General > Frauds

Jose Arnaldo Rivera & Laralyn Davis AKA Joseph & Laralyn Riverwind

<< < (2/19) > >>

Creative Native:
Here is where I got that about eagle feathers on his blessed blend site.

What is a Blessed Blend?

Through the interaction between the newly immigrated Scots and Irish and the First Nations people of Turtle Island(The Americas)
There came the realization that there were many shared commonalities between both nations of people.

- We both have a historic warrior culture

- A clan system

- Chiefs resplendant with the wearing of eagle feathers

- Painting our faces for battle

- Fierce defenders of our homeland and families

- We both survived an attempt to wipe us out as a people and as a culture

Through our music we share a deep love for the drum, flutes, dance, language, culture and stories passed down from ancient times. When the Scots and Irish immigrated into these Appalachian mountain lands they found a kindred people. During the 17th century the Scots coined the term "Blessed Blend" to describe the marriage union between a Celt and a Native. The same term was applied to the children who were born of thess unions; carrying in their bloodlines the beauty of both indigneous worlds.

Are you a Blessed Blend?

Cetan:
The feathers on the flute in the picture on the website are macaw feathers - no permit required since macaws are commonly kept pets.

frederica:
Okay, thanks  Cetan, I thought they were a little too bright for Eagle.  I think he is just comparing "Irish" past to NDN as far as possible similarities.  I believe I've heard that somewhere before. But never heard anyone call the mix "a blessed blend". But I guess you have to be Irish to do that.  The only thing I see maybe red flags on are his change of Tribal affilation,

Creative Native:
These are the feathers I was talking about and they sure aren't macaws. ;-)

It is on this page. http://www.theblessedblend.com/photo_gallery.htm

frederica:
If you think they are real, you can always report this to the Wildlife people.  I can't tell from a photo as I have seen some pretty close copies people buy from places like Crazy Crow and the like. You see them in person, you can tell they are painted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version