General > Frauds

Jose Arnaldo Rivera & Laralyn Davis AKA Joseph & Laralyn Riverwind

<< < (3/19) > >>

Defend the Sacred:

--- Quote from: Creative Native on August 05, 2008, 07:20:56 am ---During the 17th century the Scots coined the term "Blessed Blend" to describe the marriage union between a Celt and a Native.
--- End quote ---

Really? Never heard it myself. And 17th century? There were enough Scottish people in America in the 1600s who were (consensually?) inter-marrying with Eastern Woodland tribes to have a term coined for it? And a term that none of my family, friends or relatives from Scottish/Cherokee and other related heritage have heard of it?   

A lot of the "Mighty Gaels were the same as Indians" stuff is based on Hollywood stereotypes of both cultures. Racist "Last of the Mohicans" fiction. Yes, the ancient Irish and Scottish cultures, being warrior cultures and (in the pre-Christian era) animistic, have some striking similarities to some of the cultures of the Americas. But those are the sorts of things you find in most warrior/animistic cultures, and not really the stuff he lists there.

I don't know, it sounds more like the superficial lumpings people do when they want to do a salad-bar neo-religious approach. It sounds predominantly Christian, and they may be nice enough people, but they don't seem to know much about history or the issues in the Modern Celtic Nations. I did get a laugh out of how, on their MySpace page, they said one of the Celtic Nations is called... "Cromwell."

Those who know Irish history can either laugh, cry, or roll over in their graves at the egregious nature of that one.

Barnaby_McEwan:

--- Quote from: Creative Native on August 05, 2008, 04:23:31 pm ---These are the feathers I was talking about and they sure aren't macaws. ;-) ...

...It is on this page. http://www.theblessedblend.com/photo_gallery.htm

--- End quote ---

Oh my, look at that. Old 'stormcrow' there really ought to know that if he wants to look properly Scottish he could just wear an Old Firm shirt. They're not difficult to get hold of. Only a particularly daft hippie would dress like an extra from Braveheart to express his Celtic pride.

Kevin:
Old stormcrow - HA HA.

Creative Native:
LoL

Am I wrong or does the old guy have sundance scars?

ndnoutlaw:
Ive met this guy and his wife. They are pretty straight up people who are really sincere. I met them at a highland games and Ive never heard him make claims of anything other than Taino with some Galician ancestry. They arent new agey at all and are pretty outspoken about native spirituality being taken advantage of by new agers.

I think the Cromwell is a mistake, which any of us could make. I do know that the old guy is from Glasgow Scotland and was part of a Scottish tribal band called clann an drumma.  http://www.clannandrumma.com/ Matter of fact he WAS an extra in the braveheart movie-lol. He was also in the New World movie with a minor speaking part.

Maybe you should just call them and find out. I noticed that both the sites you put up have their phone numbers on them. Go right to the source instead of trying to pull second hand information from other people. Just my two cents.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version