Author Topic: Chuck Spezzano & Psychology Of Vision  (Read 505117 times)

Offline moreinfo

Re: Chuck Spezzano & Psychology Of Vision
« Reply #150 on: March 20, 2014, 04:57:04 pm »
i have seen these spezzano's lie before, in fact they're masters of denial. they turn any problem into the vivtims fault,or they wished it on themselves to be sick, or was a rapist in a past life is why you've been sexually abused. i've seen their advertisement for a "workshop" in vancouver bc, it was advertised as the ONLY CHUCK SPEZZANO EVENT IN CANADA,so sign up now , it's your only chance to see chuck, well you know what chuck spezzano returned to vancouver if there's money for chuck to be made, i'm sure chuck will show up.same goes for lency spezzano
as far as lency spezzano goes, her retiring could be another big lie and stradegedy to keep their numbers and money flowing in to her catch stage hypnotist act workshops, i don't believe a word about her retiring,
the true healing field will be a better off place with any cult person getting out of their business, i surely do welcome lencys retirement and hope it's true.
 P.S. i was told that stage hypnotism was banned as a healing method in canada , perhaps this would bring an early retirement, I SURE HOPE SO.
anyway I'LL believe it when i see any one of these spezzano's retire, one of their slogans is STEP UP TO HAVE IT ALL... and from what i see about them is that they really are driven to have it all , with nor consideration of others feelings or well being to get what they want MONEY
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 05:01:17 pm by moreinfo »

Offline Sandy S

« Reply #151 on: March 22, 2014, 02:39:48 am »
Speaking of hypnosis, watching any of Lency Spezzano's "Joining" YouTube videos will give you no shortage of demonstrations of the Hypnotic Gaze Technique. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/LencySpezzano/videos?flow=grid&view=0

There are a number of these presentations where she points to her eye and instructs the subject to focus there. In nearly all them the client undergoes a process of tremors while Lency displays a vast array of mime expressions as she "channels." Meanwhile what she calls "Bliss Music" is played. Here is a link to a pretty blatant example. Notice how she uses her hands at 1:40. It happens so fast that most people would miss it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btxyxm1BHhY

In the next example, the subject's tremors are so bad that Lency has to use some considerable effort to bring the client back down. Start at 12:58:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_hUNATwbFY

This is all exhibited with the premise of "downloading" some sort of vaguely defined force or energy as a "gift." But given the fact the Spezzanos are in the business of retail spirituality and charge their customers such an exorbitant amount of money I should think calling this a "gift" is a misnomer. The subjects in these presentations appear to be Psychology of Vision trainers, including the next example featuring Babs Stevens. She appears dazed and then delirious in the final shots, starting at 9:47 when Lency gives her stage directions. POV trainer Melissa Meyer joins the scene and at 13:03 Lency calls her "my daughter," placing herself in the role of surrogate parent, reinforcing the concept of the Spezzanos as being at the peak of the hierarchy of this corporation with several levels of management. Parts of this YouTube were used in the APTN investigative news program:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fds1BgICdBY

Although Lency appears to have deleted most of the negative comments on the YouTubes and left her responses, one comment by Brian Lynchehaun attached six months ago to the above example survived, "It's truly unfortunate that the Spezzano's continue to perpetuate these scams."

Offline Sturmboe

« Reply #152 on: March 22, 2014, 06:51:35 am »
With special mimik- and breathing technics you can fetch different emotions, this you can learn in a drama school ("founder" Dr. Susana Bloch / Alba emoting).

In my opinion it is a cruel game with transference and countertransference, where Spezzanos exceed the safeguarding border of the guest again and again. In this way you can stalemate someone and force reactions and emotions coming up to the surface the guest normally got under control. The guest is under enormous stress, he / her cry or become angry, etc., maybe the emotion Spenozza mirroring (she knows what the guest want) and / or this emotion the guest cannot control anymore. I think by their laughing - reaction the guest try to get back its controll about his / her emotion and its reaction. But Spenozza don´t let him / her.
This behavior is abusive, even if the guest preconcerted this "session". Normally the guest should declare a sign when it is enough for him / her so Spenozza goes out of this situation.

Offline Sandy S

« Reply #153 on: March 22, 2014, 04:58:02 pm »
Thank you, that is very interesting. The drama school factor, i.e., putting on stage shows is an important element in Psychology of Vision indoctrination. Except, as you say, the main point is not to entertain but to dominate, manipulate, and extract enormous sums of money.

Lency has a brother and daughter in the acting profession. Lency refers to herself as being in "show business" around the 1:30 mark in this "Joining" YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn_9km2_D1o

Would "Stage Show Hypnosis," combining dramatic and hypnotic techniques, be an accurate description of what we are seeing here?

