Author Topic: Suraj Holzwarth aka White Eagle Medicine Woman  (Read 615143 times)

frederica

Re: Suraj Holzwarth aka White Eagle Medicine Woman
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 03:51:41 am »
In one of her old bios, her Seneca heritage amounted to her having a dream that she was, as they never heard of her, but that was a few years ago.

Offline wolfhawaii

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 07:19:43 am »
In addition to all the other quackery and weirdness, that thing with the guy's blood and putting it on the drum was just way beyond wrong! And that was a report from a supporter!

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 08:06:49 am »
Right, so "we" have to concentrate on "peace" but Holzwarth gets to swan around with her drum and her entourage insulting indigenous people by charging for performances like this. When it all kicks off, none if it is her fault. No, it's the fault of those other, bad, white people who used to oppress Indians.

Besides she's a victim too, so she can do whatever she damn well likes and doesn't have to listen to the people who challenge her - though she may choose to once they've been suitably pepper-sprayed and restrained.

In addition to all the other quackery and weirdness, that thing with the guy's blood and putting it on the drum was just way beyond wrong! And that was a report from a supporter!

She was healing you and your pain. Don't be so ungrateful!

How can we support the people who were arrested?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 09:08:44 am by Barnaby_McEwan »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 12:56:42 pm »
Two more things stood out.

Holzwarth decided to smear these protesters by the old stereptype of "drunken Indians."

And she described herself as white when she said "It's not about us. The Indians are not mad at us."

The whole thing with the blood, that's acting downright loony tune. Thanks Holzwarth, I'm sure it freaked the hell out of the kids there too.

Like Barnaby we need to support the protesters? Is there anyone in the area who can find out what they were charged with?

And why were there cops at a "peace ceremony"? It's more likely she knowingly hired off duty cops as security, knowing she'd face protests. So she's responsible for this happening.

Also, why was her garbage mock-ceremony held at a public middle school? Likely some naive principal who didn't know any better.

I'm glad that some people wrote in the comments section, but we should also write to the reporter, who was too lazy to even talk to the protesters.

Ed Baker is the reporter's name. No email listed for him, perhaps a freelancer.

Editor is Cathy Conley. Her email is weymouth @ cnc.com

That same address is also for Letters to the Editor. Please repost anything you send here as well, whether they publish it or not.

Offline Tsisqua

• Native American Unity ~ NAU
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 02:09:34 pm »
She noticed that his blood was on the floor. I watched her put her right hand down on the hard wooden floor, wet with his blood, and then deliberately rub her right hand around on the little red puddle. Then she paused and rubbed both hands together. She went to the drum and rubbed the blood off her hands and onto the drum skin. Her actions were eerily calm, slow and deliberate, in great contrast to the commotion and noise around us. She was not speaking.

Holay Smokes!!! What is WRONG with this woman!!

Does anyone know where she is next? We have many people who are outraged...and wish to speak with this woman! Many people who wish to protest and put an end to her disrespect of our people.

She HAS no right to conduct our ceremony! She HAS no right to charge for ceremony! This woman needs to be stopped! She seems to think she is above all others...taking what she wants from our people and mixing it up to suit her own personal needs....its disgusting!

We at NAU will write to this Editor...and we will inform you here of any response....we shall also post our initial mail. I am currently writing from my laptop in hospital....but shall be back at my office within a few days...what else can we do??

Added on:

April 13, 2008 Newtown, Pennsylvania

GrandMother Drum Prayerformance 10am-1pm.

April 20, 2008- Walter Reed Military Hospital, Washington DC Private Community Healing Ceremony

April 25, 2008- Rocky River, Ohio
GrandMother Drum Prayerformance

April 26-27, 2008-Rocky River, Ohio
Shamanic Sound Healing and the Power of the Drum

May 1, 2008 - Worldwide
Grandmother Drum: Awakening the Global Heart Film Premiere on Global Love Day Worldwide!

May 2, 2008- Oakland County, Michigan

May 3-4, 2008- Oxford, Michigan
Shamanic Sound Healing and the Power of the Drum with Community "Mother Drum" Initiation Ceremony

May 11, 2008-Bowling Green, Ohio
Mother Day Healing Waters Ceremony

May 23, 2008- Fort Worth, Texas

My apologies...I just noticed this posting
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 02:15:02 pm by Tsisqua »
There are no leaders in Unity

Offline Tsisqua

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 02:38:37 pm »
I have just posted a Protest request to all our NAU members...plus I have asked that they also contact the editor mentioned regarding this garbage. With over 19,000 members....lets hope a large body of people protesting all this womans upcoming venues will be sufficient in slowing down her down some....if not stopping her in her tracks.

