Author Topic: Harold "White Horse" Thompson  (Read 53142 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Harold "White Horse" Thompson
« on: June 24, 2007, 07:29:08 pm »
http://www.bluecorncomics.com/stype726.htm
American Indian Chief Performs Healing Ceremony for Upper West Siders

BY GABRIELLE BIRKNER Staff Reporter of the Sun February 13, 2007

A fragrant mix of smoky sage and red willow bark filled an Upper West Side meeting room that's windows were covered with blankets and plastic sheeting and whose door jams were sealed with duct tape. Standing near the center of the room, an American Indian chief and medicine man, Harold "White Horse" Thompson, chanted and waved stone-filled rattles that pierce the darkness with streaks of light.

About 30 men and women who had come to the Children of Life interfaith center sat around the chief. They had come to participate in an American Indian healing ceremony called a Lowampi.

A small but growing number of New Yorkers are embracing Mr. Thompson's holistic healing philosophy and making periodic trips to meet with him in South Dakota. In November, some of his adherents paid for him to travel to New York City, and last week they brought him back for another two-week stint.

"It's not about slowing down the pace of New York but bringing a different perspective on life and how we make decisions," a resident of the East New York section of Brooklyn who is studying to become a Lakota medicine man, Omar Miller, said on Sunday. "New York needs this kind of energy."

Mr. Miller, who was reared Episcopalian, said he first became convinced of Mr. Thompson's healing powers eight years ago, after the chief treated a friend suffering from liver failure. Ultimately, Mr. Miller, a 46-year-old registered nurse, said he hopes to balance a career in nursing with practicing as a Brooklyn-based medicine man.

It took Mr. Thompson, 44, a lifelong member of the Lakota tribe of the Sioux Nation, more than 15 years of studying Lakota hymns and natural remedies to receive the title of medicine man. He now treats cancer with poisonous gourd extracts and illnesses such as arthritis, glaucoma, and diabetes with a proprietary concoction of plants and herbs — remedies that, he said, lose their potency near dogs, cats, and menstruating women.

Following the guttural chants that inaugurated Sunday 's Lowampi, the chief prompted guests to share their prayers aloud. One by one in the darkness, anonymous attendees prayed for peace among nations, healing for a paralyzed nephew, and their own good health. As they spoke, the chief intermittently shook a rattle or spoke a word or two in his mother tongue, Lakota.

Once everyone had spoken, another participant sang a series of Lakota hymns while he played the drum. The Lowampi culminated with each attendee taking a puff of the chief's bark-filled pipe and a sip from a communal water jug.

A New Age teacher from Astoria, Queens, Stephen Popiotek, 35, said the back and shoulder pain he was suffering from prior to Sunday's Lowampi was gone by the end of the ceremony. "I felt a much deeper sense of peace and centeredness, more of a feeling of being assured about things that are going to happen," he said.

Among the other participants was a suburban New Jersey-based filmmaker and entrepreneur, Salvatore Lumetta, who periodically partakes in Lakota "vision quests" — solitary, two-day prayer sessions and ritual fasts that he said strengthen his beliefs and clarify his goals. During his last vision quest, which took place on a South Dakota hilltop last fall, Mr. Lumetta said he heard a voice repeating the phrase "There is no separation," which he took to be God's message of unity among people.

Mr. Lumetta said he grew up Catholic and still considers himself Christian, despite his commitment to Lakota practices.

Mr. Thompson said some members of the Lakota tribe disagree with his decision to teach American Indian rituals outside the community. While some animosity lingers about how natives were treated by European settlers, Mr. Thompson said all people should be able to appreciate centuries-old rites such as the vision quests and Lowampi ceremonies.

Sunday's gathering, he said, gave participants a rare opportunity to let down their guard and verbalize their prayers. "I could tell that a lot of people got answers to what they came there for," he said.

Mr. Thompson will lead another Lowampi ceremony on Friday at 8 p.m. at Centerpoint Yoga Studios, 324 Lafayette St., seventh floor, $65.

Submitted by JM from TX, Feb 15, 2007 15:31

This turns my stomach. A life long member of the Lakota Tribe of the Sioux Nation? Give me a break. Has anyone checked his references? I'm sure he probably has a medical license issued by the Sioux Nation to practice his fancy medicine?

True medicine men and women DO NOT advertise they are medicine men and women; let alone charge a fee. This person is preying on misguided individuals like a televanglist uses Christianity to line his pocket.

