Author Topic: MSC's Sidetrack Defending Ceremony Selling and Attacking NAFPS  (Read 13608 times)

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
MSC's Sidetrack Defending Ceremony Selling and Attacking NAFPS
« on: December 24, 2013, 03:57:53 pm »
This site is very often about who is enrolled and not enrolled.  Al educatedindain has gone there many times in posts about so-called 'frauds'.  Algonqiun is a language, a culture, a people.  Governement-wise there are ten recognized 'Algonquin' tribes in Canada, nine in Québec, and one in Ontario.  The border between the provinces Kitcisipi (Ottawa River) is tradtional territory.

You say there is no Algonquin Medicine Man?  Then what is Midewiwin?  Is the story of Nanabozho not obviously a part of that heritage?   That story is a medicine not only for the Anishinaabe put for all people.

Bernard is a traditional name of Pikwàkanagàn First Nation in Ontario.  Matthew Bernard was a skilled canoe builder and chief around the turn of the century.  Algonquin Provincial Park in Ontario is next to the Golden Lake reserve.  With a good canoe in that park life is sweet.

All of this information is easily verifiable. 

What is it that Pete is really selling in your opinion?   I agree that selling spiritual ceremony is wrong, but what about healing work?  Is it immoral to charge for healing work?

His core message is free, and as I understand it is this: All cultures are healing cultures, human beings are built to heal ourselves despite what we've been lead to believe, all healing wisdoms today in the world are needed for us(human beings) to heal, especially in light of the Algonquin Seven Fires Prophecy, hence his website name 8th Fire.

I don't claim what I say proves anything other than to myself.  My experience has been that Bernards are good people.  In Kanata in 2011 a sacred piece of forest was slated for development,   the South March Highlands.  Everyone with a conscience and an intact connection to the earth can see what a huge waste it was to clearcut this area for another housing development.  Among those leading the protest were Bernards.

William Commanda, keeper of the seven fires prophecy belt, was to me the spiuritual leader of this protest.   He was then 97 years old.

I wish both Pete and the members on this board the wisdom to know what is right.

I never knew this site to be about who is enrolled and who is not, it is about who SELL CEREMONIES!  Algonquin is a language dialect not a people, Anishinaabe is the name of the people Chippewa, No a person sell any part of healing is wrong,  i am native
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 12:39:57 am by educatedindian »
In Spirit

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Re: Pete Bernard
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 06:37:40 pm »
Midewiwin is Anishinaabe, not "Algonquin". And this site has both enrolled and non-enrolled NDNs as well as non tribal peoples. We are about outing ceremony selling.

Offline msc008

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 08:05:26 pm »
Anishinaabe and Algonquin are not either/or.  Algonquin is  inside Anishinaabe.  Nishnaabe is what some here call it.  Potawatomi are another part.

I'm echoing NAFPS words in my comments about enrolled/non-enrolled.  Personally it means little to me.  I could go through this site and quote many instances when yall have gone there.

You are the ceremony selling police, I get it.  So whose complaint are you following up on here?

I tell you everything I learned from Pete I learned for free with a small offering in return. 

Offline msc008

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 08:06:18 pm »

All cultures are healing cultures,

Then why not seek healing inside your own culture?

Ha!  What culture would that be?

Offline msc008

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 08:18:18 pm »

[/quote]

I never knew this site to be about who is enrolled and who is not
[/quote]

Take Kymberlee Ruff as an example.  Al (aka educated indian, sky, kathryn, tecpaocelotl) posts not only a denial of her genealogy but a jpg of the dawes roll. 

Pretending to be more than one person does not make it more convincing.  It is humorous though and I appreciate that.

Frauds expose themselves in the end.   As the ceremony selling police it is the energy you put out there that you should watch because it is all you can control.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 11:04:43 pm »
guess i am confused by your reply ???

Pretending to be more than one person does not make it more convincing.  It is humorous though and I appreciate that.

So who are you talking about? Me I am enrolled member of Lakota/Dakota Nation whose husband is an enrolled member of
TM Band of Chippewa or Anishinaabe.
So msc008 are you native?
In Spirit

Offline Laurel

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 09:09:57 am »

All cultures are healing cultures,

Then why not seek healing inside your own culture?

Ha!  What culture would that be?

If all cultures are healing cultures, why would it matter? If you're saying you weren't born in or don't live in a culture, I'm very interested in learning how you manage/d...anything. If you're saying you have too many to choose from, why not pick one that isn't offended by those who "seek healing" of it?

Offline msc008

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 05:14:22 pm »
guess i am confused by your reply ???

So who are you talking about? Me I am enrolled member of Lakota/Dakota Nation whose husband is an enrolled member of
TM Band of Chippewa or Anishinaabe.
So msc008 are you native?

My heritage isn't important, and I would not share it here anyway. 
I know who I am and that's enough for me. 

What I don't understand is why you say Algonquin are not a people.  Obviously Algonquin is a name from a European language, but that's what we are conversing in.   
What does your husband call the Anishnaabe tribes in Quebec / Eastern Ontario?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 08:37:09 pm by educatedindian »

Offline msc008

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 05:29:40 pm »
If all cultures are healing cultures, why would it matter? If you're saying you weren't born in or don't live in a culture, I'm very interested in learning how you manage/d...anything. If you're saying you have too many to choose from, why not pick one that isn't offended by those who "seek healing" of it?

