General > Non-Frauds

Bullshido Forums for Eastern Tradition and Martial Art Frauds

(1/5) > >>

kahtboosted:
http://www.bullshido.net/
this is not a site about spiritual frauds, but they have done similar work on occasion. They have investigated some of the fake and abusive Eastern (Asian) lineages/teachers. It is a forum mostly about martial arts, but they have looked into certain Taoist and Buddhist masters, lineages, etc (the connection here being that they often teach martial arts as at least a part of their lineage, and some teachers are rather dangerous. Some also practice medicine without licenses).

This may be useful or relevant to researchers here at NAFPS, simply because the new agers are beginning to mix eastern teachings with the bogus culture-raping 'shaman' stuff. There is already a well-known and wealthy taoist lineage now marketing a form of 'shamanism' which mixes celtic stuff with some appropriated Lakota medicine wheel stuff (taught by a known fraud). There are a few other examples I've seen of this new-age intermixing... and I'm sure we will be seeing more of it with the globalization of cross-cultural consumerism.
Such stuff is especially offensive to people with an authentic multi-cultural upbringing/background. The new age consumer mentality just has this tendency to cheapen multiple cultural traditions by making it all look 'universal' and interchangeable. For them, it isn't 'spiritual' to understand crucial things such as historical, social and cultural context, etc, so the new age sells people these offensive, simplistic, ignorant ideas about various traditions. Heck, even many anthropologists and other academics sell this same type of arrogant thinking, but thats a whole separate discussion....

[retitled thread- Al]

Epiphany:
The Bullshido forum is great, has helped with frauds like Gudni Gudnason here http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4115.msg34963#msg34963, Harley Reagan, Adrian Roman and others.

Another example of some of their relevant work: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=2853.msg24347#msg24347

AClockworkWhite:
NAFPS: New Asian Frauds and Plastic Sensei.

kahtboosted:
Piff- Good to see you guys are already using the site. And lol about the links about Native martial arts. I know of another example of a so-called 'native' martial arts school. I think they were in Canada, and they actually based all their forms on Korean martial arts, but claimed the moves were from 'Chippewa' and others. Will have to look them up, I'm sure theyll be discussed here or on bullshido, lol.

Pretendstobe1/8th- lol. To be honest, 'plastic sensei' and 'mcdojos' are a dime a dozen, cant even keep track of them. But hey, the consumerist amerikkkan parents gotta have something to keep their consumerist kids busy while they are at their consumer-culture yoga class. I'm mostly just concerned with spreading info on some of the more dangerous fake teachers, or the ones who start ripping off other cultures and mixing whatever traditions they like to claim into it.

Autumn:

--- Quote from: PretendsToBe1/8th on July 04, 2015, 06:34:20 pm ---NAFPS: New Asian Frauds and Plastic Sensei.

--- End quote ---

Good one, PTB1/8!  I had to look "sensei" up.  Plastic teachers -- there are plenty of those for sure.

I am not saying that this guy is one, but he looks sort of, well, something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version