Author Topic: Pixie Campbell/Pixie Lighthorse  (Read 39819 times)

Epiphany

Re: Pixie Campbell/Pixie Lighthorse
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2015, 02:46:30 am »
Pixie is providing a case study of Nuage. Her branding and marketing choices are all lined up with that market. She writes eloquent, verbose b.s.

On her bio page she claims she has "LOTS" of "animal allies" and "power totems".

Along with the royalty theme here she has the miliaristic thing going on too with the "boot camp." All I suppose in order to market this to white midlife women who want their men and boys to be King Eagle Soldiers. Or something. So we women can sit on our colonizer thrones and play shamans.

Autumn

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2015, 05:16:45 pm »
Something that is very disturbing to me about Pixie is that in the letter that Mads had posted (which she later deleted) I recall that Pixie stated that we are lacking "integrity" in today's world.

I really question Pixie's "integrity".

In the video titled "Better Parenting with Coyote," she stated that she had a "Master Certificate in Parenting Coaching" from the Institute of Professional Parenting.

http://pixiecampbell.com/blog (about 3.15 mark on the video)

This is the organization she was referring to:

http://www.theparcfoundation.com/

I emailed the organization to find out if they offered a Master Certificate in Parenting Coaching and this was their reply:

We do present a Master Parent Certificate in parenting, not in parent-coaching. In order to be a coach, you have to be under our auspices, and you have to have taken correction and attended relationship skills workshops until we can certify that one has excellent interaction skills, as well as parenting skills. I only saw her parent once. I didn't recall that Pixie Campbell became a Master Parent, but I'm sure she did if she said she did. I don't remember her being around that long. We can look into it, but she did not receive a certificate in parent-coaching, and I didn't see any outstanding parenting to make me think she was headed in that direction.

(Since it was an email to me, I am not posting the name of the person who responded, but if anyone wants to PM me, I will give them the name.)

IMO, if Pixie wants to sell parenting classes, that is her prerogative -- but she should not claim to have special qualifications which she does not have.  After all, she has her "integrity" to uphold!

Epiphany

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2015, 06:47:40 pm »
Good work Autumn.

I noticed that Pixie has cover images on her pixiecampbell.com site of rune stones and some sort of animal cards. The animal cards used are the Jamie Sams Medicine Cards.

Jamie Sams is discussed elsewhere on this site. Yells At Pretendians says the cards are to blame for a lot of b.s. Pixie is a living example of this fact.

Despite Sams's changing backstory, the newage white women love her. It's very common for hippie enclaves to have a women's group that use her books as gospel. Her pan-NDN/Nuage "Medicine Cards" are to blame for much of the b.s. out there about "Animal Totems."

Yells At Pretendians

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=688.msg34423#msg34423

This "virtual, four-part, foundational certification program for the student" http://www.pixielighthorse.com/soulodge-earth-medicine-school/ includes:

Creating Relationships with Animal Medicine & Spirit GuidesPixie Lighthorse Medicine School

This module will introduce how a healer embodies her animal spirits and also accesses information from Non-Ordinary Reality in order to retrieve, interpret and apply it in the modern culture. Students will be required to utilize journey and trance states as a portal to higher visions and guidance for themselves and/or their clients. Practical application includes journey, movement, embodiment, song and effective dialogue technique with guides. Ethics/language about how to interpret and relay information is a vital element in this section.

The entire program costs $599. There are no refunds.

Refunds are not offered on this course. Please be certain of your commitment when you register.

Pixie writes a lot about integrity and ethics but that does not automatically mean that she has integrity or applies actual healthy ethics.

Autumn

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2015, 07:57:55 pm »
Thanks, Piff, yes, it is classic New Age.

I don't know if Pixie's photographer is also a student of hers, but she sounds exactly like Pixie:

Her name is Morgan Wade.

I am a daughter of the natural world.

Part pixie, part yogi, Native American blood runs through my veins,
gifted to me by grandmothers and fathers. My feet are bare, my hands are in prayer,
and most days there’s hip-hop playing and a dance party going in my kitchen.

Camera in hand, standing on the same sacred ground as the women I photograph,
I offer you permission: Meet yourself in your wildest heart.  Somewhere in you, it’s there:
the battle cry of your Soul.

http://www.morganwadephoto.com/blog/aboutmorganwadephotographer/

I'm Morgan Wade.
I hail from the deserts of California but have found home in the mossy forests of the Pacific Northwest.
As a photographer and a woman, I'm inspired by what is Natural; be it Love, Truth or the Wild running through us all.
I photograph women coming home to themselves & develop visual branding for creative entrepreneurs.

http://www.morganwadephoto.com/blog/

Epiphany

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2015, 09:16:04 pm »
Morgan Wade is a "coach" too http://www.morganlovesyou.com/coaching-pricing/ Both Morgan and Pixie say they are pixies and Native Americans, without identifying tribe. (I'm personally getting weirded out by all this "pixie" stuff.  :) ) Most likely they hope to sell more things by claiming they are NDN.

