Author Topic: Andy Rodriguez AKA "Walks With Thunder"  (Read 35305 times)

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Andy Rodriguez AKA "Walks With Thunder"
« on: March 08, 2006, 05:11:58 pm »
aka Andy Rodrigues. Here is a link to a story about him.  Beware, it will make you want to barf:

http://spiritjourney.com/_wsn/page2.html

And here is more of his bragging:

http://www.users.qwest.net/~sjourney1/calendar.html

Fortunately, some people are waking up to this creep. He was bragging about how much mioney he was going to make by doing this shaman stuff and someone finall "got it."

[added full name in thread title - k]
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 11:47:16 pm by Kathryn »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: "Walks With Thinder"
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 07:58:29 pm »
Sometimes they're not even very creative with their lies. I found several dozen role playing sites or fantasy sci fi books using Walks With Thunder as an NDN shaman name. But no more of his sites other than the ones Debbie already showed.

Some of this is unintentionally funny:
http://www.users.qwest.net/~sjourney1/calendar.html#032006111
"Energy Body w/Walks with Thunder
Time: 1:00pm - 4:00pm

OK, is this guy just not too bright?

"Most cultures and religions of the world have a word for Soul."

Give him the Homer Simpson Doh Award.

"For a few hours we will discover the Energy Body and how to fine-tune it. Healing Circle and Energy Transfer are used to heal the energy body."

Since energy body is an oxymoron...

"I have little ceremony in my classes. When the spirits teach me, there is no ceremony at all. That is how I present my class. I tell you about Energy Body and allow you to ask questions. I show you how it feels and then you try it out."

How convenient, so he can claim he isn't selling ceremony.

"Two people with chronic pain attended my last class at Crystal Voyage (June 2005). Through Healing Circle and Energy Body they left without pain. At last check they are still pain free. Not everyone who attends will be healed. The creator’s plan is his plan, not ours. What we can change we do, what we can’t change “is what is???."

Everybody got that?

"Walks With Thunder is Shaman Born; his Grandfather was a Shaman for the Caddo tribe, as was his before him. He has been able to see Grandfather spirits at age two, Bilocated at fourteen."

Bilocated? That's sounds either very painful, or like he's coming out of the closet.

"I have been on the Red Road a long time before I even knew there was a Red Road???

Takes either guts or stupidity to admit to being so clueless.

"I live the life of a Wacasa Wakan"

So Caddos now call themselves by Lakota words?

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: "Walks With Thinder"
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 11:18:34 pm »
You should see him in person. Yuck. He is a predator. Behaves VERY inappropriately in ceremony and with women. Unfortunately, I have first hand experience with his behavior. He is a creep. And he can't even say the name of his alledgeed tribe correctly. We call him the KAY DOH shaman.;) He also emailed a naturopathic colege and offered to teach staff and students and proffessors how to be shamans. For a mear $45 each. He actually emailed around 3,000 people with that. One guy emailed everyone bak saying that they should think carefully about what they are doing. He emailed about cultural theft. Andy emailed back his whole shaman story and how he heals people. One of those he "healed" from cancer is dying from cancer.  

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Andy Rodriguez AKA "Walks With Thunder"
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 02:51:46 am »
Oh, ick, the local fraud has a webpage:

http://walkswiththunder.com/
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 09:47:27 pm by educatedindian »

frederica

Re: "Walks With Thunder"
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 03:09:35 pm »
Interesting, He has a bargin sale on classes (Power Aminals and Spirit Guides) for $80.  Sounds more Nuage. I always wonder just who is really attracted to this stuff. They must have some special needs. I also wonder what he is doing in those photos. The ones with the people sitting in the chair. frederica

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 03:56:57 pm »
He could be pontificating. He has a massive ego. I had the unfortunate experience of being in ceremony with him. He behaved in an inappropriate manner towards one woman in that ceremony and sppent time bragging. I had been invited by a friend, and Andy (his real name) had also been invited. He is a real creep. The people who go to him seem to be very needy and he gives the illusion of filling that need. Oh, and while he claims to be a Caddo, he cannot pronounce it correctly and places the tribe in Texas. They are in Oklahoma.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 04:43:25 pm »
That drum with an image straight out of Franklin Mint collector plates is amusing. And that's not the only comedy in his bio.

http://walkswiththunder.com/biography.htm

"It's Good To Be The Shaman"

Wait a minute, he's knocking off a quote from a Mel Brooks movie? And the original line, "it's good to be the King", showed the King as a crude sleaze who enjoyed assaulting and harassing women.

"Walks With Thunder is Shaman Born. His grandfather was a Shaman for the Caddo tribe, as was his father before him.
He has been able to see Grandfather spirits since the age of two, and could bi-locate (literally in two places at once) at fourteen."

No doubt used to fondle women and get away with it.

“I didn’t know those things were special. I thought every one could do it, and you know I was right. I have been on the Red Road a long time before I even knew there was a Red Road."

So you're actually bragging that you were ignorant for a long time?

