Author Topic: Re: Kiesha Crowther - "Little Grandmother"  (Read 1241424 times)

Autumn

Re: Kiesha Crowther - "Little Grandmother"
« Reply #1185 on: April 13, 2013, 12:53:47 am »
Ah, China!  The land of milk and honey.  But, wait, they do not have the "vortex of golden energy" -- but if enough people buy crystals blessed by LG, there possibly may be a chance!  Yes!  Yes!

Litsehimmel, I have heard LG mention a number of times that the Princess of Holland helped her pick the spot to plant her crystal and also that the princess, along with other wisdom keepers, healers and a Mayan friend *cough*, were present in person when LG planted the crystal at the crossing of two ley lines (energy lines criss-crossing the earth).  I am assuming this is Princess Irene, sister of the current queen, Queen Beatrix (who will leave office 4/30/13 in favor of her son).  Do you have any information on that?  I know that Princess Irene is interested in environmental matters:  http://www.natuurcollege.nl/board -- but it is sort of hard to swallow that she would fall for LG's baloney.  Very sad if she did.

Offline Litsehimmel

« Reply #1186 on: April 13, 2013, 01:32:24 pm »
Hi Autumn,

I also found several references to Kiesha meeting with the princess (who is indeed a staunch environmentalist and spiritual) but the one article where is states that one would be able to 'personally meet the princess' has been removed from the website.

Seeing how the royal family has had many problems in the past resulting from the 'spiritual inclinations' of former queen Juliana (Irene's mother) I think they strenuously adviced the princess to blow the whole thing off. Kiesha does infer that she consults with the princess (which may be true) but as far as I can gather there has not been any public meeting between the two.

LH

Autumn

« Reply #1187 on: April 13, 2013, 04:47:10 pm »
Hi Autumn,

I also found several references to Kiesha meeting with the princess (who is indeed a staunch environmentalist and spiritual) but the one article where is states that one would be able to 'personally meet the princess' has been removed from the website.

Seeing how the royal family has had many problems in the past resulting from the 'spiritual inclinations' of former queen Juliana (Irene's mother) I think they strenuously adviced the princess to blow the whole thing off. Kiesha does infer that she consults with the princess (which may be true) but as far as I can gather there has not been any public meeting between the two.

LH

Thank you, Litsehimmel.  Yes, LG has talked repeatedly about her consultations with the princess and if they are meeting maybe it is not in public, but in private (or not at all).  It appears to me to be just another example of LG's "dropping names" to make herself look more important. 

Here is another question I had about her.  She has talked about her trip to Egypt to the pyramids at Giza last summer (2012).  She said that during their private ceremony inside the pyramids with a crystal, there was a tremendous rumbling sound like an airplane engine taking off and the crystal started spinning around the room with lots of rainbow colors displayed.  After the ceremony, the pyramid they were inside glowed and after they left, she got a report that the glowing spread to the other two pyramids so that all three were glowing.  She claimed that they had "activated" the energies of the pyramids and that those energies were spreading now.  Hurrah!  I have searched and searched online and I cannot find any reports of the pyramids suddenly starting to glow.  You would think that would be newsworthy, wouldn't you?  Also, I cannot find any reports online of the other participants of the trip writing about their amazing experience while with her.  Maybe they were just so stunned, they are speechless, but you would think that they would go home and write about such an amazing experience.  She also said that the pyramids were not tombs -- that no mummy had ever been discovered inside a pyramid -- but that the pyramids were energy producing machines.  Have you heard any stories about this, LH?

There is a devotee of LG who was at the Crystal Ceremony.  He helped LG carry the crystal during the Crystal Ceremony (poor thing, she was trying to hold it up in the air the whole time, so she could carry it around the room so that the over-1,000 participants could send their positive thoughts and prayers to it, and it was so, so heavy) and he also was with LG on her trip to Egypt in 2011 (not when the pyramids glowed, however).  For some reason, she has not posted any photos on her website of her 2012 Egypt trip.  On her 2011 trip, there were around 30 people.  I am not sure how many were involved in 2012.  It was a very expensive trip, over $5,000.  In the photo, the man in question is in the center top with the white tee shirt on.  Do you know anything about him?

Also, Litsehimmel, do you know anything about LG's "wife Joyce" who she mentioned in her newsletter of December 2011?  http://lightworkers.org/wisdom/little-grandmother/147732/little-grandmothers-december-newsletter  Is this the same Joyce Brown mentioned in a prior post I had made from the IBBO school when they mentioned LG's "partner Joyce Brown".  I wonder if she was abused as a child also.  I noticed that at the end of the Crystal Ceremony video, they listed a Joyce DeBruin as LG's manager, but I don't think they are the same person at all.  Joyce DeBruin appears to be a common name in Holland, because several people come up in a Google search.