I have also posted the same on MySpace...and will post and forward to any other Native body of people I can find. I suggest we all do the same!

Added on:
An email response we just received:

Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:18:43 EDT
Subject: Re: White Eagle Medicine Woman Strikes Again....Smears Blood On The Drum!!
To: NativeAmericanUnity_Office@yahoo.com

I wrote to them!

I asked them what nation is the woman who paints on the drums and what nation is Suraj Holzwarth, aka Medicine Eagle Woman and who gave her that name..

That funky ass owl face n feathers is horrific.. i put a comment on aol you tube that if she isnt enrolled she will be looking at a 5grand a feather fine and prison time, i still think that is what the fine is isnt it??

In The spirit of Crazy Horse,
Wesainadv/kat

Also here are a few phone numbers of her next venues:

April 13, 2008 Newtown, Pennsylvania
GrandMother Drum Prayerformance 10am-1pm.
Grandmother Drum Prayerformance
Sunday, April 13, 10am-1pm $30
Newtown Theater, 120 N. State Street, Newtown PA 18940 (215) 968-3859

April 20, 2008- Walter Reed Military Hospital, Washington DC Private Community Healing Ceremony
6900 Georgia Avenue NW, Washington DC 20307
(202) 782-7761, 1(800) 433-3574 (202) 782-3501

April 25, 2008- Rocky River, Ohio
Recreation Department - 21018 Hilliard Blvd.
The Mayor's Office can provide more detailed information if
required at (440) 331-0600 between 8:30 am - 4:30pm

Perhaps we can contact local radio stations?

May 2, 2008- Oakland County, Michigan

May 3-4, 2008- Oxford, Michigan
Shamanic Sound Healing and the Power of the Drum with Community "Mother Drum" Initiation Ceremony
WQUS 103.1FM
http://www.us103.com/

May 11, 2008-Bowling Green, Ohio
Mother Day Healing Waters Ceremony
WBGU 88.1 FM
419-372-8657

Another email we have received:

Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:06:07 EDT
Subject: Re: Whirling Rainbow
To: narmc.webmaster@na.amedd.army.mil
CC: NativeAmericanUnity_Office@yahoo.com, American_Indian_Injustice@yahoogroups.com

O'siyo dekanogi ulogilv daquado tsalagi (Hello, I am Singing Cloud, Cherokee)

I come before you in humble respect to ask hearing, it has come to attention of the Nations one who call herself "White Eagle" of the Whirling Rainbow will be holding "ceremony" at you place/hospital.

She and her following are not "real" but are "charging" for something they have no right to sell. I ask please that you contact the Seneca Nation before you do this terrible thing.

You see, truth is this, our "Medicine People, Healers, and Elders, DO NOT charge, that is the FIRST thing to raise a red flag of truth or not, there are 500+ Nations, most would be willing to do the REAL Healing Ceremonies you seek, for the LOVE, respect, and honor of our Warriors, no matter Race, or Creed!

If you wish to contact a Nation, and do not know how please, please I ask you most humbly contact

NativeAmericanUnity_Office@yahoo.com

speak with Matty Yellowbird, or Tsisqua

in humble respect I ask you to consider how would you feel if others were making fun of, or doing Christian Ceremony only to those who "pay", without the consent of the Churches they were "claiming" they were "members of"then putting the money in they own bank account and the poorest of Christians in great need, but ignored by those collecting this money?

Many blessings

Granny

Seneca Nation :CONTACT

info@sni.org ,
charlene.jimerson@sni.org ,
kelly.lewis@sni.org

Our Own Email:

Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:34:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Native_American_ Unity" <nativeamericanunity_office@yahoo.com> 
Subject: Re: Whirling Rainbow
To: wredgranny814@aol.com, narmc.webmaster@na.amedd.army.mil
CC: NativeAmericanUnity_Office@yahoo.com, American_Indian_Injustice@yahoogroups.com

We at NAU urge you to cancel this womans 'ceremony' and seek cermony with 'real' Native American people.

Ceremony is NOT charged for, nor has it EVER been, therefore, this woman is 'stealing' your money, making a mockery of our people in the process, taking what she wishes from our ceremony, to fill her pocketbook.

