/store.html