Author Topic: Cassidy Dunning, Supposed Shawnee Heyoka to the Lakota Souix  (Read 6062 times)

Offline JM

Cassidy Dunning, Supposed Shawnee Heyoka to the Lakota Souix
« on: February 07, 2018, 10:33:34 pm »
Hi Everyone, i bring this to your attention as its just feeling really off and other than to ask here where Native people are, i cant track him anywhere on the net.
This guy turns up on a new age Ascension & Energy shift symptom changes Face book group, and his 1st post says :
Hi everyone  I yam , i'm here to help.
2nd post:  I am not shaman, but am a medicine man of the Shawnee tribe Heyoka to the Lakota Souix
He is getting lots of attention, but is asking people to PM him, they seem to be givng him info maybe they shouldnt, i feel after i went over a few posts on his on his FB page is def not anyone i would wish to divulge info 
Here is his 3rd Post.
Cassidy Dunning: I am a Medicine Warrior of the Shawnee Tribe, Great Grandson of Tecumseh himself and Heyoka to the Souix Lakota. A'han Brother.
I smell lies, decept, an these new age lot have little sense, but as it come to my attention i though someone here would be able to verify that Heyoka for sure dont show up on random FB pages offering help and making lies up about things and people held dear by the Tribal people
Typing this on a not working very well tablet keyboard, so wasnt able to copy and paste in the usual way, but hope someone on here can vrify for sure this guys not quite who he wishes to be seen as.
J M

[Just changed title=Al]
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 03:06:59 pm by educatedindian »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Cassidy Dunning, Shawnee Heyoka to the Lakota Souix
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 12:02:46 am »
Great grandson of Tecumseh? Living in 2018? When Tecumseh died in 1813, 194 years earlier? And his sons died in the 1840s? That's just impossible.

There's certainly lots of phony claims out there about him, the oldest going back very far. The best known being the myth of a romance between him and a white woman Rebecca Galloway that half the whites in Ohio claim a relation to.

Haven't found anything on Dunning online so far. The constant misspelling "Souix" and using their colonial name is another red flag.

Offline JM

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 01:12:47 am »
Yes,  madness, it felt wrong from the get go, only what he is doing is all under wraps, these people believe he is who he says, and they dont question what a Heyoka even is,and maybe its part of his joke...
I read his open Facebook page, he recently did a Go Fund me, and as he is only conversing via PmFB, i assume is trying to charge people for his "Help", as he does card readings, on his personal FB page, and his Advatar pic is of a lion, and he is pretty stupid to not privitise his personal info if he wishes to pull of this off, so for sure he isnt  to smart.
Thank you for looking into this and also for changing my subject heading.
I am not sure if i am to call him out on this on the page or wait and see where it goes, as he has made other posts now about his powers, and so many wanted his so called help, even sending hi pics.
J M

Piff

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 02:47:33 am »
Dunning recently posted suicidal content on his Facebook page, then denied that he is suicidal, then returned to expressing concerning thoughts.

He claims he has physical health symptoms that if actual, he needs to get into ER right away.

I used the Facebook report feature.

Offline White Horse

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 02:48:14 pm »
Anyone claiming to be a Medicine man is NOT! Lakota 101
Living that life, some consider a Myth!

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 12:08:28 am »
This guy turns up on a new age Ascension & Energy shift symptom changes Face book group, and his 1st post says :

Hi everyone  I yam , i'm here to help.

2nd post:  I am not shaman, but am a medicine man of the Shawnee tribe Heyoka to the Lakota Souix

He is getting lots of attention, but is asking people to PM him, they seem to be givng him info maybe they shouldnt, i feel after i went over a few posts on his on his FB page is def not anyone i would wish to divulge info 
Here is his 3rd Post.

Cassidy Dunning: I am a Medicine Warrior of the Shawnee Tribe, Great Grandson of Tecumseh himself and Heyoka to the Souix Lakota. A'han Brother.

:o   :o   :o    :o

Unless this is the beginning of a comedy routine.... yeah, this is not legit.

And because people are falling for it, no, it's not actually funny. I mean, it's funny but... people are still gullible enough and desperate enough that they get hurt by these scammers. It's just all of it: the ridiculous, contradictory claims, the unstable personality posting them, and the basic fact that no legit person of this falsely claimed status goes looking for followers (ahem, marks) on social media. There is literally nothing about this that is the least bit OK, starting with the name of the page the people are posting on. All they need is winged eagle wolves farting lightning. OMG.

