Odds and Ends > Computer Issues

unable to post reply

(1/2) > >>

shkaakwus:
I've tried a dozen times to post my reply, on the Walam Olum thread, at Research Needed, but everytime I hit "post," I get this message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /smf/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.41 Server at newagefraud.org Port 80

And, yet, it allows me to post this!!!  What's up????

Moma_porcupine:
Thats been happening to a few people when they try and post the header of an email or PM it. If your post includes an email header try removing it.

shkaakwus:
Thanks, but that's not it.  (No e-mail header in it.)  I posted all my replies the same way--wrote them as an e-mail message and sent them to my e-mail box; then copied and pasted as replies.  Now, that doesn't work. 

educatedindian:
Sometimes I will have problems posting in one thread if I've posted in it quite a bit. The problem ends in a few days. I have no idea why. In any case, the message you posted at the start of this thread is now also in the Red Record thread. Maybe it's fixed itself.

shkaakwus:
Thanks, again, but I posted this on the Red Record thread, first.  When nobody responded, I thought to post it here.  I'll just wait, I guess. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version