Author Topic: Ceremonies for sale in the UK, also ‘ayahuasca tourism’  (Read 4685 times)

Sad-Old-Druid

Ceremonies for sale in the UK, also ‘ayahuasca tourism’
« on: April 11, 2011, 01:12:25 pm »
Three things I can tell you:

1   ‘Sweat lodges’ and other ceremonies for sale

Sacred Earth Camps has devised an ongoing programme of ‘Native American teachings’. The website gives a full price list:

sacred-earth-camps.co.uk

phone      44 (0) 1884 881467
and      44 (0) 7584 050086

The same people, Bethlehem Taylor (calls himself Sun Eagle Heart) and Adrian (calls himself Summer Lightning Hawk), are selling a ‘Lakota Sweat Lodge’ ceremony near Totnes, Devon, UK, on 23 April 2011, price £60.

2   Quest Natural Health Show

The annual new-age circus rolls into town at the racecourse (!) in Newton Abbot, Devon, UK, in July 2011. Their programme is just released. I am pleased to report that the ‘sweat lodges’ they sold in previous years are not being advertised this year. However, they are selling a ‘Native American Pipe Ceremony’ at 12 noon on Friday 8 July, led by Daniel Darby. Price £5.

questuk.co.uk

3   Ayahuasca tourism for sale

Tourism trips to Amazonia are part of the wide range of things sold by ‘Eagle’s Wing’, which has recently rebranded itself with the absurdly pompous title of ‘Eagle’s Wing College of Contemporary Shamanism’.

I did not know, before reading this forum, that you already know about this organisation and its derivation from the discredited Harley Swiftdeer (among others). They continue to sell ‘Native American style sweat lodges’, ‘medicine wheel’, and an entire range of courses and other ceremonies. Only the language has been modified; they continue broadly as before, without interruption.

shamanism.co.uk
celebratingwoman.co.uk

I have heard plenty of talk for and against ‘ayahuasca tourism’ from the white world. I have yet to hear anyone’s *uncensored* words from Amazonia, or indeed anyone outside the UK. I would like to hear this important issue discussed more.

----------------
I am sorry I just cannot make this computer do hyperlinks.

Sad-Old-Druid

Re: Ceremonies for sale in the UK, also ‘ayahuasca tourism’
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 01:06:10 pm »
Following my posting above, here are a few other things to check out at the Quest Natural Health Show, Newton Abbot, UK:

>   Daniel Darby 'is part Cherokee, and his Native Indian name is Stone Sitting, given to him by Hyemeohsts Storm'

>   Opie Gems are selling Native American jewellery

>   Mac MacCartney is 'mentored by Native American "medicine people", and he
     'blends contemporary issues with the ancient "Circle of Law" from the indigenous people of North America'.

>   Trace CZ Blackwolf is offering 'shamanic journeying' and 'past life spirit express'

>   Barbara Micklejohn-Free is offering 'power animals'

>   Raj Nandrup is offering 'Tensegrity' 'as taught to Maya shamans'.

Offline nemesis

Re: Ceremonies for sale in the UK, also ‘ayahuasca tourism’
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 02:11:59 pm »
Thanks for that

the quest website is here

http://www.questuk.co.uk/

lots of pseudo-shamanism and pseudo-tantra on offer

classy event

*sarcasm*

(((people in Newton Abbott)))