What would Christians do if someone decided to take what little they know about their religion, change and alterate to fit their need, and practice this "fake" religion under the guise of being taught everything they know from your local church? People not familiar with your church start to wonder, is this what they learn at that church?

Submitted by Angela Swanson, Feb 13, 2007 23:39

I found this article to be a insult to the Lakota People. First he states he has been a Lakota tribal member his whole life but he didn't know the songs or language??? You all of a sudden do not decide to be a medicine man but it is passed from generation to generation, having being taught from infancy.

Where is his credentials that he is a Chief? I have not heard this? This needs to be checked out. Also true, IS, medicine men DO NOT charge for ceremonies, this makes him a fraud, and Omar Miller now decides he wants to be a medicine man. Sorry it does not happen that way. This is simply exploiting the Lakota ways and another way of genocide of their cultures and ceremonies. I say again this man is a FRAUD and is making, scamming inocent, vulnerable people out of thier money.

There is a name for people like him..."Plastic Shaman."

Rob's comment
There's no such thing as a "Lakota tribe of the Sioux Nation." But there are several Sioux tribes consisting of Lakota people.

Typically a medicine man isn't a chief and vice versa. Medicine might belong a tribe or a clan, but it usually doesn't belong to an individual.

Vision quests are usually four days long, not two.

See the comments on the original article for more criticism of "Chief" Thompson.

-----
Submitted by SF in MI, Feb 28, 2007 15:34

Just another exploitation of the Native People! you do not decide yourself to be a chief or a so called medicine man, cheif's are elected have been for hundreds of years where do you think the basis of today's government came from?,When you are a healer you are chosen! and you learn from birth what is asked of you. there are no fee's charged for any type of ceramony, when your a healer that is your duty to the one's that have gone before us That man is a FRAUD, FRAUD, FRAUD!!!!! As for the people that felt healed after this guy pretends to do what he does, the power of suggestion, and the brain are very powerful, your body is made to self heal already, it's just the junk in todays world that hinders that! people like him are just in it to con other people!

-----
Submitted by Annette F. Lynnwood WA, Mar 6, 2007 01:44

I am sorry to read this article. Another fraud. Shamans do not go to the cities to show or share their medicine, there is much to do within their own communities. The people "looking to be conned or healed" will learn to find another way. I guess this experience may teach them fo seek another path or learn to deal with their own lonlieness and to look within for their own spiriuality instead of a Shaman that charges the "city folk" cash for his supposed services.

Run Like the wind!

-----
Submitted by Wade Crowe, Feb 28, 2007 13:40

This is exploitation at it's fullest. A traditional medicine man would not charge for his services. This guy needs to be locked up in a rez jail.

Wade Crowe, enrolled with the Yanktonai Hunkpati Dakota Sioux of Crow Creek, South Dakota

-----
Submitted by GB, TX, Mar 6, 2007 03:22

Being a man/woman of the medicine path is nothing one can take easy on, with it comes a lot of responsibility. A person that has this gift is often humble, quiet and prefer solitude. Being gifted by Creator, is nothing a person goes around and talks about,even less, advertise hers/his services for a cost. This person is always availible for the people, no matter what. Helping the people comes first. Unfortunally are there many out there that claims to be medicine men/women, shamans, etc.. and people that are lost in their faith believes these peoples word and gladly pay the fee for a ceremony. What they don't understand is the danger behind this, when a ceremony is conducted it opens doors, and you need to know how to close them, when the ceremony is done. It is also a health issue, some ceremonies, can be dangerous for people with poor health. In California, june 2002, 2 people died in a sweatlodge, conducted by people that shouldn't have conducted it. People do not take ceremonies seriously, but instead as a trendy thing they have to try. I have always been told that you don't do ceremonies, with mixed women and men because of the different energies. So that makes you wonder, also attending a ceremony you should not only know the person that conducts it, but also if there are other participants(inipi ceremony). It is sad that someone has to pretend to be something they are not, and we can write all kind of comments, but we should pray for these people, to find the right path in life, and not live someone elses, because it is obvious that these people only seek attention, and that they have a need to be needed. There are so many lost people out in the world that needs someone, just as a friend in hard times, that these fake people would have their hands full, if they only looked around them, instead of using traditional customs as a tool, to make money.