My point exactly!  It doesn't matter.  I was born into a culture I just haven't shared it.    Someone's culture finds them, mostly from birth, and it isn't a matter of picking.

This is all beside the point anyway.

All I'm trying to say is that Pete is no James Ray.  Everything is not as black and white (or red and white if you prefer) as it is frequently made out to be on this site.

Would it have been good if NAFPS exposed James Ray more before he killed people in Sedona?  Most def.  But desperate people will always be desperate and will be preyed upon by frauds from any and all cultures. 

Offline Laurel

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2013, 09:29:24 am »

My point exactly!  It doesn't matter.  I was born into a culture I just haven't shared it.    Someone's culture finds them, mostly from birth, and it isn't a matter of picking.

This is all beside the point anyway.

All I'm trying to say is that Pete is no James Ray.  Everything is not as black and white (or red and white if you prefer) as it is frequently made out to be on this site.

Would it have been good if NAFPS exposed James Ray more before he killed people in Sedona?  Most def.  But desperate people will always be desperate and will be preyed upon by frauds from any and all cultures.

I had no intention of making "your point exactly." My point is, if you're a Westerner, yours is also a healing culture. Why not see a therapist or doctor rather than use, for profit, the ways of people who've said they don't want you doing that?

I, like everyone else, was raised in a particular culture. It didn't have to hunt me down and "find" me (for one thing, I'm just not that damned important); I was born and socialized into it. Yes, it's boring old modern white USAian culture, but you say that shouldn't matter because all cultures are healing cultures.

It's all "beside the point" to you that Natives object to fraud and ceremony selling. It's obviously not "beside the point" what culture you play with, or you'd play with ones that welcomed you. Western cultures are boring, but  Native ones are exotic and different, huh?

That was my point. It is not your point exactly or anything resembling it.

Offline msc008

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2013, 12:47:33 pm »

I had no intention of making "your point exactly." My point is, if you're a Westerner, yours is also a healing culture. Why not see a therapist or doctor rather than use, for profit, the ways of people who've said they don't want you doing that?

I, like everyone else, was raised in a particular culture. It didn't have to hunt me down and "find" me (for one thing, I'm just not that damned important); I was born and socialized into it. Yes, it's boring old modern white USAian culture, but you say that shouldn't matter because all cultures are healing cultures.

It's all "beside the point" to you that Natives object to fraud and ceremony selling. It's obviously not "beside the point" what culture you play with, or you'd play with ones that welcomed you. Western cultures are boring, but  Native ones are exotic and different, huh?

That was my point. It is not your point exactly or anything resembling it.

You may not have intended to make my point, but you most certainly did. 
It doesn't matter if I'm a "westerner" easterner, northerner, southerner. 

There are no "natives" that object to me, unless you are talking about yourself?

When did I say that I went to Pete for healing?  What I said is that I've heard him speak, which was by chance, I did not seek him out.   I simply listened to him and judged his message to be a positive one in my opinion.  The fact that he is "native" really is beside the point.  He could bring forth the same message if he were Asian, African, European, etc.

Western culture is very far from boring as are all cultures.   "Native" culture is no more exotic than any other.  No two cultures are the same from any walk of life.

Sometimes the fraud NAFPS exposes is your own.

Autumn

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2013, 05:53:20 pm »

msc008, you joined this site in April 2013 just to defend Pete Bernard after attending one free lecture and you are still at it.  There is something going on here, but I am not sure what.

May I remind you that this thread is still in "Research Needed"?

Offline msc008

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 10:49:03 pm »

msc008, you joined this site in April 2013 just to defend Pete Bernard after attending one free lecture and you are still at it.  There is something going on here, but I am not sure what.

May I remind you that this thread is still in "Research Needed"?

No, it was TaiChiJohn who joined to defend Bernard.   Go back and read for yourself. 

It is true I've been to one talk by Pete, which seems to be one more than any NAFPS regulars. 

And I do know this is 'Research Needed'.  But the fact is when you do a Google search of anyone who is mentioned on this board they show up as "So and So - New Age Fraud Plastic Shaman".  It doesn't matter if there are in Frauds, Non-Frauds or Research Needed.   So you end up making everyone look like a fraud to the casual observer.   

But if you prefer to believe "there is something going on here" than so be it.

Offline tecpaocelotl

• That one guy...
    • My blog
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2013, 07:28:12 am »
Take Kymberlee Ruff as an example.  Al (aka educated indian, sky, kathryn, tecpaocelotl) posts not only a denial of her genealogy but a jpg of the dawes roll.

As for me, I think you focused on one thing. I focused on her questionable actions.

Also, why not post about this in the Kymberlee Ruff thread?

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2013, 03:47:49 pm »
msc008 you registered April 2013 anyone can look up, >:(
it matters to me if you are native or not because you trying to defend
a person who is native and i would like to know what is your background
to defend this person? If you are a native what nation what band and what family?
As native people we have the right to ask each person, if a person says he is
a holy man is has to tell the people who taught him and his family and he would
not say is from a language dialect.
if you are defending someone who is accused of commit fraud you have provided
no evidence on to show us otherwise, if you were truthful and understood
native ways you would have introduced yourself as native people do, if you stand by truth.
we have many people who come to defend the frauds either by the direction of the
fraud or some misguided individual who think they know our ways.
I explained that Algonquin is a language dialect in which a large group of tribes speak.

In Spirit