Author Topic: Kam Lau Nightchase/Ghost Dances for sale  (Read 30194 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Kam Lau Nightchase/Ghost Dances for sale
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006, 04:44:01 pm »
That's good news Annika. Please pass along my own thanks to Phil for his principled stand. We don't run into enough people like him, and they should be encouraged.
Debbie, does your friend know just what KL's background actually is? Is he simply a Chinese passing himself off as mixedblood Lakota?

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 04:59:44 pm »
I sent him the link to this site, but I will ask him. Kam's name came up on the NDNAIM list. POsted by a Swedish woman there. I think she is Swedish anyway. Someone asked her and she did not know.

Offline piya

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2006, 09:55:39 am »
Al, I can't find out much about his background except he is half chinese and a recognized teacher of the spiritual tradition of the Lakota as well as Sun Dance Chief who has been a Sun Dancer for 23 years. He is a direct descendent of a long linage of renowned Lakota chiefs. Kam has traveled the world sharing his medicine and teachings. He is also a director of the walkingstick.org.

Would be interesting to find out more
To Old To Die Young

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2006, 10:14:24 am »
Al - I sent a reply to Philip and also forwarded your thanks. But, I must say, I am not convinced. The link is still up. It still says that Phil will be running the ceremony. All they´ve done is to remove the photos. They are still inviting people to the Ghost Dance. ? :( ? Maybe that reply was just an attempt to get some pretty irritated Lakota guys off his back.

The intitial inquiry came from the Looking Horses who wondered if I had ever heard of this guy Kam Lau.
They don´t have a clue who he is. ?

Annika

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2006, 12:10:58 pm »
He is also a director of the walkingstick.org.
Would be interesting to find out more

I just had a look at the walkingstick site. They say they combine Jewish shamanic traditions with ndn traditions. They have bought premises in New Mexico; on the first page it says these were surrounded by four ndn nations, while at the second, introducing this Retreat Center, it says: "We have purchased 83 acres surrounded by thousands of acres of public land and undeveloped ranch land". The Retreat is described here as: "At present, we have a small dining hall, two cabins, two tipis..." and a camp ground where tents can be put up.

I then looked at their programme for 2006, which offers the following courses/workshops:

"Jewish Shamanic Healing: Introducing the THIRD Two-Year, Four-Week Training Program"

From May 26-28: "Shamanic Healing: From Torah to Tipi. A Workshop for Healers of Self and Others"

Aug 10-15: "Lighting the Story Fires Within" - "A rare gathering of Native American and Jewish spiritual teachers and elders".

They announce the following NA speakers:

- David Carson (Choctaw), Medicine Teacher and Pipe Carrier, Co-Author of: Medicine Cards, The Discovery of Power Through the Ways of Animals
Further below, Carson is said to be the guardian of the ancient sacred Choctaw pipe. "Raised on the Choctaw reservation in Oklahoma, David was introduced to animal and stone medicine by his aunts and later by Mary Gardener, a Choctaw medicine woman. He also studied with elders and medicine carriers [sic] of northern plains nations".

- Kam Night chase Lau (Lakota)

- Blue Spruce Standing Deer (Tewa), Medicine Singer
Further below, BSSD's name is given as: Pba-Quen-Nee-e; he is described as a "Tiwa Medicine Singer and Painter (Taos Pueblo)"

- Mary Night Chase Lau (Lakota), "Sun Dancer and Teacher of Lakota Feminine Wisdom".

Now to the prices charged:
The workshop on stories, Aug 10-15, costs USD 950 if paid for by credit card, and USD 850 if paying by check, cash, money order. The sum includes: "tuition, all meals, lodging", but: "Accomodations are very rustic: 1-4 person tents, tipis, a cabin with no amenities".

The workshop on Shamanic Healing, May 26-28, is USD 550. The warning reads: "Facilities are rustic, with limited water supply, two indoor bathrooms, four outdoor enclosed chemical toilets..." Only here, at the bottom of the page, it says that - at least for the May event - attendence is limited to 40 participants.

Offline piya

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2006, 05:19:35 pm »
Annika,

You had your doubts, and they are right. I e mailed Phil, about attending a Ghost Dance not anon, but with my right address Andreas, and this is the reply

Hi Steve, thank you for your interest and decision walking with us the sacred path to put out our prayrs for our next generations. Please get the registration forms as well as guidlines on our homepage where you can download them.  http://touchingtheheart.free.fr  You can send them to me and I will confirm your registration. For more information please contact me and Il help.

Phil

All I need now is a load of money, flight to France...........................

They won't give up will they. YET

Steve Pattison ( Shoshone Bannock ), not anon

To Old To Die Young

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2006, 05:35:05 pm »
 >:( >:( >:( :'(

And I wrote him this really nice email today, sending thanks from both Al and myself.

Jävla skitstövel!! ? (Can´t write that in English, it would get censored...) ?

Pyia, check your PM:s.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 am by Freija »

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2006, 05:52:56 pm »

Ve haff vayz of translating you;))))))))

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2006, 06:02:12 pm »

Ve haff vayz of translating you;))))))))

HAHAHAHA! ? Oh well, thank God I used the Soft Version - I can do much worse... ;D ;D

Offline piya

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2006, 06:03:01 pm »
lol;, I can't translate it.

Is it in Wannabe, or Rainbow
To Old To Die Young

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2006, 06:06:09 pm »
lol;, I can't translate it.

Is it in Wannabe, or Rainbow

Nooo, it´s what a pissed off viking would say! ?  ::)

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2006, 06:54:18 pm »
Annika,
http://touchingtheheart.free.fr ?

No, they won't give up....
I had a look at the site and saw that Mr Phil C says he owes his teachings to a person by the name of Markus Wider and googled him:
http://www.stoneslink.com
Wider has a link to the site of Kam Lau Night Chase.

Wider also sounds interesting: he is from Switzerland and apparently has different, errm: fields of interest. On another site (http://www.mouches-volantes.com/Rezensionen/Rezensionen.htm ), Wider is quoted with a comment on a book, followed by:
"Markus Wider, gas station attendant, religion teacher, social worker, entrepreneur, sun dancer and prayer dancer"

He happens to own a school which offers language courses for migrants and participates in a youth projects, e.g. working with unemployed youths. He is said to be no longer actively working in this school but advises the management and owns the school.

He seems to be more active in the spiritual section and offers sweats, vision quests, and this prayer dance.
There's no application form for the sweats and no prices listed.
A vision quest in the Pyrennees from Aug 3-10 costs [ch8364] 600.
Participation in the prayer dance is [ch8364] 350 per year. When registering for participation, one is made to sign the following sentences:

"I commit myself to dance four times."
"I confirm that neither anyone from the organisation team of the sun dance [yes, it changes to sundance all of a sudden, I.] nor Markus Wider can be held responsible for what may happen to me during the dance."

Explanation re this dance given at the site:
"A four day ceremony with sweat lodge and full fasting [hey, no food costs], during which the dancers will have themselves pierced. The dance on the one hand goes back to the sundance of the Sioux tribes and on the other comes from modern forms of dance."
[Translations may be tricky, but way the text is phrased does very much make clear that dancers do not have the choice whether they will be pierced or not - signing the application form means participants will get pierced - period.]
They accept both male and female dancers.
Dancers are compelled to dance four days during four consecutive years. Prerequisite for participation in the dance is a vision quest.

I had a look at his event page: there are 3 to 4 events every month.

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2006, 10:00:21 pm »
It means something like 'devilish bootful of sh*t'. Hooray for the internet.