General > Member Introductions

Fulbright Scholar and Published Historian

<< < (4/5) > >>

A.H.:
Congratulations on the book and Fulbright - respect!

And while you're in Sulawesi/Indonesia don't be shy to "appropriate" / enjoy their rich traditional music of multi-ethnic and multi-cultural origin... It is almost avant-garde contemporary in its sound and style.

C_from_Wpg:
Congratulations and thanks for all the work you have done on this site.
You are a courageous person.

I will look for your book in the local book store.  I have an uncle who is a veteran and
I'm sure he would like to read it -  if I find it, I'll buy two!

nighthawk:
- removed by author -

educatedindian:
Hello from Makassar Indonesia everyone. I'm finally back to having regular net access again and will try to get back to being a regular contributor again. Was travelling quite a bit, San Antonio to Singapore to Jogja (Jogyakarta) and finally to Makassar, where I'm teaching at Hasanuddin University or Unhas as everyone calls it. They have me as a regular lecturer in both the History and English departments, plus a whole bunch of guest lecturing and advising and mentoring Indonesian students who'll be coming to the US as Fulbright Scholars. I'm especially hoping to see how many Torajas (the local tribe) I can help find and send over to study.

It'll take me awhile to catch up so anyone whose emailed me please be patient. I also might start a blog about teaching over here.

shining_path:
DR. CARROLL, I NEVER HEARD OF YOU UNTIL I WAS REFERRED TO THIS SITE. IN ANY EVENT, WHAT ARE DOING TEACHING IN INDONESIA WHEN THERE ARE SO MANY INDIAN SCHOOLS IN THE U.S. THAT NEED QUALIFIED TEACHERS HERE AND NOW?

YOU SHOULD BE TEACHING NATIVE STUDENTS HERE IN AMERICA.
Barnaby's note. This dweeb is now banned. It's probably John 'Never Airborne' Martin again. If that's you John, and if you're really concerned about lack of teachers in Indian schools, why don't you train as one? Oh, you don't know how to turn off your caps lock. Probably not worth applying.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version