Yes, she certainly has found her "pot of gold" (or crystal, or not) in Holland! 

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: Re: Kiesha Crowther - "Little Grandmother"
« Reply #1188 on: April 13, 2013, 08:23:50 pm »
Kiesha does infer that she consults with the princess

In her psycho head, like all the other people and spirits she thinks are talking to her.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1189 on: April 13, 2013, 08:27:00 pm »
So Kiesha broke up with the woman who was handling much of her business here (writing her emails and web posts for her, because Kiesha can barely write a coherent sentence on her own) and has a new girlfriend/wife who is doing the same job?  We have pictures and background somewhere in this thread about the previous partner. This is the first I've heard of the new one.

I wonder what's become of the ex-girlfriend. Maybe she dumped Kiesha when the lies became too hard to sustain.

Epiphany

« Reply #1190 on: April 13, 2013, 08:56:30 pm »
So Kiesha broke up with the woman who was handling much of her business here (writing her emails and web posts for her, because Kiesha can barely write a coherent sentence on her own) and has a new girlfriend/wife who is doing the same job?  We have pictures and background somewhere in this thread about the previous partner. This is the first I've heard of the new one.

I wonder what's become of the ex-girlfriend. Maybe she dumped Kiesha when the lies became too hard to sustain.

Looks like the name of prior manager/wife is Jennifer Ferraro. Anyone know if this is the same Jennifer Ferraro?

http://www.jenniferferraro.com/

Now I see that it is the same woman:

She is the editor of Little Grandmother's (Kiesha Crowther) new book Message for the Tribe of Many Colors (release date August 2011)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 08:58:26 pm by Epiphany »

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1191 on: April 13, 2013, 09:47:04 pm »
Yes, many of us received hostile, threatening emails from the oh-so-spiritual Jennifer.

Autumn

« Reply #1192 on: April 14, 2013, 01:33:26 am »

I think it is far more likely that she was the one thinking up the stories that Kiesha was acting out, or at least participated in creating them.  Yes, there were or are many emails and messages online from beautyawakens.  Here is Jennifer's website:  http://www.jenniferferraro.com/index.html 

Oops!  I see you have already posted it Epiphany.  She probably helped LG write the book (or wrote most of it herself) and then they broke up.  That will be an interesting story if Jennifer ever decides to talk (or a lawsuit).
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 01:44:31 am by Autumn »

Autumn

« Reply #1193 on: April 14, 2013, 02:45:25 am »
Here is the timeline:

July 10, 2011, Jennifer writes on her blog of "losing a beloved."  http://jenniferferraro.com/blog/?p=46

Learning from Orpheus
Posted in Beauty and the Wound on July 10th, 2011

I have been thinking lately of Orpheus, the legendary poet/singer in Greek myth who descended to the underworld to bring back his beloved wife, Eurydice, from death.  He is a guide and bears a secret for all those facing the void of meaning that comes from losing a beloved, the emptiness of grief. Orpheus is my guide somehow through the grief that I have been experiencing as of late.

August 8, 2011 - The Tribe of Many Colors is published.** 

October 4-16, 2011 - LG's Egypt trip, along with her "wife Joyce".

**Correction**  "Message for the Tribe of Many Colors"

« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 03:50:08 pm by Autumn »

Epiphany

« Reply #1194 on: April 14, 2013, 03:51:04 am »
http://www.earthmotherpublishing.com/index.html

Wonder how Ferraro and KC have their finances sorted out now for sales of this book.

earthmotherpublishing.com is Ferraro's site, Santa Fe NM.

I also wonder if KC owes $ to the IRS here in the USA.

Offline MattOKC

« Reply #1195 on: April 14, 2013, 04:57:18 am »
I was quite interested in the .pdf of her response to this site. I have some thoughts.

First, I found it bizarre that the statement is written about her in the third person, and then signed off BY her. It makes the text sound like a testimonial from someone who knows and is vouching for her, until you find out at the end that she wrote it all about herself, kind of like when self-published authors go write their own book reviews on Amazon.

One thing I need to say that should be a fundamental understanding, is that NO elder or holy person carries any authority that isn't vested in them by their community. In other words, no elder/holy person functions in seclusion, unknown to his/her tribal people, or in secret. In authentic Native traditions, you can ask anyone in the community, "Is so-and-so a medicine man/healer/holy person?" and pretty much anyone will know. These folks aren't a covert priesthood, working in the underground. Tribes know full-well who their own cultural leaders are. I would never claim to be a ceremonial authority, leader, or elder because frankly I know I don't have that sanction by my community. I accept that, and am happy to be a "common man" without having to puff up as some mystical prophet and stuff.