-----
Submitted by Dakota, Mar 6, 2007 12:19

I can't believe you are actually promoting such nonsense by posting an article in a News Paper. There is a unspoken rule within our Native community, Don't Pay to Pray! This person is breaking everything with hold sacred. You do not share our sacred ceremonies and prayers to anyone, especially non-Natives. To top it off, you make them PAY for it!! You can not sell special favors with the Creator.

This has to stop, this has to end now, I am sick of plastic shaman, I am sick of people using the name of my ancestors for monetary gain. I pray the Creator will step in and take care of this situation once and for all.

-----
Submitted by NDN B4U, Mar 6, 2007 18:44

In my tribe, Seneca, as I'm fairly certain is also the case with the Lakota, it is a tremendous insult to offer money to Medicine Men for anything, but most especially, a sacred ceremony. Hint: This is a dead give-away to anyone wondering if their Medicine Man is for real. But what do you expect from people who mistook Wampum for money and thought women had no place at Treaty Councils?

-----
Submitted by Martin KnifeChief, Mar 6, 2007 18:47

Time and time again, I see these people who say they are "medicine men". One that charges money is not. The medicine men of my growing up years may ask for a donation of tobacco, a blanket or other items but not mazaska (money). These people who pop up and have a following are cultists. For some reason, they have a power that draws people in. Our world is the world of mountains and plains, not New York high rise!! We do not teach that any place is where the Creator resides....and certainly there is no power in a high rise in New York for a Lakota!! A sweat lodge should always be connected to the earth. It must be done as our ancestors have said. One cannot have such a ceremony in a high rise, covered in plastic and duct tape! This man has found a captive, needy, audience, willing to pay for his services!! He should be given the black feather and told to stop!! Hecitu welo!!

-----
Submitted by Isnala, Mar 15, 2007 08:55

I am very appalled that a newspaper like this would put information out there to the public that is negligent to the truth/facts/research. How do you know this Mr. Thompson is a tribal member of any tribe? Have you called the tribal enrollment offices here on the nine different reservations here in South Dakota to see if this guy is an enrolled member? What is his lineage? I am Oglala Lakota and Ihanktunwan Dakota, I am an enrolled member of the Ihanktunwan Dakota Tribe. Everyone who lives here in South Dakota knows family from various reservations, and can tell you who the legit Medicine People are. I am sorry to say also the dear nurse cannot be a medicine man for the simple fact he has no blood line connecting him to our ancestors. He might be able to learn from a book natural indigenous medicines, but as far as being able to meet the criteria: Direct blood lineage to the original grandfather Medicine Men. he has no connection. Real ones begin practicing in early childhood, NOT as an adult, and definitely not because one day they WANT to. Is he able to speak Lakota? Probable not. Our Medicine People are chosen bythe Creator, not man/woman. A chief is chosen by the people. I was born and raised on the reservations of South Dakota, and I have never heard of Mr. Thompson ever in my life. Indian Country is a small world, everyone knows everyone. So he might be able to fool the people out there, but he better be careful coming around these parts, because he will be called out.

-----
Submitted by kwikbear emaciyapi, Mar 21, 2007 13:07

well what lakota tribe is he from?????? 44 years old, huh wonder who taught him. what dialect of lakota does he speak??? its says lakota sioux but which band?? is he oglala, sicangu, two kettle, hunkpapa, cheyenne, standing rock, i mean whatever band he is from i hope that tribe recognizes him as chief, so why isnt he trying to empower the young lakota that are on the reservation that are committing suicide. should help with the problems at home rather than trying to be a prophet for a profit. I will say that the only that sounds right in this article is medicine doesnt lose its power but more or less a medicine man knows when a women ishaving her moon its like he just can sense it. but that happens because women are considered the most sacred because they give birth to the next generation and theu are purified every month (menstration). However, a woman is more sacred than the pipe because well duh she brought it. In addition, i dont understand why a dog would make medicine lose its power. i mean lakota's eat dogs (puppies) in their ceremonies especially in yuwipi cermonies, even in the sundance the poepl eat dog meat because it is also medicine. poor new yorkers your gettin scammed but i guess if you have the means to pay for it i hope yu really get what your paying for. ho hecetu he.

-----
Submitted by quick bear, Mar 21, 2007 13:34

first of all, why is he saying children of life?? every individual has a place in the tribe. the nacas, the chief, the whip bearers, the shirt wearers, etc.. makeya, even the women have their place. moreso, the children (wakanyeja-sacred being) had their place in the tribe. atas hecetu sni. thats not the way you do things. sounds like you need to go back to your tribe and get whipped. lol.