Offline Sturmboe

« Reply #154 on: March 22, 2014, 07:11:56 pm »
"Surrender your mind and replace it through something else, in this case here the thoughts wich imply the wishes of this young man (or another person) by hypnotic techniques"
In medical or psychological way it is not an aim or part of a hypnotic - therapie to replace something. I just know hypnotic therapie using in medicine and psychotherapie, but not enough. But for me it is clear, this Spezzano - hypnotic got nothing to do with the medical or psychological way.

Maybe Spezzano claims to call it hypnotic because she try to look firmly in someone´s eyes, and replacing something .... ???????????
I don´t know if there are existing different kinds of hypnotic therpies,... maybe, but I don´t believe it. Even I don´t know, what kind of hypnotic techniques esoteric people are "developing"... phantasie don´t know bounds.

I think Sp. hypnotic is not a stage drama, what she is doing is demonstrating power, a cruel behavoir, it pressurize, for me she got no empathy for the other people.

This could be dangerous for instabil persons. Example: Some persons live with a second emotion, they needed it to control their first emotion, which are existing through former lifeevents. If they lose their control about their second emotion, the first emotion can come up into the surface. Maybe this person will be overrun by this first emotion and cannot treat or manage this events which are coming up anymore. Second emotion could be "anger", the first "fear", just examples. 

Could this be called "manipulate"?

Offline Sandy S

« Reply #155 on: March 22, 2014, 07:33:42 pm »
Yes. I think we're arriving at the same conclusion but just through different semantics and interpretation of what we are seeing. But in either case it boils down to  what Lency is doing is potentially very destructive. The subject in this YouTube is a good example of what you have been pointing out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_hUNATwbFY

Addendum: Lency claims what she is performing is not hypnosis. In her Ripoff Report rebuttal she claims: "Do we use hypnosis? No. Do we use violence and manipulation? No."

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/psychology-of-vision-spezzano-and-associates-ltd/kaneohe-hawaii-96744/psychology-of-vision-spezzano-and-associates-ltd-chuck-and-lency-spezzano-scam-psycholog-1087019

« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 07:50:17 pm by Sandy S »

Offline Sturmboe

« Reply #156 on: March 23, 2014, 07:22:22 am »
The answer they wrote in Ripoff Report tells it´s own story. Terrible.

Offline moreinfo

« Reply #157 on: March 23, 2014, 05:11:02 pm »
this letter is a hypnotherapists answer to a question asking if Lency Spezzano used stage hypnotism.remember that the "participants"in these youtubes are "advanced trainers and have been hypnotized many, many times by the spezzanos and they  expect  it, that's why they go into their trance state so fast and easy, they expect it and want it to happen to them !! i also bet the participants would even go into competition to see who goes into trance the fastest to show how devote and how quick they"get it"
also one of the reasons stage hypnotism is banned as a healing model in canada is because in large group stage hypnotism, there is no screening of each individual, so they do not know what will be "uncovered" and they do not have proper trained help for them when something really traumatizing is revealed, the hypnotist (Lency in these videos) does more damages to the victim and creates an extremely dangerous situation for them to be in.
already the spezzanos broke confidentiality and are unethical by filming and posting the videos of their victims on the internet , yet the victims adamantly blame others and bully those that question this group or speak up to voice valid concerns, they do not want to hear or listen because they're indoctrinated thet they have all the answers and how dare us that "don't have it"talk like that to them.
the truth of the matter is...
THERE'S MORE THAN ONE OF US HERE,
 and many of us that are here still have objective critical thinking that we're all keeping, no fake psychologist or stage hypnotist is taking that away either.

this hypnotherapist was asked if lency spezzano used stage hypnotism in her "healing act"...
 when the stage is already set and by the victims showing up wanting this and expecting this to happen to them, the answer can only be yes. it's all a staged act, getting the victims to believe they've been healed,
here is a very revealing example of lencys staged "healing act",

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fds1BgICdBY

there are advanced trainers/recruiters for PoV that actually think this is cutting edge healing, i think they call it the "astral vibrational energies from the universe" coming into your brain and then to your heart,all via this downloading  methods and techniques  used by lency or an advanced trainer like in this video posted on the internet, some also think this can be used in real healing centers for chucks victims to show up from around the world to get brainwashed under the guise of healing. i bet a lot of chinese are going to be the new "willing" victims, i bet B.C's first nations are used up now with the public ed campaign about PoV and their trainers

here is letter from hypnotherapist counselor answering if she thought lency spezzano used stage hypnotism.

