Author Topic: Rain's Rants and Personal Attacks  (Read 21032 times)

Offline rain0033

Rain's Rants and Personal Attacks
« on: March 28, 2015, 04:48:47 pm »
This site is a joke. I am an "Ojibway" First Nations and darn proud of it. I have read all your posts bashing people of medicine. You people don't know these people personally or their stories. All I see is head hunting.... Everyone has a story and you should get to know them personally before you make your judgements. All I see here is a disgrace to our people. It would be a good site if you showed resources on how to help the sickly ill and where they can get spiritual help for their afflictions.

"The more they squawk, the more they show themselves to be panicked or paranoid." <----<< A childish and a very immature comment with no substance.

NAFPS takes pride in being called "Enemy"<---<< That subject line to me sounds like panicked or paranoid?

"Of course this post is just my opinion."

Aho... "Manitou"

Offline AClockworkWhite

Re: Rain's Rants and Personal Attacks
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 07:39:19 pm »
^ ...gonna guess that was sarcasm. Trololol, etc.
I came here for the popcorn and stayed for the slaying of pretenders.

Autumn

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 12:32:13 am »
This site is a joke. I am an "Ojibway" First Nations and darn proud of it. I have read all your posts bashing people of medicine. You people don't know these people personally or their stories. All I see is head hunting.... Everyone has a story and you should get to know them personally before you make your judgements. All I see here is a disgrace to our people. It would be a good site if you showed resources on how to help the sickly ill and where they can get spiritual help for their afflictions.

"The more they squawk, the more they show themselves to be panicked or paranoid." <----<< A childish and a very immature comment with no substance.

NAFPS takes pride in being called "Enemy"<---<< That subject line to me sounds like panicked or paranoid?

"Of course this post is just my opinion."

Aho... "Manitou"

rain0033, what "people of medicine" are you referring to?  If you feel that we have wronged someone, then give us particulars.  It does no good to make general statements such as you have.  It is true that in most cases we do not know someone personally, but we almost always take what they have said from their own websites. 

In order to show "how to help the sickly ill and where they can get spiritual help for their afflictions," I think it is pretty clear if you have been on the site very long that we emphasize that no one "pays to pray" and the work we do here is intended to help the vulnerable so that they do not fall prey to people who would exploit them.

Offline AClockworkWhite

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 07:14:13 am »
Rain, you say you're "Ojibway" and then sign out using the classic Generokee term that's actually a Kiowa word... Interesting.
And seriously, though, you are totally right. There is disgrace to our people all over this site. Natives SELLING these services and selling them to non-Indigenous people, whether they're qualified or not. How many of these hundreds of scam artists listed here have been busted simply by someone asking at their home land area and asking about them? Incalculable. When their own tribe disowns them and tells the world they are not qualified to even pray for another human being's meal, that's a pretty clear indicator they're doing actual harm by continuing to practice any ways of spirituality. Especially charging for it! REAL MEDICINE PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE WEBSITES or FACEBOOK PAGES. Point blank. They do not advertise in any way whatsoever except word of mouth among those who know. They certainly do not charge thousands of dollars and burn sage around their head and add elements of spiritualism from other cultures. They are the ones taking away from the medicine. Not this site nor these diligent and dedicated people, native and not. In fact, they're protecting it from charlatans and phony a-holes you're defending, Rain. (And my response here doesn't even include the THOUSANDS of non-Native people engaging in the exploitation of our sacred ways) So.... List just one single person who's been falsely accused here which you know personally and list why these accusations are wrong. We'll wait............ or just don't ever take the side of fakes and exploiters against actual Native people ever again and you can live your life knowing you chose to do the right thing by all our ancestors and condemn the abuses and fraud listed and thoroughly documented on these pages. That's assuming you're actually Native. But then again, we've seen dozens of apologists like you over the years so it's not a stretch, especially if you're financially entwined with a few. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 05:40:01 pm »
Rain, your post of personal attacks was removed. Further ones where you act like a 5 year old won't be allowed either. Kindly grow up.

As others said, please be specific in your criticisms. Which alleged medicine person are you defending or arguing was falsely accused?

It's pretty ludicrous to insist we personally know every person. Do you also demand that no one point out a  con man is a con man, unless you personally meet them?

Offline rain

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 05:55:44 pm »
 :)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 07:20:09 pm by rain »

Autumn

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 06:14:24 pm »
So when someone expresses opinions and not to your methods you call it a personal attack? I guess the word "rant" in my last post you deleted offended you? 'lol'  "Your site promotes hatred.

rain, the only hate you find here is the hate you have brought.  I am still very confused about who you feel you are defending.  Since you claim to be a proud Ojibway, are we to guess that it is a fellow Ojibway that this site has supposedly offended?  If we have wrongly accused someone, we would certainly like to clear things up.

Offline rain

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 07:33:37 pm »
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 07:19:48 pm by rain »

Autumn

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 08:39:08 pm »
Thank you for clarifying somewhat, rain.  I do find the deletion of posts unfortunate since it leaves many of us scratching our heads wondering what was said, but I respect Al's judgment.  I certainly do not agree with you, however, that it shows "dishonesty" on Al's part.

I still find your initial post and your clarifying post to be somewhat in conflict.  You started out saying that "this site is a joke" (dis-respect to us it seems to me) and that you had read all our posts "bashing people of medicine" and that we should never express an opinion of anyone unless we know them personally.

In your follow-up post, you seem to be saying that we are all "people of medicine" and that we should never disrespect anyone since we are "all people of medicine" and we are all healers.  So following that line of reasoning, you feel that any and all posts on this site are "offensive and disrespect another human being".  Am I understanding you right?

Offline rain

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 09:41:10 pm »
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 07:19:22 pm by rain »

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 03:30:12 pm »
Hello Rain, I am Lakota and Dakota and a member of this site.
i live my culture and way of life, and live on my reservation.
I know that if pay to pray you are wrong!
there so many people who abuse our way of life.
so many of the lie about who they are, many claiming to be native,
with no indian blood, this site help with the frauds who exist out there.
if you have names of people who you believe are being false accused,
please provide information, the research section is for this, to find proof
or to find that a person is false accused,
have a good day

In Spirit

Offline rain

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 05:39:26 pm »
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 07:18:25 pm by rain »

Offline AClockworkWhite

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 06:42:25 pm »
Squawking pretty loud now, eh? Place this one in a new category: "Lost Causes"

Offline rain

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 07:11:35 pm »
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 07:18:48 pm by rain »

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 07:45:46 pm »
Omg! Another one going off the rails. And what's up with the weird stories...?? That's a new one. What is she saying?? I'll prove to all of you I'm really NDN by telling some whackadoodle story. Now I've seen it all. You white people are exhausting!