"Walks With Thunder lives a spiritually pure life, abstaining from alcohol and tobacco (except for the occasional ceremony), doesn’t drink coffee, and uses no recreational pharmaceuticals."
"I didn’t learn the way of the Shaman from another Shaman. The Spirits teach me gently when I sleep. It was a surprise to me that other people teach my class very much the same as I do. I had thought I was the only one. Those spirits just can’t keep a good thing to themselves. Come to think of it, I can’t either."

In other words, come one come all to the super-spirchul fire sale! Take a look, the guy's pretty funny, esp when he doesn't intend to be.

"Class One: Introduction to the Energy Body
I will take all the mystery out of the path for you so you can journey to the underworld and meet your power animal We will go to the upper world and meet your spirit guide. Soul retrieval techniques, and how to remotely heal, are some of the many things we will learn to do. Our middle world journeys to visit people you know, but haven’t seen in a lately will amaze you. You will experience the power of traveling in our world and be able to visit these people and obtain accurate information about your absent friends. Our homework will include changing the weather at a place and time of your choice. Forgot to mention, yes, there will be homework. This will develop real skills you can use in your modern, everyday life.
You will learn to use a pendulum as an Energy Body Tool, reading it like a meter for health energy centers and out-of-balance energy centers. Our hands will draw out negative energy after our Energy shield-building lesson. We will practice calling Grandfather/Grandmother spirits to aid us in our energy work. You will also learn how to smudge and why do it.
We'll explore the uses of Energy Transfer and its limitations, drawing out the negative energy from the body to relive chronic pain and promote physical healing with gentle pressure from our hands. You will learn how to make Charged Crystals for healing, and the care and cleaning of Charged Crystals.
Our Reference book: Hands of Light by Barbara Ann Brennan

Class Two: Energy Body
We will cover Remote Healing, Soft Tissue resurfacing, Resistant People, what Energy Body doesn’t work on and of course we will practice. The class will practice Diagnosis and then remedy.
We introduce Healing circle, and Healing Drum Circle. As always we will use out rose quartz and pendulums.
You'll learn how to find and remove negative intrusions. You will learn a remote healing technique with a Middle World Journey....
You will learn the protection phrase and how to deal with negative energy spirits. Don’t worry, they are all cowards and it's an easy thing to do.
After completion of this course, you will, if you so choose, be offered membership in a Thunder Society, and receive a Thunderbird necklace that has been blessed to aid you on your spiritual path. You will, of course, have to pass a skills test. Don’t worry, no one has ever failed this test.

Class Three: Underworld Journey and Power Animals, Oh my!
A shaman is usually more powerful than a fortune teller because he has friends! Power Animals come to the aid of a shaman, who watch his or her back. These totem animals will open doors you never knew existed and keep you safe while you travel. They also have wisdom to teach and a sense of humor to be enjoyed. We will connect with that spiritual power and then bond to become an unstoppable team. Be warned that not only you will see or feel this power but those close to you as well, your family and pets included. There are also side effects from this type of journey… speeding tickets, for one. You're on your own for those.
Your power animal will give you a favor so you will know its power and your partner in class will ask for a favor from you and your power animal as well. Part of this exercise is to see what you can and cannot expect from a power animal. No Loto numbers though

Class Four: Introduction to the Stone Nation
I was in Iraq, it was very hot, and the people around me had on desert camouflage and body armor. They carried weapons as did I, though I had something they did not, a medical bag. As we moved with caution through the village streets I saw a man in the front get shot in the left leg. Others located the source of gunfire and began shooting in that direction. The wounded man kept calling for a Medic, and I found myself running over there to help. I dragged him close to a building and reached into my bag for a compress to help stop the bleeding. All I found in there was a rose quartz stone. It glowed softly in the darkness of the bag. That being all there was in the bag, I took it out and pushed it onto the wound. I frantically searched my gear for something more than just a stone. That's when I heard the wounded man say 'Thanks, don't know what you did, but that doesn't hurt at all now.' I moved my hand and looked at the stone I had pushed over the wound. It was clean and there was no blood. Not even the wound remained. I sat there in disbelief, and said I don't like props. Then I woke up....
Over the last year the Stone Nation has shown up at my classes as gifts and now Staff's are showing up. Who knows, this year I may even learn to sing. Believe me, you don't want to come to that class. This one, as with all of my classes, is blessed by the Grandfather Spirits. Come and see what I have learned with humility and a new found respect for props.