-----
Submitted by Lakota Winyan, Mar 22, 2007 10:12

I know this man and his wasicu winyan. They own the White Horse Herbs in Mission, SD. I was very shocked when I received this article in my email. I was born and raised on this reservation and I have relatives who are medicine men and even I do not know all the ways. My grandpa was a medicine man and he NEVER charged money. He was a very humble man and he helped all who came to him. I know these "self proclaimed medicine men" are messing with something they shouldn't and they or their family will pay for their actions. I pray for them and for the wasicus who are falling prey to their words.

-----
Submitted by Oyate, Apr 14, 2007 00:11

This is way off, from the little I know and have seen, it isn't the medicine man who shakes the rattles, it's the spirits. In this case it may be the so called medicine person imitating a ceremony. Also to post $65 as a fee for this ceremony is not the way a true medicine person does medicine. I have attened many lakota ceremonies and people give what they feel wheter it be food, water, or money for gas for the medicine person but to outright ask for $65 up front is not the lakota way. Will they refuse a family who has no money?

Is this man a sundancer? Does he offer his flesh? Has he done hanbleca?

Plus you don't just study for 15 years and then bam your a medicine person....it's in the blood....it's in the STARS not in books.

Offline Cetan

• Hoka Hey
Re: Harold "White Horse" Thompson
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 04:47:43 pm »
He now also runs a Sundance out by White River, his winyan is a self professed pagan who told me the Sundance brings ill health because they worship a pentagram

Offline tahcha_sapa

Re: Harold "White Horse" Thompson -- is really Alva, pagan priestess
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 10:05:47 pm »

Standing near the center of the room, an American Indian chief and medicine man, Harold "White Horse" Thompson, chanted and waved stone-filled rattles that pierce the darkness with streaks of light.

Anyone who has ever met Harold and Alva know that Alva is the one who wears that pants in that team. Harold has always been the work horse. Fronting a sad little business on the rez. Ring through his nose, he pulls the load, digs the roots and cuts the sage: Alva, white pagan goddess (face lifts galore), has old Harold hooked up in the harness on that medicine show wagon. No sane, self-respecting Lakota man would allow himself to be used like that. But if you visited with him and got to him over a span of years, it becomes obvious that he can neither think clearly nor perform basic business routines and functions. Alva covers his ass every time he's blown a deal. He just drank too damned much over too many years but Harold is Alva's shill. She's the show. Harold still doesn't have a clue. He's not even a "chief". Alva makes sure that clueless reporters write down this detail: even if it is untrue. The Lakota do not have chiefs. "Chief" is an Algonquin word. The Lakota have ithachan -- leaders, mouthpieces of the Lakota body politic.
Alva IS Harold Thompson -- what's left of him anyway. That dude out there in the center of a staged performance -- who Alva is trying to pass off as a Lakota chief medicineman -- is what dissipation looks like at its best. It's how brain tissue, damaged by years of hard drinking, desperately behaves and looks like at its worst, especially when it gets all tangled up and twisted in the lines manipulated by a pagan priestess.
It's pitiful. Really.

Offline Jim

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 12:26:00 am »
Hi, I have found this a good post to follow, and I am following a lot of threads on this site..  I only recently found this source, I made a big mistake, but now watch and learn what you people say. But this veiwpoint from "tahcha" deserves support and acknowledgement. Great empathy.
P.S, I think your audience grows, and have no doubt it will continue to do so, good luck.

Offline chiefytiger

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 12:47:55 pm »
this person should know that doing ceremonies where money is involved shouldnt be allowed ,hes going to hurt his family and ,form what i know spirits dont like to be around any electricty or big citys, unless this man knws what hes doing ,But to be lead around by a women Hmmmm,makes me wonder , I have know many who try an do this type of ceremonys but only are not experienced .So I would say that hes doing this cos his women tells him and hes going to get himself hurt , I dont agree w/whats hes doing NO WAY ......

Offline Cetan

• Hoka Hey
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 04:11:44 pm »
just found out

WHAT:

SURPRISE TRADITIONALIST GUEST SPEAKER

WHO:

Harold Whitehorse Thompson

Lakota Sundance Leader
From the Rosebud Sioux Tribe
Of South Dakota

AIHFS has the unexpected honor to host
Sicangu Spiritual Leader Harold Thompson
Who will share his knowledge and teachings of the
Lakota Inipi and significance of the Canupa (Sacred Pipe)

WHERE:

American Indian Health & Family Services of Southeastern MI, INC
4880 Lawndale St
Detroit, MI 48823

WHEN:

6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Tuesday, October 14th, 2008

Bring a Dish to Pass!