- Hi xxxxx The stage is set," Look into my right eye" is a simple hypnotic induction technique, this can only be successful if a person is a 'good' hypnosis subject, not everyone will allow themselves to go into hypnosis.  This technique would not work for most but if a person "believes" this will work, it will!

All hypnosis is self hypnosis,  Almost anyone can be hypnotized if they are willing.  You can begin the indoctrination process by setting the 'stage' which the leader and trainers of psychology of vision seems to be very good at. 

I have worked with members of Cults for a number of years, they are all similar in that they set the 'stage'.  As a  Counseling hypnotherapist I can use this title to insure that when I am brought into a school setting for  to talk about how powerful  the mind is and how it can work to enhance your life simply by changing your thoughts, the young people 'believe' they can be hypnotized, I don't have to do anything, I just show up, there is already an expectation that they will be hypnotized . I want everyone reading this post to understand that all hypnosis is self hypnosis, you cannot force anyone to do anything they do not want or believe they can do.

So getting back to the video, this man already believes he can change his mind, Lenzie did not 'do' this to him, he did it himself, he believes it can be done...so it will be done!

Having said this, when cults get into your belief system and people belive that the cult masters/leaders are the only people who can help them...now we have a problem, the members of the cult organization give up thinking for themselves. They have stopped believing in themselves, they now look outside of themselves for answers never realizing the truth..that lies within each one of us all.

Tribal man used to rely on memory and instict to find food, he knew which berries were safe to eat, which water was safe to drink, then the tribes formed and decisions were left to the Elders of the tribe.  The came Tribal Doctors..we began to rely on others.  And so it goes today, we rely on others to tell us what is right or wrong.

There is no way you can prevent cults from forming and cult leaders to stop taking advantage of people. The world needs to wake up. This is a huge subject but simple to understand.  People who have emotional pain chose to run away from it, some will join groups so they can talk about their pain and learn new ways to move forward.  Others will drink/drug hoping to outrun the emotional pain, some choose religion.

The mind is a powerful tool for change but the change must begin within us, we need to stop blaming ourselves for being who we are.  why not us the mind to heal us. instead of relying on others, why not get to know ourselves, most people live theri whole lives nevr know who they are, never seeing the prefection of themslves, we all come into the owrl as perfect beings, we are ll different in many ways but we all have beauty, wisdom and we are all loved.  We have to see the beauty of ourselves, when we change our thoughts about ourselves everything would change.

these spezzanos are still proving to be incredible shitty liars, they have stated they do not use hypnotism but.. the youtubes show they do,

I remember reading somewhere that you can't polish shit, you can try and try to polish shit but it does not work, its still shit , that saying described what the spezzanos along with their 100 plus day "grads" and especially their "advanced trainers" are doing - polishing shit and selling it to the unsuspecting public.

this is why sites such as NAFPS are so important for people to read when they want to better their lives, they can read about a bad harmful fraud group or "shaman and learn to stay away and learn to make a better choice for them selves in bettering their lives
 there are a lot of people out there trying to sell you polished shit. no matter how polished it is.. it is still SHIT
 i am very grateful for everyone at NAFPS they help people to learn the difference
thank you all so very much for helping and going above and beyond everyone else that help to  research groups, whether finding out if they're good groups but especially when they're harmful, i know a lot of people have been saved from falling into a false healing trap by the wonderful researchers at nafps
thank you all very much again and again

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 07:01:48 pm by moreinfo »

Offline Sandy S

« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2014, 12:39:51 pm »
As an experiment I typed in the query "Lency Spezzano" and "right eye" in Google. Taking into account Google has highly personalized searching parameters, on my machine the search engine found this intriguing undated result in http://waatpp.it/people/said-spezzano/

Lency Spezzano: Webinar Progress
Lotta Gaber said... Thank you Lency and I am looking forward to our 4th session on monday. In the meantime, I always can see in my mind your "right eye" and that is a great support through the day. It is a great reminder..:-) ...

The source is given as http://lencyspezzano.blogspot.com/ but you can't get there from here.

In addition, under this query the Google Images mode gave me several stills of Lency pointing at her right eye.

The search also led me in a domino way to this quote about Lency from Lynne Franks, which appeared in her book Absolutely Now! in 1998. Franks is considered the inspiration for the New Age fad-following character Edina Monsoon in the BBC series Absolutely Fabulous:

During her sessions she put on rather corny mood music and would go round the room looking deeply into our eyes. When it was my turn I felt as if she could see straight into my soul. I knew she could feel my pain, and through focusing her energy on me I was able to let out suppressed emotions and tears. I recognised the build-up of sadness I'd been holding inside me since childhood and I was gradually able to release it. At last I was in a safe place where I knew I could let go of my pain and I found myself crying uncontrollably. There are very few people who don't give way under Lency's stare.

