Author Topic: Moonlight Turtle Lodge  (Read 26883 times)

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
Re: Moonlight Turtle Lodge
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 09:55:07 pm »
OK EarthW7... want to know how funny I am? and I do appreciate the humor. Why did the middle aged white woman cross the street? Again and again and again? Why would she say "shalom" when she toasts? Why would she say"Amen sister" when she is neither christian or black? Why would she tell her daughters and other women, when they are going through hard times, "You can do this... you are a strong black woman"? Funny sh#t... right?

What in the heck are you talking about?

Offline Nina Renshaw

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 10:01:26 pm »
No humor allowed?

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 10:11:27 pm »
Of course humor is allowed. Could you please answer my questions? Thanks.

Offline Nina Renshaw

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2015, 10:28:31 pm »
I guess my middle aged white woman humor escapes you. A comedian once told me that if you have to explain your humor.... it is lost

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2015, 10:32:43 pm »
I guess my middle aged white woman humor escapes you. A comedian once told me that if you have to explain your humor.... it is lost

I guess. Could you please answer my questions?

Offline Nina Renshaw

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2015, 11:01:02 pm »
OK. I guess your question is What the heck am I talking about. I am a little afraid of opening up because this site is used to put people down. I understand that people who claim things that aren't true should be revealed. And I respect you for that. I realize that anything I say will be posted and ripped apart for that good. But... my joke about the white lady crossing the street probably has to do with my own experience in the food industry that has men that I am training making more than me. I don't claim that my plight has any more value than any one else's plight and I feel that a black woman has it harder than me. That's why I encourage my daughters and other women in my life that are going through hard times, to "Be a strong black woman". They have it harder than us. Gay people have it the hardest. I hope this explains some of my "humor"

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2015, 11:12:26 pm »
No Nina, Sky is not asking you to post random things about yourself or to "open up." These are the questions she asked:

The medicine wheel I created was to help to create a space of healing. Emotionally, spiritually and physically.

Healing in what tradition?

The medicine wheel up at the MTL hasn't had an opening ceremony yet. Our opening ceremony will be with our fellow plant spirit alumni and our extended family.

What is a 'fellow plant spirit alumni'? Could you please explain your intended ceremony and the tradition it comes out of?

We claim no Native affiliation. Too bad all people can't come together. The Celtic has medicine wheel, too

You claim no Native affiliation yet you have a totem pole and a medicine wheel?
What do you mean by "Too bad all people can't come together."?
Could you please provide authentic sources to your claim of Celtic medicine wheels?

If you intend to continue posting here, please respect the Indigenous grandmothers who have addressed you and answer the questions. 

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2015, 11:14:01 pm »
The medicine wheel I created was to help to create a space of healing. Emotionally, spiritually and physically.

Healing in what tradition?

The medicine wheel up at the MTL hasn't had an opening ceremony yet. Our opening ceremony will be with our fellow plant spirit alumni and our extended family.

What is a 'fellow plant spirit alumni'? Could you please explain your intended ceremony and the tradition it comes out of?

We claim no Native affiliation. Too bad all people can't come together. The Celtic has medicine wheel, too

You claim no Native affiliation yet you have a totem pole and a medicine wheel?
What do you mean by "Too bad all people can't come together."?
Could you please provide authentic sources to your claim of Celtic medicine wheels?

The above are the questions I was referring to.

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2015, 11:41:16 pm »
Nina, rather than harassing mods in private messages please post in the relevant threads. Because of the volume of traffic we get on this site we can't hold everyone's hand and show them specifically where to post. That's why we have guidelines. Please be a responsible guest and read them.

I would appreciate it if you would answer my questions. Thank you.

Offline Nina Renshaw

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2015, 11:57:10 pm »
You know I already answered your question. You just didn't post it. Shame shame. Now I guess this is spam.

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2015, 11:59:59 pm »
You know I already answered your question. You just didn't post it. Shame shame. Now I guess this is spam.

I asked you several questions and you did not answer them. I have no control over what you post O.o

Offline JeelyPiece

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2015, 10:54:50 am »
The Celtic has medicine wheel, too

No. They really didn't. Though I'd be interested to see your 'proof' of such a claim.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2015, 11:38:04 pm »
The medicine wheel I created was to help to create a space of healing. Emotionally, spiritually and physically. The medicine wheel up at the MTL hasn't had an opening ceremony yet. Our opening ceremony will be with our fellow plant spirit alumni and our extended family. We claim no Native affiliation. Too bad all people can't come together. The Celtic has medicine wheel, too

From the Moonlight Turtle Lodge Facebook Page
Quote from: Nina Renshaw-Powers
Nina Renshaw-Powers
18 June 2014 at 21:27
We've been working to get the medicine wheel open at MTL for opening ceremony to be announced soon. We will be looking forward to all our family and friends to bless the land once again with their love. Aho!

More of the same in Nina's intro thread: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4613.0

Offline JeelyPiece

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2015, 10:51:12 am »
OK. I guess your question is What the heck am I talking about. I am a little afraid of opening up because this site is used to put people down. I understand that people who claim things that aren't true should be revealed. And I respect you for that. I realize that anything I say will be posted and ripped apart for that good. But... my joke about the white lady crossing the street probably has to do with my own experience in the food industry that has men that I am training making more than me. I don't claim that my plight has any more value than any one else's plight and I feel that a black woman has it harder than me. That's why I encourage my daughters and other women in my life that are going through hard times, to "Be a strong black woman". They have it harder than us. Gay people have it the hardest. I hope this explains some of my "humor"

Is "humour" really the most appropriate response here, Nina? I'm hard pressed to figure out what's funny about your posts, but if you insist on calling it humour then OK ??? But you're posting here because you don't want to be listed as a fraud, and instead of answering the questions that have been put to you, you're ignoring them and trying to deflect from the issue with "humour." You're wasting people's time posting all over the forum in inappropriate place and making the mods have to clean up after you. What you're doing here comes across as rude and disrespectful. Instead of trying to deflect the questions that have been put to you, why don't you answer them? If you don't think people will like your answers, why bother posting here at all?

Autumn

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2015, 04:51:46 pm »
What is really sad about this is that Nina has labeled herself a fraud.  This thread is now, and has always been, in "Research Needed".

If you Google her name right now, you will see her comment:  "I googled my name the other day to find out I was listed on this site as a fraud."  (She was never listed on this site as a fraud.)

And if you come to this site, you will not find her answering any of the questions in "Research Needed".  She did not improve her standing but only made herself look much worse. 

Yeah, I don't get the humor also.