General > Member Introductions

GeologyRocks

<< < (2/2)

geologyrocks:
eaarthw7, well then i must want a lot of people, cause i have about 22 flutes from the years i have been playing!!
I get asked to play flutes when folks need to remember something sad; or heal from something. I get asked to play when people in jewish prayer service come to a period of silence, and break the silence- sometimes i play flutes to break the silence and add a vocal flute song. for me my playing flutes (and drums, i play middle eastern and west african drums) is a form of my prayer.

Never used any of the flutes to 'court'- maybe I should have! ;)   Maybe would have had better choices!

I am just now reading An Indigenous People's History of the Unites States (by Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz). It is pretty amazing. Dense and scholarly and narrative and readable and eye opening and makes clear good sense. i think i read it recommended on this site.....thanks.

geology rocks. (it does.)

CrystalClear:
Roxanne is another fraud - posing as Cherokee (she used to claim Cheyenne), and still carries "Ortiz" from her ex-hubby, renowned Pueblo poet Simon Ortiz.

Sparks:

--- Quote from: geologyrocks on September 28, 2014, 04:24:23 am ---I am just now reading An Indigenous People's History of the Unites States (by Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz). It is pretty amazing. Dense and scholarly and narrative and readable and eye opening and makes clear good sense. i think i read it recommended on this site.....thanks.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: CrystalClear on October 23, 2020, 02:43:56 am ---Roxanne is another fraud - posing as Cherokee (she used to claim Cheyenne), and still carries "Ortiz" from her ex-hubby, renowned Pueblo poet Simon Ortiz.
--- End quote ---

My bolding. I could not find neither the book nor the author mentioned elsewhere in the forum. So I went ahead and started a new topic:

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=5492.0
[Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz & "An Indigenous People's History of the Unites States"]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version