Offline merci

Re: Harold "White Horse" Thompson -- is really Alva, pagan priestess
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 02:18:09 pm »

Standing near the center of the room, an American Indian chief and medicine man, Harold "White Horse" Thompson, chanted and waved stone-filled rattles that pierce the darkness with streaks of light.

Anyone who has ever met Harold and Alva know that Alva is the one who wears that pants in that team. Harold has always been the work horse. Fronting a sad little business on the rez. Ring through his nose, he pulls the load, digs the roots and cuts the sage: Alva, white pagan goddess (face lifts galore), has old Harold hooked up in the harness on that medicine show wagon. No sane, self-respecting Lakota man would allow himself to be used like that. But if you visited with him and got to him over a span of years, it becomes obvious that he can neither think clearly nor perform basic business routines and functions. Alva covers his ass every time he's blown a deal. He just drank too damned much over too many years but Harold is Alva's shill. She's the show. Harold still doesn't have a clue. He's not even a "chief". Alva makes sure that clueless reporters write down this detail: even if it is untrue. The Lakota do not have chiefs. "Chief" is an Algonquin word. The Lakota have ithachan -- leaders, mouthpieces of the Lakota body politic.
Alva IS Harold Thompson -- what's left of him anyway. That dude out there in the center of a staged performance -- who Alva is trying to pass off as a Lakota chief medicineman -- is what dissipation looks like at its best. It's how brain tissue, damaged by years of hard drinking, desperately behaves and looks like at its worst, especially when it gets all tangled up and twisted in the lines manipulated by a pagan priestess.
It's pitiful. Really.
[/quote

I like to know more about it.

Offline merci

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 12:45:34 am »
just found out

WHAT:

SURPRISE TRADITIONALIST GUEST SPEAKER

WHO:

Harold Whitehorse Thompson

Lakota Sundance Leader
From the Rosebud Sioux Tribe
Of South Dakota

AIHFS has the unexpected honor to host
Sicangu Spiritual Leader Harold Thompson
Who will share his knowledge and teachings of the
Lakota Inipi and significance of the Canupa (Sacred Pipe)

WHERE:

American Indian Health & Family Services of Southeastern MI, INC
4880 Lawndale St
Detroit, MI 48823

WHEN:

6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Tuesday, October 14th, 2008

Bring a Dish to Pass!

This person does everything for money.

Offline Cetan

• Hoka Hey
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 12:50:36 pm »
And he never showed up!!

Offline merci

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 06:41:47 pm »
... a way too occupied with his wife, because of his affairs.

Offline luisa

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 08:27:40 pm »
Today I`ve got an e-mail with the "offer" of Mr. Thompson: a workshop for Germans to learn traditional Lakota songs. 80 Euro for three days, for one day you have to pay 35 Euro. You also can tinker up some drum sticks with him.
Place: youth camp Vestenbergsgreuth near Erlangen / germany.
It`s really ridiculous! ::)

Offline erdebear

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 07:31:11 am »
I have heard of this mans name in connection with some Sundance ceremonies he has been running in Germany too.

Offline Synapsis

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 08:29:23 am »
P.T. Barnum said it you know... "there is one born every minute"

hummm... lots to touch on here.,... yep.. so spirits and the electricity thing... heheh....

i don't know... some use it to do what they do... but these are usually not the kinda spirits i would like want to pal around with... not that i am big on paling around with the disembodyed all that often... and there are lots of different kinds... what i kinda wonder about is well... like in germany does he understand them?? i mean if he does not speak german and they do not speak english... and maybe they are not like the helpful sort... you know those germans i don't know... they are kinda into their own kind... and well i have a huge following in berlin... but i am a cheerahonkey... heheh... they like the blond hair... and my whole other persona for outting assorted other deceivers of the people...

seriously though i just don't know how seriously i can really take anything rob from blue corn puts out there... i mean first of all he has all this native this and native that and he puts all these dark faces up there as if this is is culture and yet he is an upper-middle class jewish boy... which in itself is not really anything other then what it is... it is just the subtle deception and then the attitude you get from him when you point it out...