Having said that, I feel very uncomfortable with Kiesha's attempt to settle her bona fides. Her bio is chock full of the opposite of what I've described: secret alliances made with incognito shamans who work secretly, unverifiably, and who are even unknown to their own people. That is antithetical to ANY Native people, although it's effective at impressing the "secret knowledge-craving" new-agers. The whole "secret discipleship" trope sells like hotcakes to new-agers.

For example, she claims to have been ordained by shamans such as "Falling Feather," a name that no traditional Sioux friends of mine have EVER heard (and I have many, all the way up through the current traditional chief families. I asked them). The only "Falling Feather" that Google knows is a dog breeding farm, which I doubt is the place where Kiesha received her special knowledge, but I'm not going to speculate further. There was, at one time, a "Falling Feather Creations" shaman website, but it was just a shop that sold trinkets and terrible drums and chicken feather smudge fans and stuff, and now they're gone.

She writes a section to address, "Is Kiesha really Native?" and then carefully avoids answering that question. The closest she comes is, "My family still lives on a reservation, but I won't tell you who they are." Really? Because on a lot of reservations, white people outnumber Indians! "Living on a reservation" is absolutely not a meaningful suggestion of Indianness. Furthermore, no person who "grew up away from the tribe" would ever be made a shaman. Holy leadership instruction is lifelong and sanctioned by the community. It's not a secret rite of passage comprised of mystical tutelage the way white people fantasize, like when Bruce Wayne went to Tibet to learn from the League of Shadows before becoming Batman. Which is pretty freaking sweet if you're a ninja-trained superhero, but not so much if you want to claim prophetic shamanic authority derived from a living people whose traditions you've simply bullshitted.

No real Indian I've ever met buys into that "tribe of many colors" thing. So when Kiesha answers the "Are you really Native?" question with "I'm a member of the tribe of many colors," that's just a fancier way to say "Nope!" Which reminds me: my goal in the next year or two is to write the WORST new-age "Native shaman" book I possibly can, peddle it for a year to the Sedona/Kiesha types, and then come out as a happy fraud and donate all the money to NARF. I'll be sure to use the term "tribe of many colors," because that's just too comically cheesy to pass up.

I suppose it might impress white people to say that she went through the inipi ceremony. But that's not an initiation into ANYTHING. White people by the thousands are invited into the sweatlodge all the time, and fortunately most simply feel appreciative, and don't go home afterward feeling authorized to proclaim themselves the new uber-shaman of the tribe! Heck, I went to church with a Methodist once, but I'm not going to go around making up stupid stuff and claiming it's "Methodist traditions that I was taught in their ceremony." Or was it Lutheran? Oh, what the hell; if Flatheads can sell inipis, Methodists and Lutherans are interchangeable too.

And by the way, why DOES every wannabe latch on to Sioux words for everything? Is she Flathead or Sioux? Or do newagers think EVERY tribe calls their sweatlodge an "inipi" and say "Mitakuye Oyasin" after any utterance?

The elder who shamanized her is named Brave Heart? REALLY??

The entire sentence "She was initiated into shamanism in the Native American tradition..." is just so self-destroyingly faulty it's laughable, as Shamanism is NOT a "Native American tradition." It's Siberian. I was initiated into Scientology in the Southern Baptist tradition. See? It's as dumb as saying that going to a rap concert where there are black people means you've been initiated into African folk ceremonies. It's not just racist, it's so racist it freaking HURTS.

I give her credit for clarifying that she does not represent any tribe in what she does. But she has to realize that she gives off exactly that appearance when she constantly grabs Sioux words and cites Sioux elders (mythical though they may be) to conduct her Sioux ceremonies. But on the other hand, which is it? Have these Sioux elders initiated her according to tradition in their Native shamanic ways, or is she not their designated acolyte as she works so hard to imply?

It's easy to answer the question, "Who recognizes her as a Shaman?" when you can just cite made-up names of made-up people as her vouchsafes.
Incidentally, you know who recognizes ME as the smartest, most talented, sexiest man alive? Well, there's this one girl, Shawna Little Feather, and um, Starfox Cinnamon Medicine, and Persephone Eagle Thong...but they're all secret people and you can't meet them or look them up or find anyone else who knows them.
It's like the old "I do TOO have a girlfriend! but she lives in...um, Canada!" routine. So Kiesha is vouching for herself by referencing the names of people who vouch for her, even though these are names of people nobody else knows. It's very bizarre to prop up your credibility by invoking references that are so fictionalized, they actually reinforce the doubts you're trying to refute in the first place.