This woman is WHITE, she claims to have been given a dream telling her she is Seneca, yet her teachings are adapted from the Dine' and Hopi people, plus others, not to mention the fact that she throws in New Age Crystal skulls, which are incased in her drum etc.

Please reconsider allowing this woman to give this ceremony, there is still time to cancel and find a replacement. If you wish to do this, perhaps we can help you to find a real traditional ceremony for your people there.

This woman has been under investigation for a very long time, she is a fake, a fraud, she is disrespectful to our people, and she will continue to make money from the sale of our ceremony for as long as there are un-informed people willing to pay her!

If we can help you, please do not hesitate to ask.

We are in the process of contacting a large body of Native Protesters, Native Media Coverage and many Native American RIghts groups to attend all of this womans 'ceremonial days'. We as a body of Native people, will do all in our power to put a stop to such disrespect of our ways.

With Respect,

Matty J Yellowboy

NAU ~ Native American Unity
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 05:37:33 pm by Tsisqua »

Offline Cat

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008, 05:26:55 pm »
Hi everyone - I should have included this last night... this is the link from the supporters blog I posted...on it under comments... Deetz (one of those arrested) posts...so I am assuming someone can contact him through there....to find out about charges.. Tsisqua - we are posting it on myspace also and sending to other groups as well.... I also think that Ohio got cancelled.....

http://jayfulton.wordpress.com/2008/04/06/grandmother_peace_drum_and_pepper-spray/

Also on one of the posts on Jays site there is a woman who has alot of info on Suraj.... pretty interesting.

Cat

Offline Tsisqua

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2008, 05:52:28 pm »
Thank you for posting it...Ive posted a request for Deetz to contact me

Added on:

I have just received this email from the wife of Deetz...who was also a protester.

To: NativeAmericanUnity_Office@yahoo.com
Subject: grandfraud drum
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 19:37:54 -0400

Hello I was just checking over the Jay Fulton blog about the grandmother drum incident and saw your invite for Hartman to contact you. I'm his wife Melanie, another one of the arrested individuals. I'm honored by all of the things said on this blog by our folks. It's so great to have Indn people, who you've never met, express the same  exact thoughts as you. Well i was just checking in. If there is any info i can supply, let me know and any from you would be really appreciated. Hartman is out until tomorrow afternoon sometime but I'll let him know to also contact you. This phony *#%*&#$% must be stopped. 

Kutaputunumuw Neetopaak
                                                                                                                            Melanie Deetz

I have responded....

Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 16:55:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Native_American_ Unity" <nativeamericanunity_office@yahoo.com> 
Subject: Re: grandfraud drum
To: "melanie roderick" <melanie.roderick@gmail.com>

You have our total 100% agreement and support. We at NAU ~ Native American Unity are a body of 19,634 Native People...and we are in the process of having as many of this 'womans' ceremonies cancelled as possible...the ones we cannot 'persuade' the venue holders to cancel...we shall attend in protest with Native media coverage...until this woman is stopped!

Anything we can do for you...and your group who protested this 'woman'...please let us know....you also have the support of AII ~ American Indian Injustice...NAFPS ~ New Age Frauds and Plastic Shaman..and many other groups.

We have a few questions if possible...what were the charges made? Is there anything we can do to support you in this?

With much respect,

Tsisqua (NAU ~ Native American Unity)

I pray many here will too offer their support to the protesters...we are in the process of bombarding all venues with calls...and emails.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 12:00:45 am by Tsisqua »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2008, 12:46:54 am »
It's great to see how the protests against Holzwarth are taking off, with some of her events getting cancelled. I'm reposting some of what's on the Jay Fulton blog because there's a lot of good information. Keep in mind this is not all of that link but just what I feel is most important. The stuff that was already posted in previous posts I haven't included also.

http://jayfulton.wordpress.com/2008/04/06/grandmother_peace_drum_and_pepper-spray/

26 Responses to “Grandmother Peace Drum: Conflict and pepper spray???
 Helen Kanclerz Says:

April 7, 2008 at 12:02 pm
I am Native American. Please, Think how you would feel if someone made a mockery of your culture and religion for money.
What she is doing is not only against our spirituality; we do not sell our religion which is what she is portraying, (and you paid for!) it is against the Treaties signed by the government, which will not enforce and actively breaks, check this out for yourself.
If you contact the Unitarian Universalist Church in Chatanooga Tennessee (where she was last month) they will tell you she is not of Seneca descent, she told them she was Jewish and Irish.