also with this dude... the bluecorncomics dude rob... well see i was in this one group using this one name where everyone pretty much respected me for knowing more then them... cuz they were all phoneys and i was in the process of explaining that white man brought the horse and so they could not be part of a 1000 year old horse nation and native american at the same time... you know crap like that... and i saw some stuff i like on bluecorn so i suggest privately he should post in this art forum elsewhere... shoot i thought he was being upfront... so then he posts over there where i am like someone else.. trixietrickx... heheh.. ... i mean i am me... and you guys never seem to act different just cuz of who people seem to think they are... but i digress... anyway he was really ummmm... native snobby... he told me he had been invited by someone from a native forum and that maybe i should go talk to myself and learn something... hehhee... and when i tried to explain that i had invited him and well he just stopped communicating.... i mean i don't see much difference between a nice jewish boy pretending to be an engine cartoonist... or if some fat old lakota drunk with a harpy for a wife running a con on above mentioned boys friends and family... except for one of them actually is lakota... heheheh.... so who is the least amount full of crap??  

as to the whole vision quest... don't those last as long as they last?? i mean i don't know i mean mine lasted six months and covered five states... and it wasn't like i was looking for it either

::)

Offline Synapsis

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 09:05:48 am »
P.T. Barnum said it you know... "there is one born every minute"

hummm... lots to touch on here.,... yep.. so spirits and the electricity thing... heheh....

i don't know... some use it to do what they do... but these are usually not the kinda spirits i would like want to pal around with... not that i am big on paling around with the disembodyed all that often... and there are lots of different kinds... what i kinda wonder about is well... like in germany does he understand them?? i mean if he does not speak german and they do not speak english... and maybe they are not like the helpful sort... you know those germans i don't know... they are kinda into their own kind... and well i have a huge following in berlin... but i am a cheerahonkey... heheh... they like the blond hair... and my whole other persona for outting assorted other deceivers of the people...

seriously though i just don't know how seriously i can really take anything rob from blue corn puts out there... i mean first of all he has all this native this and native that and he puts all these dark faces up there as if this is is culture and yet he is an upper-middle class jewish boy... which in itself is not really anything other then what it is... it is just the subtle deception and then the attitude you get from him when you point it out...

also with this dude... the bluecorncomics dude rob... well see i was in this one group using this one name where everyone pretty much respected me for knowing more then them... cuz they were all phoneys and i was in the process of explaining that white man brought the horse and so they could not be part of a 1000 year old horse nation and native american at the same time... you know crap like that... and i saw some stuff i like on bluecorn so i suggest privately he should post in this art forum elsewhere... shoot i thought he was being upfront... so then he posts over there where i am like someone else.. trixietrickx... heheh.. ... i mean i am me... and you guys never seem to act different just cuz of who people seem to think they are... but i digress... anyway he was really ummmm... native snobby... he told me he had been invited by someone from a native forum and that maybe i should go talk to myself and learn something... hehhee... and when i tried to explain that i had invited him and well he just stopped communicating.... i mean i don't see much difference between a nice jewish boy pretending to be an engine cartoonist... or if some fat old lakota drunk with a harpy for a wife running a con on above mentioned boys friends and family... except for one of them actually is lakota... heheheh.... so who is the least amount full of crap?? 

as to the whole vision quest... don't those last as long as they last?? i mean i don't know i mean mine lasted six months and covered five states... and it wasn't like i was looking for it either

::)

Offline merci

Lakota-ceremonial chief Harold Thompson Whitehorse ON TOUR 2010
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 08:14:09 pm »
Lakota-ceremonial chief Harold Thompson Whitehorse ON TOUR 2010

...just found this:

http://tipi.dk/uploads/file/Kursus_med_Harold_2010.pdf

http://tipi.dk/index.php?side=kalender

After his winter break Lakota-ceremonial chief "Harold Thompson Whitehorse" (Rosebud reservation) is on money tour in Europe again. He starts out with a workshop in Denmark from May 14th-16th 2010.

Program:Lecturing about Lakota spirituality and culture and conducting sweat lodge and lowanpi ceremonies, each night.
Costs: 1500,- Kronen = 275,- Dollar each person not including the "Lowanpiceremonierne" -  Lowanpi ceremonie.

A few weeks ago he did a fundraising for needy people on Rosebud. Does anybody know if he passed the money he raised on to the people? I also heard that he made a lot of money conducting sundances in Germany the last couple of years. He is said to be associated with a certain Vini Alexi Narh an Italian or Hispanic who also conducts Lakota ceremonies in Germany. Who knows more? Does anybody know more about that guy?