Author Topic: FL Drumming Circle Sweat Lodge  (Read 12927 times)

Offline AlaskaGrl

FL Drumming Circle Sweat Lodge
« on: February 11, 2005, 02:17:47 am »
http://www.peacepoles.org/events/lodge112302.html

Contact us for more info:

Donna & Jack Kassewitz @ 305-235-0288
jack@peacepoles.org

A fun-filled evening of drumming, dancing and the purifying experience of a Sweat Lodge! Enjoy great music and community spirit in a relaxed atmosphere. Come dance the Peace Path and play the Peace Drums with us!
Global Heart organizes these events in order to bring the art of spiritual ceremony to the community of South Florida. Their vision has been to merge the core Truths of traditional sacred ceremony with the expanded worldview that our generation is now able to hold - blending the best of the old and the new.

What a joy for spiritually minded people to celebrate together! What a gift it is to see families gathering together to create sacred space! It's time for you to answer the call. Make the choice to be the change!

Children have their own 30-minute round in the sweat lodge before the adults and the temperature is kept very mild for them. Then the children have their own council with organized activities while the adults have their Sweat Lodge.

All are welcome. This is a great opportunity for children to participate in powerful ceremony. In case of rain, ceremonies will be in a sheltered area, so please don't hesitate to join us!

Donation: $35 adults, children $5. Limited scholarships available.
Your donations are used to provide supplies for the ceremonies.
You should bring:

Drum or other musical instruments
A potluck dish for sharing afterward
Old blankets to sit on
Towels and lightweight clothing or bathing suit for sweat lodge

Offline AlaskaGrl

Addendum
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 02:36:48 am »
This is the group that does the above.

""In 1994, Jack was spiritually directed to move to Santa Fe, NM and begin his study in traditional healing. He was intensely trained by a special council of Medicine Elders of the Lakota, Zuni, Hopi, Dineh, Yaqui and Apache tribes. Widely recognized by the council as the legendary Elder White Brother and the guardian of the Sacred Medicine Bundle, Jack has returned to Miami to assist Global Heart, Inc. in using Medicine Ways to heal the Earth and awaken this region. ""

http://www.peacepoles.org/about.html

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: FL Drumming Circle Sweat Lodge
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 05:23:19 am »
This part is enough to make you puke:

"Widely recognized by the council as the legendary Elder White Brother and the guardian of the Sacred Medicine Bundle, Jack has returned to Miami to assist Global Heart, Inc. in using Medicine Ways to heal the Earth and awaken this region. "

Oh, gee, another legendary white brother. BLECH!  I though Roy Steevenz was that.;)

Offline AlaskaGrl

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 02:15:32 pm »
Yeah...   I looked around online for the tag line "Elder White Brother" and found several.  What a load of crap.  I find it even more amazing that people fall for this bunk!   And do so at such levels that a foundation can be formed from it.  I'm going to look around some more.  See what else I can turn up.

Its been busy at work so I have not been on too much - I get home and i'm pooped.  Finding stuff like this really incenses me to know end.  This should go on the list.

Linda

This part is enough to make you puke:

"Widely recognized by the council as the legendary Elder White Brother and the guardian of the Sacred Medicine Bundle, Jack has returned to Miami to assist Global Heart, Inc. in using Medicine Ways to heal the Earth and awaken this region. "

Oh, gee, another legendary white brother. BLECH! ? I though Roy Steevenz was that.;)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 09:38:44 pm »
"...intensely trained by a special council of Medicine Elders of the Lakota, Zuni, Hopi, Dineh, Yaqui and Apache tribes."

Go to the links and you'll see who one of the imposters posing as an elder likely is:

Manny "Two Feathers".