Author Topic: Roelien de Lange - 'shaman' with over 25 years of experience  (Read 4144 times)

Offline Litsehimmel

Roelien de Lange, http://www.roeliendelange.nl/m6_25_jaar_sjamanisme.html

De Elfenbank
In 1977 Roelien de Lange founded the spiritual center 'De Elfenbank' (Elves Bank). This center was located in Ottersum, near Nijmegen. Starting in the Seventies she visited Indian tribes during her world travels, where she encoutered shamanism for the first time. She ten proceeded to invite wise Indians to The Netherlands. In this manner the first sweat lodges, moon lodges, a tipi camp and medicine wheel ceremonies were started at De Elfenbank. Roelien was also initiated in the peace pipe prayers.

Elsewhere she writes:

Inspirational sources
Many Indian medicine men visited the center, like Archi Fire Lame Deer (Sioux), Sun Bear (Chippewa), Amala Bun Lucas (Pomo), Brenda Collins (Cherokee) and Jamie Sams Midnight Song (Choctaw). Later, shamans from other cultures visited as well. She also became friends with the Maoris of New Zealand, the Kahuna's of Hawaii, Druïds in Europe and a shaman of the Sami people (the 'Laps').

The interesting thing is that on the English verion of her site (http://www.roeliendelange.nl/index_eng.html) the names of the 'medicine men' she met and was trained by are not mentioned!

This Elfenbank was closed in 1993, after which she started de School for Shamanism (School voor Sjamanisme). The school is now connected to her website 'Het Kristalpunt' (Crystal Point). This 'school' issues certificates for those who have "successfully completed the course 'Shamanism and Transformation' and are considered to be able to apply the important skills, view points and techniques of shamanism within his or her profession".. http://www.hands-on-healing.nl/d-kristal.html

On 'Kristalpunt':

The purpose of the Kristalpunt II foundation

Promoting respect for all living things from an ecological consciousness, as well as the responsibility for the stewardship we have ourselves for our natural surroundings and for our earth.

Creating a link between Western thought and the way indigenous peoples of the earth experience nature, as well as the wisdom of ancient cultures.

Promoting art and culture through a multicultural and holistic vision.

Supporting people who are at pivotal points in their lives in order to grow within their transformational process into a deeper contact with themselves, fellow humans and nature, in such a manner that spirituality is experienced as a bond with the whole creation. Contact with nature helps the healing processes of body and spirit.

Using other exercises which are connected to, or may be beneficial to the aforementioned in the broadest meaning of the word.

The aforementioned takes place independent of, but with respect for existing religions and teaching systems, with the purpose of serving this society by positively contributing to renewing society.

Conclusively, our purpose it to support the transformational process of humans, animals, plants and planet earth.

In an article (http://www.opengeesten.nl/articles/pdf/Sjamanisme_geloof_in_een_groter_geheel.pdf) she states:

The Indians in North-America, from whom I have learned the most, say that the medicine man or woman connected to stones is the very best. If you can understand the language of the stones, you can slow down your own consciousness to the point where you can understand those stones. This appears to be incredibly difficult and demand a lot of knowledge and training.

There are a lot of names connected to Roelien de Lange, and it will take some time to research them all.

LH
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:10:03 am by Litsehimmel »

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
Re: Roelien de Lange - 'shaman' with over 25 years of experience
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 04:12:32 pm »
I just have to ask what is a moon lodge??? :o
Why is it the white people make up things about our culture
like they are true. I see she listed the frauds from US as
the ones who teacher her.
In Spirit

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 04:42:39 pm »
And fraud Jamie Sams's claimed tribal affiliation has changed yet again.

Offline Litsehimmel

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 10:26:20 am »
I actually called Roelien and asked her about the workshops on her website. She first told me that currently she doesn't give workshops because she is "reflecting" on what she really wants to do. When I sounded disappointed she changed her attitude and proceeded to tell me that she definitely would be giving workshops again. When I asked her about the costs she told me that basically a workshop would be "40, or maybe even 50 euro per person per day". Asking me where I live (Fryslân) she told me that this was too far for her to travel (over 100 mls one direction), but I was always welcome to come over there, and maybe organize something myself (?!). If I were to show up with a group of 10 people the costs would be 500 euro for a whole day, excluding food and materials.

These are the workshops mentioned on her website.