I enjoyed her rambling list of neo-Native sects who accept her. "Three Bears, Sister Wolf, the Cherokee, and Cheyenne individuals, (not the entire Nation of specific tribes, as well as Grandfather Kimmey of the Hopi, the Sami grandmother, the Aboriginal people, the Waitaha, the Maori, the Maya, the Zulu, and including the lamas of Nepal and Tibet..."
I think she forgot "Grandmother Willow" and "The Na'vi of Pandora" and "the Ewoks" and "The lightbearers of Melchizedek's order of Metatron" and whatnot.

When you have to pleadingly reassure people that your council of elders really, honestly, cross my heart, "does exist," you've already strayed from anything remotely familiar to Native traditions. Not even a trail of confetti from a shredded Brooke Medicine Eagle book can lead you back. Furthermore, no true "shaman" would regard any person as a "lower quality of being" for any reason, let alone because they have disputed your claims. How can you tell if someone is thoroughly contrary to any Native religious tradition? For starters, they rank life into a hierarchy of the approval-worthy versus "low quality group of beings." Only colonizers do that.

Also, Adam Yellowbird is a Sedona nuager. Citing him as a reference for your authenticity is like Sarah Palin citing praise by Michele Bachman to prove someone else thinks she's smart. Citing Adam Yellow Bird for credibility is like bragging that your mom won mercury thermometer-eating contests when she was pregnant with you. Citing Adam Yellow Bird for credibility is like getting a Kardashian to vouch that you're down-to-earth. It's like getting Vanilla Ice to assure people you have real street cred. It's like getting Johnny Depp to authenticate how Comanche you are.

Last but not least, any epistle that ends with the term "love vibration" is either a stale new-age cliche-riddled bit of claptrap, or a new Kei$ha song.

Aho! I have spoken, and mitakuye oyasin, and whatnot...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 05:02:39 am by MattOKC »

Offline ShadowDancer

« Reply #1196 on: April 14, 2013, 01:30:20 pm »
I was quite interested in the .pdf of her response to this site. I have some thoughts.

I just want to say thank you for the smile on my face as I sip my coffee this morning.  I absolutely love all the analogies you have used. 

If anyone who comes here seeking info on Keisha's bona fides doesn't grasp the reality of her false claims after reading what you have written they should be ashamed.  I don't think it possible to come up with any more ways of saying she is a fake.

Epiphany

« Reply #1197 on: April 14, 2013, 03:45:06 pm »
"there was an elk herd that I used to sleep with at night" (about 2:42 on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCGwDMgW3dc )

Before this point in video is Jennifer Ferraro's sales pitch, especially interesting now that Jennifer and Kiesha are no longer partners.

Autumn found this blog post from Jennifer about "losing a beloved" http://jenniferferraro.com/blog/?p=46 and Jennifer's word choices are worthy of note:

When one loses one’s beloved, whether to death or betrayal or simple everyday abandonment and change—

Sounds like this might have been betrayal. Hopefully Jennifer and others speak out soon about the fraud that is Kiesha.

Even if they helped create the fraud, they can now be whistle blowers.

Autumn

« Reply #1198 on: April 14, 2013, 03:55:35 pm »

I just want to say thank you for the smile on my face as I sip my coffee this morning.  I absolutely love all the analogies you have used. 

If anyone who comes here seeking info on Keisha's bona fides doesn't grasp the reality of her false claims after reading what you have written they should be ashamed.  I don't think it possible to come up with any more ways of saying she is a fake.

Yes, I agree.  It was hilarious.  I loved the Sarah Palin / Michele Bachmann analogy -- two pea's in a pod.

Not sure what .pdf you are referring to.  Was it in an earlier post?  (She has changed her story so much, she may not agree with that being her story -- now -- as if that would matter.)

Autumn

« Reply #1199 on: April 14, 2013, 04:06:05 pm »
"there was an elk herd that I used to sleep with at night" (about 2:42 on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCGwDMgW3dc )

;D ;D ;D So funny!  Sleeping with the elk herds.  Where was her mom when she was sleeping out in the fields, forests and along the river banks at night?  Not an example of "ideal parenting skills".  Don't you think you would want to know where your child was at night?  I haven't read her book (wouldn't waste my money on it), but if I recall right from what I have read online, it was her dad who did the abusing (at least that is what she said).