Pixie Campbell herself didn't make any friends in this discussion of a cartoon about hipster headresses, she commented:

Are we still on about what someone's ancestors did to my ancestors? Seriously. Live in Kindness, in the Present. Walk in Beauty. Aho, Mitakuye Oyasin. The End.

http://jenmust.blogspot.com/2010/03/native-appropriations.html

Anonymous responded:

pixie campbell, your attitude of "just forget the past" is exactly what this picture is addressing. youre talking about ignoring an issue addressing people that are still alive and well today. So take some of your own advice and live in kindness, but how about respecting the past instead of living in the present, or should i say living in ignorance..

Pixie Camapbell, as "Medicine Keeper," aka, the lady who's spending big time + energy using her Native Roots to fool white ladies into thinking they have permission for cultural appropriation because they have a Native Guru or Native Friend, I'm not surprised on your take up there.

Anyone who takes the time to research you will see that you are teaching work directly lifted from your teachers, and taking public credit while stealing the heritage of those learnings from your students by not acknowledging the source. Nice. Keeper indeed.

Epiphany

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2015, 07:57:41 pm »
I'm a card carrying American Indian (at least part of me is legit) who wears dreadlocks and suffers a mild form of Yiddish Turrets.

http://pixiecampbell.com/2010/12/medicine-bundles-mad-rant.html

(I assume she means "Tourette's".)

Doesn't everyone have a tribal ancestry from somewhere? Don't we all share a primitive undercurrent handed down thousands of years to each of us, they whose customs were so similar in many ways though continents divided them? Does it forward our connection to each other and to Creator to continue to loiter in the past and fingerpoint? Don't some of us who live on this continent naturally jive with the vibe of the history of this land and it's people?

Blood does matter a great deal to some who are preserving an extinct people and their ways. I understand, and I honor it as sacred. And I don't know very much about it, as I was not raised in a household that showed me the sacred way, so let it be said that I only know what I know right now, what I've been taught by my teachers and the Earth Herself.

Extinct?

Offline Zhaanpaxe

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2015, 05:35:10 am »
I have just watched this video about Prayer Ties that Mrs. Campbell made a few years back. It's almost innocuous the way she smudges, throws in a 'namaste' with a Lotus Bud hand mudra now and then, and talks about Coyote. I could almost write this off as just being flaky New Age spirituality, if I didn't know that people did not want their traditions mixed up and diluted by strangers in this way.

Do you want to guess how I found this video? I was searching for information about 'prayer ties' with Google to educate myself about just what Martin Renaud is doing in the videos over in this thread. All I was looking for was some general information on the practice, but I ran into another Plastic. I can see how people can get ensnared by them; they are just everywhere!  :-\

Is there something we could do to bury these kind of fraudulent ads way down in a Google search so that they would get less hits from the public? (I mean legally, of course.)   
"It took Father Schoenmakers 15 years to make a white man out of me, and it will take just 15 minutes to make an Osage out of myself."

- 'Governor' Joe Panenopashe

Epiphany

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2015, 03:05:01 pm »
Pixie does try to appear unique, but her framework is the usual fraud.
I'll start a thread down in Etc. for a search results discussion.

Offline Sparks

Re: Pixie Lighthorse (Pixie Campbell)
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2019, 03:01:14 am »
Sandra Ingerman is (or was) married to Michael Harner.  They both are mentioned many times on this site.  In order to read what is written about them, go to the Home screen and then type in their names in the search box.

For the record: I have watched Harner and associates develop their shamanist commerce for more than 30 years. I cannot find confirmation that these two were a married couple. That has also been claimed elsewhere in the forum, and I asked this question:

I just asked a question about the relationship between Michael Harner and Sandra Ingerman in these two forum threads:

Michael Harner and The Way of the Shaman & Harner's Foundation Becoming a Cult?

Does the poster claim that Michael Harner at that time [2004] was married to Sandra Ingerman? At the time of his death almost a year ago, his wife, Sandra Harner, was clearly a different person than Sandra Ingerman. I remember clearly there was much to find about Michael Harner and Sandra Ingerman cooperating and referring to each other, now that kind of references are hard to come by. What happened?

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2019, 03:28:53 pm »
According to Alameda City, California records, he in fact married Sandra Dickey on 16 Jul 1966. I have found no record of Sandra Dickey and Sandra Ingerman being the same person. Attaching the record. Hopefully the attachment works.

Offline Sparks

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2019, 11:14:23 pm »
According to Alameda City, California records, he in fact married Sandra Dickey on 16 Jul 1966. I have found no record of Sandra Dickey and Sandra Ingerman being the same person. Attaching the record. Hopefully the attachment works.

Thank you! I can see the attachment. I will quote you in the topics I referred to in my previous post, so that this misinformation will not be perpetuated in this forum.

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2019, 11:46:50 pm »
Thanks Sparks! Both for bringing it up (again) and putting it where it needs to go.