Offline JM

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 04:05:09 pm »
I read this post of his on his page about being ill, and then the sudden healing he had, and i read some other guy called him out on some stuff.
He is back today, i just managed to copy this, but its got peoples names, so can admin maybe blot the names out as its a closed forum.
I am concerned as many of these people are ill, or in dire situations, and they are asking him to heal them, and the admin of this group, is also a newage woman, so i am not sure she is going to listen to me, as i can't face him off with much as i am not a Native, so dont have the needed info to say much to him.
This is dangerous, and i think he is after money, once he can get them away from the group, he will go for the kill., people are stupid and dont see what i think is easy to see, he is a fraud, and his pic of himself, oozes with how great he thinks he is.
Once people think he is God given, which they do, then he will use them, as the guy on his own page said he is a user?
He needs to be stopped, but again, he has them caught in his lie, they are only to pleased he is here to heal e'm all !!!!
Some are now friending him, so there have been some native posts added to his fb page, when before i think i maybe saw one.
Manage to delete some of the names, but i am having probs with the tablet i am typing on, so it delete everything, hope someone in  admin are able to finish blocking the names.

Christine Engler I know you, how do I know you?
Manage
· Reply · 1d
Cassidy Dunning
Cassidy Dunning I don’t know, but I know you too... this is weird... did you ever live in CO, CA, or OH?
Manage
· Reply · 12h
Christine Engler
Christine Engler No
Manage
· Reply · 12h
Past life?
Manage
· Reply · 12h
Cassidy Dunning
Cassidy Dunning Possibly, but if so the connection is so strong that we must have either been deep lovers, or one of us tortured the other.

Are you Kitai (Lyran)?
Manage
· Reply · 11h

Write a reply...
 Need advice on functional depression..
Manage
· Reply · 21h
 I've been going through a lot lately and don't know which direction to go to I'm very new to this and about 10 years ago I was diagnosed bipolar but I don't believe that I am and I want to stop taking my meds because I think it's hindering me from being who I really am... But if I do stop taking my meds my anger is out of control and I feel like I'm insane and can't control my emotions
Manage
· Reply · 21h
Cassidy Dunning
Cassidy Dunning Send me a private message unless you want to speak publicly
Manage
· Reply · 12h

Write a reply...
 Oh Cassidy, We have been waiting for all the helpers to get on line....🌟 Let’s get busy and turn on the Light! Lots of weary travelers in need of some respite. ??
Manage
· Reply · 20h
Cassidy Dunning
Cassidy Dunning HOKA HEY!!
Manage
· Reply · 12h

Write a reply...

hi Cassidy
welcome to the group!
I have several health issues going on simultaneously are you able to heal them as well as tell me why they occurred in the 1rst place?
Manage
LikeShow more reactions
· Reply · 10h
Cassidy Dunning
Cassidy Dunning Send me a PM
Manage
· Reply · 9h

hi Cassidy
welcome to the group!
I have several health issues going on simultaneously are you able to heal them as well as tell me why they occurred in the 1rst place?
Manage
LikeShow more reactions
· Reply · 10h
Cassidy Dunning
Cassidy Dunning Send me a PM
Manage
· Reply · 9h

Manage
· Reply · 9h
Cassidy Dunning
Cassidy Dunning It’s my purpose, there’s no need to thank me
Manage
· Reply · 9h

Sharon Gleason well I still felt I needed to thank you 😁
Manage
· Reply · 9h
Cassidy Dunning
Cassidy Dunning Sharon Gleason well, if you want to thank me there are two things you can do: pay it foreword, and/or make a post describing your experience.
GIPHY
Manage
· Reply · 9h
Cassidy Dunning
Cassidy Dunning It’s my purpose, there’s no need to thank me
Manage
· Reply · 9h
Sharon Gleason
Sharon Gleason well I still felt I needed to thank you 😁
Manage
· Reply · 9h
Cassidy Dunning
Cassidy Dunning  well, if you want to thank me there are two things you can do: pay it foreword, and/or make a post describing your experience.

Offline JM

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 04:27:04 pm »
Here is another that dont feel too good:
 I need help with my 3 year old granddaughter.. she isn't doing too well of late and is beginning to withdraw and very reluctant to speak . It's very upsetting x
Cassidy Dunning
Cassidy Dunning Hmm... ok send me a private message with details? And a photo?
Cassidy Dunning
Cassidy Dunning I think I can feel the problem already but I want to be certain

This post was a couple of days ago, but no ones really saying what is happening, so its all under cover.  Asking for pics of a child in this day and age is something i cant imagine anyone actually giving them to him, but they do???!!!
This is the group where all this is going on, its a facebook group thats closed.

Ascension & Energy Shift Symptoms and Changes

This is all being done under the guise of being a Lakota Medicine man, a Heyoka, and it really isnt very cool.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 07:53:27 pm »
JM, there's only so much anyone can do to protect people from themselves.

