Author Topic: Mary Dann  (Read 9437 times)

Offline kosowith

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Mary Dann
« on: April 24, 2005, 02:29:17 am »
This may not be the correct place to post this - but I know how many people worked with the Dann sisters and therefore thought some of you might want to know this -

April 23, 2005. Crescent Valley, Nevada (Newe Sogobia). With very heavy hearts, we regret to inform you that yesterday evening, April 22, 2005, Mary Dann, Western Shoshone grandmother and life long activist passed away.  Mary was killed in an accident while working on her family's ranch. She died as she would have wanted “ with her boots on and hay in her pocket. Mary is survived by her sister, Carrie Dann, her grandchildren, her greatgrandchildren, her nieces, and nephews and her two brothers, Richard and Clifford and many, many more relatives and friends. Mary was an honorable, incredible woman who inspired people through her quiet strength and unwavering faith in the Creator.  

Mary Dann will be sorely missed but she will never be forgotten

Service arrangements are being determined by the family.

Offline kosowith

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Mary Dann
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 04:21:34 pm »
The Dann sisters and their families are truely hero's.  Their fight for their land is ongoing.  I know how deeply Mary will be missed.  Its hard to think about going to Nevada now without her there.