Author Topic: Carter Camp has Walked On  (Read 3030 times)

Offline ska

Carter Camp has Walked On
« on: December 29, 2013, 12:22:54 am »

Offline wolfhawaii

Re: Carter Camp has Walked On
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 05:47:03 am »
This is sad news to hear....I have not been on this site for several months as I have moved to my wife's homeland of American Samoa and just got internet today. Carter Camp was instrumental in my political and activist awakening. He called me a fool on a internet group back in 2003 over the Iraq War. As a Desert Storm veteran, my position at the time was very different then; as a result of his input, I began looking into the background behind these issues and more. I credit him with my awakening; I only regret I did not meet him in person to thank him. Hopefully, the message I sent in 2008 through his sister Casey at the Salt River Pima Maricopa Veterans Powwow reached him and let him know how much I appreciated his words. He will be missed.

Offline WINative

Re: Carter Camp has Walked On
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 02:19:02 am »
Carter Camp was a good man, I met him in 1994 on the Walk for Justice for Leonard Peltier, and as an AIM leader, he was very easy to talk to and you could tell he cared and listened to the younger generation. He called me nephew and I will remember his friendship.
RIP.