Check with Gary Harrison, the Chief of the Chickaloons in Alaska where she supposedly had the drum blessed and he will tell you she is a “Fanatical Flim Flam Artist out to fleece the public???.

Check with the Seneca’s in New York and Canada and they will tell you they have no record of her or her purported ancestry on their rolls.

All this information is available on the web.
Again I repeat, Think how you would feel if someone made a mockery of your culture and religion for money.

Then you will understand the ire these young people felt, forcing them to stand and be arrested to protect their heritage.

Thank you for the opportunity to shed some light on what is happening to a people who traditionally have welcomed others with open arms, this is the traditional way of the native american; but do not make us into a Bufalo Bill Cody Wild West show and continue to exploit our culture heritage and spirituality/religion.
Sincerely, Helen Kancelrez

Jay Fulton Says:

April 7, 2008 at 3:31 pm
Dear Helen,

Thank you for writing. I am listening. Thank you especially for offering new information that can be checked and verified. You are the most valuable of correspondents, namely someone who will speak her mind.

Please do not misread me! I am neither in her favor, nor against her. would you be kind enough to elaborate some more? I’ll open up the blog for comments without having to be checked first, ok? I am a thoughtful person who reads widely. I have no strong religious belief of any kind, nor any agenda to attack or promote any religion, or culture....

Jay

Helen Kanclerz Says:

April 7, 2008 at 4:38 pm
....You were charged a set amount with no chance to recind your “donation??? to her 501-c-3 organization. Again look on the web, she claims Whirling Rainbow is non-profit. You will find on the web, she charged the organization that brought her to Weymouth $2500.00 or 60% of the door whichever was greater, additionally all profits from the sale of the drums and rattles went to her. We do NOT sell our sacred drums, nor pipes or feathers, etc. The sale of any sacred item is DEFINITELY never done by a shaman. They would fear the wrath of the ancestors. This is the mockery of which the young man spoke. She claims she is a “shaman??? and yet openly sells our traditions and sacred items....

Judy Gould Says:

April 8, 2008 at 12:57 am
Jay, I must thank you for this really honest report, and all the time you have taken to make this as full a report as possible. You have helped immensely.

First, let me say this. If this woman (Rachel Holzwarth, AKA Suraj Holzwarth, AKA White Eagle medicine Woman) was aware, as she reported to you, that these demonstrations and blatant objections to her prayerformances would continue, as they had in the past (and obviously, since she told you this ,there was no reason to believe otherwise), then, she was responsible for any damages or injuries which occurred.

(This statement has nothing to do with Indians or non-indians,..any promoter of any venue, who is aware that his promoted event may cause rowdiness, damaging or aggressive behavior - such as a wild music concert- the promoter is expected to have retained adequate security personnel to control situations. ) Her admission that this is apparently a common occurrence tells me that she was remiss in 1. Not informing her audience of the inherent danger, and 2. She was negligent in retaining adequate personnel as guards to protect her audience.

Next, as I stated, her real name is Rachel Holzwarth. She charges exorbitant fees for something we are NOT ALLOWED to charge for. When we hear Creator speak, we are not charged for his messages. Therefore, we cannot charge, anymore than a catholic priest would charge to hear confessions or to pray for someone’s welfare or to read the Bible to people. It’s just not done. In fact, it’s a really big no-no.

....The problem we are having with this woman is, she is using our ceremonies to fill her pockets. She is dressing in our traditional regalia, misusing feathers, misusing the sacred medicines, misguiding people who really want to know about native beliefs, and taking huge amounts of money for it!

She has made up her own set of “Indian ??? beliefs and turned it into her own religion, but pretends to have heard it through her Seneca ancestors.

What she is babbling about is not Native American. She believes she spoke to an entity named Metatron for 13 weeks in her sleep, who told her to do this. That’s all New-age stuff, but since she tried for several years at her Alaskan Wilderness Women’s Foundation to make money from the New-Agers and failed, she decided to turn into an indian since it apparently sells better.

On top of that, it would appear that she is defrauding the taxman, as she has a non-profit status as a religion, but asks that checks be sent in the name of the Alaskan Wilderness Women Foundation, rather than the Whirling Rainbow for which she holds this non-profit status.

