Odds and Ends > Computer Issues

email addresses

(1/2) > >>

Kaylee:
In my preferences, I asked that my email address not be made public, but it shows up in my profile.  Is this just because the computer recognizes me as the owner of the profile or is something broken and my email address is visible?

Moma_porcupine:
Hi Kaylee and welcome

I can't see your email , but I can see mine , which is also supposed to be hidden.
I was also concerned , but Forum Adm. told me mine IS hidden , to all but me. I can see my email , but no one else can . So not to worry .

I tried to send you a private message but it says it can't find a member Kaylee , even though I go to your profile and click on the "send this member  a private message" link... so something isn't working right , but it isn't that your email is showing ...

:)

Barnaby_McEwan:
Moma_P is correct, Kaylee. Only the forum administrators can see your email address.

Kaylee2:
Thanks everyone.  BTW, Kaylee2 is still me.  I just tried to make the computer say I was at a false email last night and it turns out its waiting to hear back from me at the new address.  Haha on me!  Coming back as a new person seemed to be the only way to solve the issue.

Kaylee

Barnaby_McEwan:
That false email address is in use by spammers, Kaylee. I've reverted the changes you made to your original account's details and deleted the new one to avoid confusion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version