You haven't linked to the group, so I will. This is the members list: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ascensionshifts/members/

That looks to be a whacky intarwebs group full of hucksters. The members list has many accounts that are clearly joke names and troll accounts. Anyone who thinks they can find salvation in a maelstrom like that is going to fall for scams. Going by the names, and what you've posted here, I think it's clear there are people in that group for the sole purpose of exploiting people and getting sadistic kicks out of it. You can post information for the potential marks to read, and you can report fakes as fakes, but sometimes people really won't listen till they've been burned.

I'm going to try to say this kindly but... there is usually a reason that people are falling for obviously fake, pretendian scams. You don't go to a group like that to meet real Natives. I think that, deep down, most people know that.

Offline JM

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 08:15:31 pm »
Defend the Sacred, yes, you are right, most of all i think it sucks as to who he pretends he is. Maybe these folks need a kick up the butt, for i have spent many a time trying to tell people like these that somethings off, only to waste my time and energy, so yes.
Thanks for your reply :)
JM

Offline Sparks

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2018, 10:38:33 pm »
I read his open Facebook page, … his Advatar pic is of a lion, …

Not linked to earlier, but must be this one, then: https://www.facebook.com/cassidy.dunning

Offline RedRightHand

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2018, 03:22:19 am »
JM, there's only so much anyone can do to protect people from themselves.

You haven't linked to the group, so I will. This is the members list: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ascensionshifts/members/

there is usually a reason that people are falling for obviously fake, pretendian scams. You don't go to a group like that to meet real Natives. I think that, deep down, most people know that.

A friend got access. That group is a cesspool of racists.

It is full of nuage white people lying to each other about their racist fantasies about Natives.

Oh, they exploit other religions, too. Especially religions of "exotic" brown people.  They make up all kinds of stuff about angels and aliens and lizard people and basically anything that will get them attention. They are telling people that edema (water retention) and chapped lips are signs of spiritual growth. Even sadder, not everyone in the group is white. But the ones lying about Natives, and looking to be lied to, sure are.

What a waste of time, space and energy. I don't think people like that can be helped. They want their illusions. They don't want reality. They want their racism and they will pay for it.

Offline shelby7578

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2021, 06:37:51 pm »
OMG...this is my nephew.  He is Irish and Portuguese on his father's side and his mother is French and Scots/Irish/English, judging from her family surnames. None of what he says is true.  He was born in 1978, which means he became a "healer" at 8 years old. Yeah right.   He had no contact with NA culture up until the time I lost track of him when he was 18. I believe he has serious mental illness, but I also believe he is running a scam.  I have heard that he had multiple "go fund me" pages, one which I have not seen is for his daughter who needs a heart transplant??? (The "healer" can't heal his own daughter?  That's only one of the contradictions.)  I cannot get into his FB, he has me blocked in every possible way after I level set him publicly over things he said about our family.  The posts all conveniently disappeared.  He blocked his grandmother after she asked him not to lie to her anymore.  He blocked his own mother because she exposed his lies. 

He also has a podcast where he spews his garbage and venom against his family.  Apparently his newest scam is counseling victims of abuse--something he would know nothing about. He wants to procure enough money to build a "sanctuary" or some such nonsense (a cousin discovered the podcast...)  I am pretty ticked over this whole thing.  I am thankful that you have him listed on a site called newagefraud.   

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Cassidy Dunning, Supposed Shawnee Heyoka to the Lakota Souix
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2021, 03:06:18 pm »
This seems to be him.

--------
https://www.amazon.com/Cassidy-Dunning/e/B00WFRGBHC%3Fref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share
About Cassidy Dunning
Cassidy Dunning was born in Denver Colorado in 1978 to very artistic and creative parents of primarily Native American and Gaelic descent. While their childhood was tumultuous, it was full of travel and exposure to many cultures and ways of life.

An ardent fighter for equality, Cassidy themselves is biologically intersex. Processed of a rare form of Klinefelter's syndrome combined with mild gigantism, they have struggled to find acceptance even amongst the Trans community.

Early on, they were accepted to a certain degree by the Lakota tribe. During this very short period, Cassidy was told of the Heyoka way; a sacred path which encouraged them to pursue a life of Shamanism.

Through years of hardship and struggle, Cassidy believes they have finally found a path of healing between all peoples and creeds. They have always struggled with words, and so they choose to express this path through fiction, art, music and a podcast about their beliefs.

Offline milehighsalute

Re: Cassidy Dunning, Supposed Shawnee Heyoka to the Lakota Souix
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2021, 09:00:43 pm »
i am fb friends with a REAL shawnee chief

wondering if he would issue a tribal statement

i wish all tribes would issue official tribal statements giving these frauds less wiggle room