In addition, I myself, used to live in Palmer, Alaska, and have many native friends there. She was basically ignored by them, as she kept trying to get them to “bless??? her , and kept pushing herself on them, in her attempts to “brand??? herself as this “White Eagle Medicine Woman???. They wanted no part of her shenanigans.

....When I was reading the part where she turned the events into a lesson, I was really upset. Again, she is making things up to suit her fraud. But, when you wrote that she had said she was “Incested??? I realized that she apparently needs professional help. Unless, of course, that was just more malarkey to make you feel for her lonely mission.

She has 5 to 7 people in her entourage (or so she claims in her price list) so, I would wonder where all of these people were at the time of this occurence. Have they abandoned her in the face of continual objections?

...Then, to use our outrage to pretend to know what is in our hearts, is ridiculous. Did she suffer any of these things? No! The issue is about being a fraud and selling some cockamamie fake made-up religious exercise saying it’s from her traditional Seneca roots!

If you want to find out what more people think of this woman, just google Whirling Rainbow or White Eagle Medicine Woman along with the word fraud or scam.
As I said, I believe she, herself, is both responsible for, and feeds on/utilizes to her advantage, the objections and loud reactions she gets at her “prayerformances??? from Native Americans. And, I believe that she should be charged in this instance with inciting the behavior that you witnessed, knowing it would happen, and taking no measures to ensure that her auduence was both aware of the chance of this happening, and protected to some degree from the actual interruption of the event.

....I am absolutely positive that the Native objectors had no intention of causing you or any member of the audience, or Mz. Holzwarth herself, any physical harm. We simply want this farce to be stopped, somehow, and if you understand that natives revere the big drum as a “Grandfather ??? (not a grandmother), and that the big drums were only for the men to use (Women are too powerful beings to touch the big drum, unless it is in private-ish circumstances or, if the men are all gone-as in on a hunting party), then you might get why he brought his war-stick down on the skin. As a male, he can hit the skin. As a female, she should NOT be, and if she had ‘native roots’ she would know this. Now, I know from a non-native perspective, that sounds like a sexist belief, but that is the tradition, and we native women understand why....

jayfulton Says:

April 8, 2008 at 4:22 am
Judy, Thank you. It seems significant to me that the first responses were so….. articulate and detailed. I appreciated hearing your insights about the emotional context and the background that creates that context.

As a side note, I did hear back from Chattanooga UUA, and my contact there said that she had announced her ancestry as Jewish, Irish and others. He also said that provided the sound on a Saturday and the event in Chattanooga was uneventful and trouble-free. His information confirms Helen’s suspicion that the story line of Suraj/Rachel changes somewhat over time, or that it’s sufficiently complex that observers have a hard time remembering exactly what she said.

I am amazed at the quality of responses here. They are so much better than the sniping and sarcasm I saw on youtube.

hartman deetz Says:

April 8, 2008 at 7:17 pm
wow jay i got pepper sprayed too

and cuffed and arrested

im sorry my actions may have caused you harm, it was not my intention to do harm to any human being that night, it was my intention to take or break that drum. for us when a drum is treated wrong it is to be taken away from those who have allowed it to be mistreated, especially if the caretaker of that drum is the one doing wrong by the drum. ive heard of a drum taken away from its group for singing a special cerimonial song casually outside of the cerimony it was intended for. helen and judy have done well to present the substance of my concerns so i wont go on and on.
this should tell you something as well about the validity of my concerns, when a strangers can relay a common understanding from a common world veiw....

rezgirl Says:

April 9, 2008 at 8:17 am
Hello to all,

I was sent this blog and I am saddened as well as elated at the events that happened here. I am the president and co-founder of the indian center here in the Great Lakes area and have recently had the chance to have the Grandmother Drum medicine show shut down in all of Ohio. She currently has dates scheduled in the Detroit area where THEY are planning a protest as well. Our goal was to let these people no they are not welcome here and that a “peaceful??? protest would be set in motion had the events went on as planned. Fortunatly for all, they were cancelled.

....I will be forwarding this blog to others in my area here to show that we are making some progress into what this woman and her organization is doing. When I spoke with her personally last week, she tried to tell me that the money she is charging is for the expenses of their travels. When I asked her if ANY of the money she is receiving is going back into native communites (she told me she had permission from Pine Ridge elders to do what she is doing) the answer was no, a resounding no for that matter! None of the monies is going anywhere to any worthy orgs or communities. It is lining her pockets and the new agers that she brings in. There is a “spirituality center??? in the Detroit area that is charging for sweat lodges as well as pipe ceremonies and asking for “love offerings??? in a feeble attempt to bring peace and healing to the Great Lakes.

