Author Topic: Howshua Amariel  (Read 7673 times)

Offline Superdog

Howshua Amariel
« on: September 07, 2008, 02:36:31 pm »
Or "Chief" Howshua Amariel....

Anyways, Mr. Amariel isn't necessarily a plastic shaman or selling ceremonies, but he is dangerously on his way there.

He's mostly into self-promotion.  He's been ordained a Rabbi and does a lot of work in Jewish communities (or Black Jewish communities) according to him.  He also does a lot of writing and has a list of works about his family or works created by him that he's trying to get published. 

Here's some websites:  (they're a little difficult to navigate, but a little lookin' around will get you a true picture of the Howshua)

http://amarielfamily.tripod.com/index.html

This page outlines a little of Howshua's family history where he puts together a link between his family, Cherokees and the Lost Tribes of Israel.

http://amarielfamily.tripod.com/6.htm

Other than rewriting a lot of history to suit his own family history I don't see any evidence of him selling ceremonies or starting a tribe or anything.  He just gets a lot wrong.  Unfortunately all the stuff he gets wrong he believes to be completely right and therefore seems to feel he's entitled to his "Cherokee" heritage even if he doesn't know a thing about it.

Which brings me to why I bring him up here in the first place.  It's more just to have his name known with some info about him because of a disturbing video I saw on Youtube.

So here you go.....(and pay attention to Howshua's comments...he deletes anything negative and replaces it with his response...some of the responses may make you throw up in your mouth a little....  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf1m2n8RXk8

Explore the responses and related videos...there's video responses from some Native folks tryin' to set Howshua straight, but he's dead set that he's right and uses their footage and video responses to make his own responses explaining the things they question.....really crazy stuff.  He's definitely lumping all Natives into one category and believes he has a sense of entitlement to "his people."  (that's one of his excuse lines...."This is how MY PEOPLE do this...or MY PEOPLE do that.")

Like I said....just puttin' his name out there for future reference.  Just in case he starts his own "tribe" or something along that line in the future.

Superdog

Offline MatoSiWin

Re: Howshua Amariel
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 04:55:49 pm »
All I can say is WOW... that is some way out there $h1t.  I ran into some people who claimed to be from the "Lost tribe of Israel" about 13 years ago... they were very Cult-like, and they gave me the creeps, big time.  The things they say make no sense what-so-ever, and they talk in circles.

I don't know much about the Cherokee culture, but the responses from real Cherokees were all very clear that what this guy was doing had NOTHING to do with thier culture, so that's really all I need to know.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 05:29:26 pm by MatoSiWin »