Author Topic: John Twobirds  (Read 17282 times)

Offline TimberlineWarrior

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
John Twobirds
« on: April 26, 2005, 02:04:41 pm »
Anyone got any info on this guy? He claims Native ancestory, but doesn't mention a nation.
Apart from the phoniness stinking like a dead skunk theres just something else as well. Certainly well organised to part people from their money!

http://www.terramaterint.org/twobirds.htm

^. .^

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: John Twobirds
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 04:33:23 pm »
Did you check the archives? I remember having a discussion about him on the old yahoogroup.

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 06:31:12 pm »
He appeared in my home town a few years ago selling some kind of feel-good spiritual-jamboree experience in the town hall for £5 a pop, using much the same language and themes as are on his website. I noticed that the UK events page on that site hasn't been updated since 2003, which has got to be a good thing.

In 1996  a man called Gordon Reynolds died of heatstroke in a sweatlodge operated by newagers in Somerset:

Mr Reynolds, from Twickenham, west London, who ran a hospital blood transfusion laboratory, began going to sweat lodges after meeting John Twobirds, an Indian medicine man...Mrs Reynolds...said: "Although the people who organised this sweat lodge were my friends, I have to speak out. They say Gordon's spirit is set free, but how do I answer a six-year-old who says 'I want Daddy here on earth'?"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/htmlContent.jhtml?html=/archive/1996/11/22/ntee22.html

Offline Leo

• 'THE' Indian does not exist...
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 09:49:37 pm »
You can read about him on Trisha's site, this page:

http://users.pandora.be/gohiyuhi/frauds/frd0031.htm

It is from 2003, but these people don't change for the better I am afraid.
-I 4 C- International Cross Cultural Competency Center , a meeting point for the Indiginous people of the world.

Offline EagleVision

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 02:55:11 am »
Hi everyone,
I write from Australia.

Yes, I am afraid our friend John Two Birds has been here too!!! It is now well over ten years ago, but remember these charlatans do not change!!!

John held several gatherings and demanded everyone slept in tipis. The worst incident occured in Tasmania where a young girl (very blond, very pretty) joined the gathering and was told by John she had to sleep in his tipi and have sex with him. After the ordeal she complained to her mother, and John was thrown out of Australia.

As with Pushican Lighning Bear, so did the same things in Australia, John also claimed that sex was an initiation traditional to Native Americans...and that love, tenderness, and care were not...(yeah..right!!!)

Beware of this individual, and ladies remember you do not need this kind of initiation!!!! Love is always the answer, and it begins with loving yourself!!!!