I wanted to post this message here so that you and others would know, this is not an isolated event, she is not welcome by native communities and I would hope that getting this message out BEFORE people go and spend their money will be enlightening.

Chi Megwetch.

rezgirl Says:

April 9, 2008 at 8:39 am
BTW Hartman,

I spoke to some of the others here….we are all in agreement that if you need bail money, we’re her for ya brother….LOL....

jayfulton Says:

April 9, 2008 at 7:06 pm
....One thing I’ve noticed here is that there have been no responses from advocates for Rachel/Suraj. I imagined there’d be some pro Vs. con postings. Why have none of her supporters responded? Is it because the audiences who see her are not generally interested in these issues, and have no clue to the cultural background involved?

Also, there was a reference to Metatron. I avoided linking any information for that it just seemed inappropriate. Is there any written evidence of the claim of visitation to Rachel/Suraj by Metatron?

Thanks again to all contributors.-Jay....

Helen Kanclerz Says:

April 10, 2008 at 7:58 am
Sorry, I meant to add perhaps Suraj does not have any true supporters when they discover the truth.

Helen Kanclerz Says:

April 10, 2008 at 9:13 am
Jay:
Suraj told Rezgirl she had permission from Pine Ridge to perform her “Prayerformance???

We just spoke with the lead of the healers of all 13 nations on Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota. He has no knowledge of Suraj and is thoroughly upset that she is out there selling anything having to do with our religion. He has never spoken to her and without going through the council none of the healers would dare to give permission even to their own family for someone to even perform a ceremony.

As you can see we have veryt rigid and structured religion as do most religions where you must be certified before being allowed to instruct anyone in the spirituality of our culture. We will talk about our spirituality, but then ALWAYS refer them to a true healer....

Wolfsraven Says:

April 10, 2008 at 12:18 pm
This woman is 100% white. She DREAMED she was Seneca, yet sells the Hopi and Navajo ceremonies. This is THEFT pure and simple. She is not even native…..and has NO RIGHT to steal from us and sell to non-natives. Anyone who charges for this kind of thing is a 100% bonafide FAKE! A true medicine person would never ask for money.

OUR CEREMONIES ARE NOT FOR SALE! AND THEY NEVER WILL BE!

Judy Says:

April 10, 2008 at 12:51 pm
Hi Jay,

I didn’t want to leave the links out here, but if you go to her site and look in the instructional courses online, she has a whole unit dedicated to Metatron.
Also, if you google the name of the foundation, or her name, with Metatron, you will get many references.

My point was that she is mixing her new-age stuff with native american spiritual and ceremonial, and presenting it as native american, insulting, and abusing our spiritual beliefs in the process.

I can only compare this to maybe someone taking large sums of money while LOUDLY practising wicca and performing Christian-ish Wiccan ceremonies wearing the Pope’s mitre(headpiece) and cassock, and carrying the cross, saying she has the blessings of the church. Throw in ??? Moses told me to do this in my dreams???, and “I learned this from my Catholic upbringing???and you got a Suraj Holzwarth!

....I’m not surprised that she would choose Pine Ridge as her “source??? of blessings???. This is the most financially destitute place in America, I believe. They have more to worry about than somebody claiming to have been in contact with her. If you read her sales pitches (sorry- promotional info) over the years, she first claimed to have blessings of the Hopi, Navajo, and Shoshone. Now, it has changed to Lakota. Has she forgotten the Hopi, Navajo, and Shoshone? Or did they tell her to stop? (She also claimed blessings from the Chickaloons of Alaska, which never happened.)

Had she any idea about the plight of the Pine Ridge people, she could not possibly carry on her farce without contributing to the needs of the people there.
Why wouldn’t she claim blessings from her own Seneca people?

It appears that she chooses her verification like throwing darts at a map of native nations, and hopes nobody catches up with her.

I’d also hazard a guess why she hasn’t chosen a nation positioned on the “Canadian??? side of Turtle Island,..and that would be our APTN, (Aboriginal Peoples’ Television Network), which would have done a report on her claims in the news and then, you can be sure, some feathers would fly. (This is a 24/7 coast-to-coast cable station , available in even the most basic packages, that does an excellent job of reporting from Indian Country)....

mano cockrum Says:

April 10, 2008 at 1:24 pm
She claims the metatron “visitation??? herself on the whirling rainbow website under the 64- languages of love course description. I believe its also on her biography there;
http://www.whirlingrainbow.com/online%20language.htm

this has been a really good blog and responses, I am grateful there are so many ready to help educate others about this. i was the colorado coordinator for the longest walk 2 northern route (they just entered kansas after 4 weeks in CO), and will see you who are all going in DC.

ahee’hee,
mano....