Class Five: Soul Retrieval and Altered Vision
Altered Vision, the ability to see auras and the energy of the body. I have some easy exercises we will do in class to see the energy body

Class Six: Dark Spirits and then...THE TEST!
we are going to have a skills test. You will demonstrate an energy balancing, energy transfer, pendulum use. Then you will middle world journey and tell me what is in the boxes. There will be four boxes 8???x 8??? x 8??? and within them each something different. You can’t touch the boxes; you can feel the energy around them.
No one has ever failed this test. To pass all you have to do is get one thing right...After these classes you are encouraged to come to advanced class

Attracting Prosperity

Healing Drum Circle"

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 05:50:53 pm »
Did you read the Article, Interview ith A Shaman? He has a different version of how he came to be a shaman. Pretty funny. His claim is that he went to South Dakota and stayed with his teacher (a white man, married to a Lakota woman, that teaches at a Christian college. Andy never mentions that the guy is white). Where he mowed their lawn everyday. (The people who have been to Pine Ridge always get a giggle on that one), until one day he got angry and went in and the man asked him what he learned, then told him to talk to his wife. The wife told him to read Mary Summer Rain books. The next day, the wife was magically 9 months pregnant and they pronounced Andy a shaman. Some of us kinda think that they were humoring Andy as he is so clearly a nutcase.

Offline AlaskaGrl

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 06:22:34 pm »
Here is your local Seattle Meetup group  

http://shamanism.meetup.com/198/boards/view/viewthread?thread=1902410

....... and every thursday they have a Vision Quest! ?  ?  >rolls eyes<

« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 am by AstronomyGal »

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 09:48:30 pm »
Vision Quest (the thursday event) is a pagain bookstore. But the whole thing is  is BARF!!!

Offline AlaskaGrl

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 01:13:25 am »
I also wonder what he is doing in those photos. The ones with the people sitting in the chair. frederica

Ok I checked them out Fredrica. ? Picts like
http://walkswiththunder.com/July%208%20-%20Everett,%20Energy%20Body%202%20124.JPG

and
http://walkswiththunder.com/July%208%20-%20Everett,%20Energy%20Body%202%20108.JPG

Some states, like Florida where I live. ? One cannot touch a person unless you are a licensed massage therapist. ? For instance if someone is performing Reiki, they cannot actually physically "touch" (lay hands on) the person they are working on. ? They must keep their hands above them. ? I don't know what the laws are like up where Debbie is but she might check them out for referance. ? Then again, if these women don't ? mind being handled (props or not) under the pretense of performing "energy" (quips aside during calve handling) work then I don't know what else to say. ? Other than they should be a whole lot more careful about their personal space.

They should ask alot of questions about who intrudes on them before they give that space up but then I guess if they were inclined to do the research and ask around, they would not be in a shaman's class would they? - Silly me. ? And then again, some people just have no common sense. ? I guess they don't mind being on the internet either. ? Just looks to me like a bad idea all around for him and them. ? And in a classroom setting no less where one always makes sure to maintain that professional distance.  Just not a good scene.  I am surprised it happens and that it's on the internet - tha calve handling and such.

http://walkswiththunder.com/WWT2%20033.JPG

http://walkswiththunder.com/WWT2%20017.JPG

« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 am by AstronomyGal »

frederica

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 02:00:09 am »
Just looks inappropiate. They do not touch here also. Their hands are inches above the person, if it is the so-called "energy cleansing".  His looks like massage. But I am sure it is by consensus. He doesn't say if he is a 501C(3) or INC..  If you read the testimonials, he comes very close to practicing medicine. A lot would depend on how he presents it to these people. I doubt he has a license for anything. lol. frederica

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2006, 04:37:04 am »
The law is the same here. No touching without a license. I have a friend who is into aromatherapy and had to get trained as a massage therapist to legally touch people.

Frederica, you are right. He comes real close to practicing medicne without a license. If I figure out who to report it to, maybe I will see if the state agrees.

frederica

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2006, 05:57:30 am »
It will be trickey. You need to know if he is licensed in anything relevent. It will be a civil matter. You also need to know what he is telling people when he does whatever he does. You need to know if there have been any complaints against him by dissatisfied customers. It would be interesting if he has already been in a civil suit.  The incident I have seen was one where a man accused one of these people of making to promise to cure his cancer of the pancreas. She denied it, saying she told him she could help him "cope" with it. That's why you really need some insider information. frederica

Offline AlaskaGrl

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2006, 04:56:05 pm »
The law is the same here. No touching without a license. I have a friend who is into aromatherapy and had to get trained as a massage therapist to legally touch people.

Frederica, you are right. He comes real close to practicing medicne without a license. If I figure out who to report it to, maybe I will see if the state agrees.

Debbie, check out your local AMA Chapter (American Medical Association) ? if you don't see them in the phone book check with your Dr. ? the AMA is up on medical scams and should be able to tell you how to go about going forward on this they might even assist you in making a case along these lines. ? You also need to pull his info from his website before it gets mysteriously edited - the testimonials and such and the promises to cure or the "I cured X" ? quotes. ? You'd be amazed how fast that stuff can dissapear... ? Download it all now and file it. ?  I don't guess he is a member of the Better Business Bureau either.... ? Check with your county and see if there have been infractions or fines against him. ? Do you have that stuff online there through the county? ?  Where I am you can do it all online its all public information. ? Keep in mind from what he wrote he was a Medic at one time.... ? Perhaps he still fancies himself as one?