Moonlodge

The moonlodge is a century old event, in part created by the Indians. It is a gathering of women of all ages. From early times on, the moonlodge consisted of paying attention to menstruation of moon period but also other milestones in a woman's life, like: work, family, living, pregnancy and menopause, the wise woman and Goddess energy.

The moonlodge aims to come closer to our being-woman through rituals, dance or song, creativity and reflection, but also through experiences with nature. here we learn from the old wisdom of shamanic cultures. There people still know the initiation into womanhood and the female side of the God-perception. We have lost contact with our Goddess energy, Mother Earth and Grandmother Moon (as the Indians call them). In the moonlodge we will rediscover this red thread, with respect for each conviction and religion.

Workshop 'Experiencing Indian culture'

Over the past 25 years Roelien de Lange regularly stayed with several Indian tribes where she learned a lot about indian culture from wise medicine men and women. She also invited them over to Europe and in this manner built a bridge between the Western world of experience and the old wisdom of the Indians. She manages to share this in a captivating and creative manner with groups.

In the 'roundhouse', a round Indian group house at her home, she will take you on a journey through the Indian culture. You will go on an Indian trance journey accompanied by the rythm of the heart beat drum. The purpose is to gain insight and power for your work and daily life, and finding your own totem animal.

Via a creative technique you can personally experience the power of this totem animal. Like through movement or primal dancing, or by making a mask. You can also make a medicine shield with natural materials like leather, willow wood, feathers and paint. Round the fire there's room for dancing or Indian songs. A quiet program may consist of listening to Indian stories filled with humor and wisdom. You can also learn how to make a 'talking stick'.

Outside, exercises in perception may give you a special experience. Predatory birds, trees, the stars and the wind, everything has its own energy ield to the Indians. With a little effort, or actually relaxation, we can also be in connection with that vitalizing life energy. Stress will disappear like snow in the sun. You will be amazed about the energy you can gain from your experiences.

Workshop/lecture 'Introduction to Shamanism'

[...]In the workshop Relien tells about her intense contact with wise Indians, as well as with other primitive peoples on earth like Laps, the Sami and the Maoris from New Zealand. In practical exercises we will connect with 'the force that moves through all things', like the Indians say.

Workshop/leture 'The power of the Indians'

Indians feel connected with 'the Force that moves through all things', a living force which flows through everything. The show respect for all of creation, the animals, the stars and the wind, and know that everything is connected with eachother. This love for the earth and everything that lives has inspired Roelien de Lange in creating her books and works of art. The Indian spirituality gives inner strength and healing. A workshop with Indian stories, singing and dance, spirituality and experiencing ature. Option to finish with the Indian peace pipe ceremony.

Workshop 'Places of power'

[blah blah, yahda yahda] Option to finish with an Indian peace pipe ceremony, which is a prayer for the whole of creation. [more blah blah] An evening and a day in combination with the Workshop 'The Medicine Wheel' is also possible.

Workshop 'The Medicine Wheel'

People all over the world visit caves, springs or old trees at old sacred places which emenate a special energy. Lourdes and Glastonbury are still visited on a regular base. man has also erected powerful monuments himself, like the pyramids and the large stone circel at Stonehenge. Indians also built stone circels as connections between heaven and earth. They're called medicine wheels. The wise Indian Sun Bear received a vision with the order to build medicine wheels all over the world and in this manner teach people to be consciously aware of Mother Earth. In the natural cosmology of the medicine wheel we find the 4 seasons, the 4 wind directions but also our life journey from birth to death. A medicine wheel is a reflection of the growth process and life cycle of man. Each of the 36 used stones has its own symbolism. With gravel stones we learn how to build a small medicine wheel after which we will build a large medicine wheel together during a ceremony. This can be done both inside and outside. Song, dance and prayer, inspired by the Indians, support the ceremony.
The medicine wheel is universal for people of all religions. It is a modern meaningful ceremony, in which thoughts on peace and a healthy environment are strengthened. Around the medicine wheel we can realize together that all life on earth is one large circel of which we are part.

All in all she sounds a bit like the wizard of an old Dutch tv-series, Ti-Ta Tovenaar, who always used to sing: A little of this, a little of that when concocting his magical potions. Clicking on all the links associated with her, and then on those associated with her associates brings me to the conclusion that there are hundreds (and possibly more) newage people in The Netherlands who use ndn culture in either their descriptios or autobiography. Mind boggling!

LH

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 06:01:40 pm »
Racist swill.