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2008, 01:06:43 am »
I'm happy to see people taking action, and further education coming in the wake of the protests. Great job, everyone who's working on this!

Here's where Holzwarth is promoting herself on YouTube: http://uk.youtube.com/user/suraj1h

Offline dabosijigwokush

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2008, 03:09:11 am »
email to mailto:admin@newtowntheatre.com
newtown theater newtown , pa
a total fraud is using your name in her schedule

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1513.0;all

http://www.whirlingrainbow.com/schedule.htm

she is not a DR.

she does not have a PHD

she is the dean of her internet school

there is no known location for her school

there will be a protest everywhere she goes

i do not see her listed in your sight

please confirm or denounce this person before you let her on your stage

every where she goes email them , flood there emails

« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 03:41:22 am by dabosijigwokush »

Offline dabosijigwokush

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2008, 03:30:37 am »
narmc.webmaster@na.amedd.army.mil <narmc.webmaster@na.amedd.army.mil>
sent a copy to
Walter Reed Military Hospital, Washington, DC

Offline dabosijigwokush

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2008, 03:36:49 am »
sent a copy to
             126 N. State Street
             Newtown, PA 18940
             215-968-9750
             soulutions333@verizon.net
             215-968-9750
lets keep this going everywhere she goes

Offline dabosijigwokush

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2008, 04:01:45 am »
White Eagle Medicine Woman came over to the spot on the gym floor near me where the policewoman had subdued her opponent. White Eagle Medicine Woman knelt down in front of him and tried to talk to him. There was a lot of noise, so I guess that very little communication, if any, happened. The police picked him up and started force walking him towards the exit doors.

She noticed that his blood was on the floor. I watched her put her right hand down on the hard wooden floor, wet with his blood, and then deliberately rub her right hand around on the little red puddle. Then she paused and rubbed both hands together. She went to the drum and rubbed the blood off her hands and onto the drum skin. Her actions were eerily calm, slow and deliberate, in great contrast to the commotion and noise around us. She was not speaking.

she put blood on to that drum
now it has to be burned for shure
im now sending this to OSHA it will be confasated and burned

Walter Reed Military Hospital, Washington, DC

White Eagle Medicine Woman came over to the spot on the gym floor near me where the policewoman had subdued her opponent. White Eagle Medicine Woman knelt down in front of him and tried to talk to him. There was a lot of noise, so I guess that very little communication, if any, happened. The police picked him up and started force walking him towards the exit doors.

this make this drum a bio hazard it needs to be taken  and burned

this blood is from

April 4, 2008, 7:00 - 10:00 PM, at Chapman Middle School 1051 Commercial St., East Weymouth, Massachusetts

i am sending a copy of this report to the board of health

« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 04:09:57 am by dabosijigwokush »

Offline Tsisqua

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2008, 08:24:59 am »
More comments posted:

Comments posted....

Martin KnifeChief Says:

April 10, 2008 at 9:47 pm

This is very interesting as I have heard about this person selling
our ceremonies, or copies and using our sacred items in some kind of
new-age rituals while charging alot of money. ALL of these kind of
people must be shut down! They say they have a right to do it, I say
what right? We are not a side show to be exploited by these cons. Our
sacred objects are not a joke! We are not dead, we are very much
alive and using our sacred things the way our Creator intended. This
is our land, we demand respect!! These people show no respect for us
or our things. They show no respect for our land, destroying more and
more each day for greed. They kill our buffalo that roam on their
original migratory patterns. They wipe out our prairie dogs for more
shopping centers. They steal our images, poison our water, ruin our
air. No, these people must be stopped, their drums silenced, their
pipes broken. I am a warrior of the Lakota and I have spoken my
thoughts. Aho!
Martin KnifeChief

And another:

Dekanogi Ulogilv Says:

April 10, 2008 at 10:18 pm
Siyo Jay, in respect I say, as mother and grandmother such as this is
most hurtful to us all. We try to live our lives quietly and
respectfully, but our Sacred things, are not for sale. The young people
who protested, were very upset at seeing the Drum, being disrespected.
And it is sad such a beautiful Drum must be destroyed, but they are
right it must. Perhaps this lesson will help you, to help others
understand why it so upset our Peoples. Why it is important that our
Ceremony, and Sacred Items deserve to be shown respect. I pray it help
in a way to bring healing to us all, learning together that
those "selling" anothers Culture is a form of genocide.

