Author Topic: Texas Caddo Tribe  (Read 7725 times)

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Texas Caddo Tribe
« on: May 09, 2005, 08:40:51 pm »
Has anyone heard of a Texas Caddo tribe? I know there is one in Oklahoma. The reason is there is a new fraud around and he claims enrollment in the Texas Caddo tribe. If there is no such bunch, that shows him for a liar. If there is, maybe the tribe would like to know what this creep is doing. And he is very creepy.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Texas Caddo Tribe
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 09:50:16 pm »
There's only three recognized tribes in Texas, the Tigua or Tewa Pueblo near El Paso, the Alabama-Coushatta a little north of Houston, and the Kickapoo near Eagle Pass. There are also several Cherokee communities in north Texas, none of them recognized, plus unrecognized groups calling themselves the Lipan Apache and Jumano Apache I'm not sure about, and one out and out twink outfit claiming to be "Tenskawitcha".

The Caddo were relocated to OK in 1859. There was a Lousiana group of Caddos forced to move there even earlier, 1835. If there is a group claiming to be Texas Caddo, they either stayed extremely well hidden or possibly have distant ancestry, "a family reunion wanting to be a tribe."

There's no mention of any of them staying in Texas at the Caddo Nation official website or at any of the histories the tribal site links to.
http://www.caddonation-nsn.gov/History.htm

What's the fraud's name?

debbieredbear2

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 12:05:10 am »
Andy Rodriques, or Rodriguez. Not sure of the spelling. He calls himself "Walks With Thunder." Oh, man, Al, if you heard his story about how he became a shaman, you would laugh pretty hard. It involves mowing green lawns in Pine Ridge and reading mary Summer Rain books...He says he is 1/4 Caddo. Or Kay Doh as he pronounces it. ;)

Offline kosowith

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 03:22:00 pm »
When did they get lawns in Pine Ridge ??- jokes!!

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 05:01:16 pm »
Haha! We were wondering the same thing.;)