Working together we can stop these people from stealing from all
peoples, ours, and yours. There are so many good words here of
sharing,i t could be this way if more were like you and would hear and
not "react", listen, then decide if it seems good to them or not to
hear our words. I send prayers we learn.

Siyo Hartman and Melanie prayers are being said that your side be
heard with caring ears!
many blessings granny

NAU ~ Native American Unity Says:
April 11, 2008 at 2:11 am
I agree with Martin and Granny wholeheartedly…this kind of thing has
been going on long enough.

It is high time these things were stopped.

Since I am a traditionalist…I wont beat about the bush when I say Non
Natives have NO BUSINESS taking our ceremony and making it their
own….holay smokes…most of our own ceremonies and those of my people…
Non Natives are not even permitted to WATCH from a distance…nevermind
participate in! These people have NO SHAME! But, yes…some of our
ceremonies Non Native are permitted to participate in…but does that
mean they should take them for their own to make a profit?? Heck no!!

No money should EVER be charged for ceremony….this takes away the
true meaning! This belittles the ceremony and leaves it laced with
greed! Our people have NEVER been paid in money for ceremony…only
ever in a gift…my fiance works his butt off hunting and fishing to
provide our elders and holy men with these `gifts'…money is not the
way!…and that is as it should be!

This just highly annoys me…even to view the pictures of this woman…
you know…we deal with people like this daily…and after the tenth Non
Native selling ceremony in a day…well heck it gets a little much…
these people have no respect for our people or our ways….they pretend
they do…..while they are exploiting us for a profit…but its only ever
been about money! Well I intend to hurt this woman in her pocket
book….we will gather many…and are in the process of doing…to protest
EVERY `ceremony' she conducts for as long as it takes!

As long as our people lay down and allow this to happen….it WILL
continue……its TIME TO STAND UP!!

Tsissy (NAU)

There is also a group on MySpace called "NDNs Against Spiritual and Cultural Genocide"

http://groups.myspace.com/NDNsAgainstSpiritualandCulturalGenocide

Who are also making others aware....I have also posted there...

Posted: Apr 11, 2008 1:40 AM
There is an extensive thread in NAFPS:

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1513.newnew

Also...this woman and her ’work’ is highly spread across the board there....many people have asked many questions....see also:

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1580.0

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=360.0

The Yahoo group American Indian Injustice is also dealing with this..

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/American_Indian_Injustice/

The simple fact that this woman smeared the blood of a protester onto the drum raises many questions alone...not to mention the sale of ceremony...the mixture of our ceremony with a drum inlaid with crystal skulls...the mixture of our ceremony and many other practices....has she permits for her use of feathers....is she paying tax on the money she ’collects’....I could go on and on....it seems everyone she has mentioned....who has either taught her...given her their blessing...hired her...etc etc...knows NOTHING of this woman! Either they are simply ASHAMED of her actions....or she does not speak truths.

In short...this woman needs to be stopped...and if the only ’peaceful’ way to stop her is by contacting every single venue she is listed at...and making it known that there WILL be Native Protesters...there WILL be NDN Media present...that this woman IS basically committing cultural genoicide for a profit....then perhaps those ’hiring’ her will reconsider. There are MANY ’real’ ndn people out there who will be more than willing to replace her and her fake ceremony....FREE of charge!

I expect this to be ongoing....but I can assure you...we at NAU will not rest until EVERY venue has been cancelled....we have over 19, 000 members...and if it takes every member to make phone calls...send emails....whatever it takes...we shall do it! I hope and pray all others who are disturbed by this woman and her actions....do the same.....because as long as we sit back and ALLOW such people to continue....THEY WILL!! It is time to STAND UP....and let our voices be heard!...only as a body of many people joining together...can we make changes.
Unity is the way!

With much respect,

Tsissy (NAU ~ Native American Unity)

My task today is to contact as many ndn radio stations...ndntv as possible and get this out there....and I thank everyone here who are willing to stand up and be heard on this matter.

With respect,

Tsissy
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 08:50:08 am by Tsisqua »