Then I was led to this other quote from someone in the APTN Investigates piece about the aftermath of the Spezzano visit to Haida Gwaii. It seems she belongs to a rival cult, but that does not diminish the point she makes here:

In my own experience it felt irresponsible because there was no aftercare. Like I felt like things were like ... blown open like this emotionally ... Whatever was brought up in that workshop wasn't dealt with in the capacity of kind of closing the container and making sure people are safe after they left, and there was some really unsafe situations that arose from ... attempted suicides, yeah.

Offline Sturmboe

« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2014, 04:32:57 pm »
"remember that the "participants"in these youtubes are "advanced trainers and have been hypnotized many, many times by the spezzanos and they  expect  it, that's why they go into their trance state so fast and easy, they expect it and want it to happen to them !"

Possible that is hypnotic? Well, than there are existing more different forms of hypnotic technics I imagine. I read later in a book by Jean Harro that are following subjects are classified under autohypnosis: Common Trance situation, such as spontaneous trance, meditation, intensive concentration, total inanttention, daydreaming, Highway - phenomenon. In autohypnosis there is a shift of attention from external stimuli towards your inner or outside. This is a dissociation of conciousness, in extreme situation it can develops flight or multiple personality disorder, today DID.

I have never seen this aspect under "hypnotic". I think that Spezzona´s work is transference and countertransference, this is in my opinion possible in a combination with hynotic techniques. First they introduce autohypnosis and than combine the work with transference and countertransference makes it easier. For me it is comprehensible, but I really don´t know how it works in practise.

Sandy quote: "... would go round the room looking deeply into our eyes. When it was my turn I felt as if she could see straight into my soul. I knew she could feel my pain, and through focusing her energy on me I was able to let out suppressed emotions and tears. I recognised the build-up of sadness I'd been holding inside me since childhood and I was gradually able to release it. At last I was in a safe place where I knew I could let go of my pain and I found myself crying uncontrollably. There are very few people who don't give way under Lency's stare.
In this case I ask myself how often "hypnotic" is used by esoteric people to flight away, ... how often you try to explain something and they do not listen .... how often do people are so far away from their inner that they cannot decide anymore, what they want and what not .... and people are susceptible, pushed aside in helplesness and fear. In the last point people cannot recognize this allways."

That is the technique I wrote about, the terrible thing is: Normally in therapy the therapist dissolve this at the end, sometimes during a therapiy. The therapists makes clear, what is going on in a reflection. The therapist can use this to find out in contact with the patient what is going on in the patients mind and feeling. They clarify.
It is not a good way to increase the mirroring untill the patient is totaly helpless. These patients in Spezzonas starring group are misinterpreting experiences, turn them into false backgrounds, so that it is easier to flight, they deliver the answers, questions and autonomic, self - responsibility to other people.

"there is no screening of each individual, so they do not know what will be "uncovered" and they do not have proper trained help for them when something really traumatizing is revealed, the hypnotist (Lency in these videos) does more damages to the victim and creates an extremely dangerous situation for them to be in."

At least they let this. They can damage a lot, and it is also sure that they cannot recognize the signs with reliability of the people, who are mentally harmed, even a psychologists with a lot experiences could not be sure absolutely. I even cannot imagine that Spezzona could recognize the signs when she would talk about the experiences during the starring technique.

"Having said this, when cults get into your belief system and people belive that the cult masters/leaders are the only people who can help them...now we have a problem, the members of the cult organization give up thinking for themselves. They have stopped believing in themselves, they now look outside of themselves for answers never realizing the truth..that lies within each one of us all."

Not everybody got a connection to his own inner and to do introspective, find out what emotions come up in which situation, which reactions follow, why it happend, what happened in their inner, what muster of behaviour are existing ... this way could harm themselves so hard that they decompensate. In this case it is important, this person looks for professional help, someone educated, who knows about the different signs of reactions, recognizes when it is too much, explain, ... . It is not obvious to some affected people for themselves what happened to them, they cannot reach themselves.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2014, 04:34:11 pm »
Stirring up trauma, pushing people into a highly emotional state where they relive old traumas, and then leaving them with no aftercare is the norm for most of these nuage, workshop culture exploiters. Wounded, emotionally flayed victims stagger from "peak experience" to "peak experience," from one expensive workshop to the next.

I've been on the receiving end of the desperate phonecalls from people who've been spiritually devastated by these kinds of abusive workshops. I believe these cult leaders are intentionally inducing trauma so their victims will "trauma bond" with them. It's a kind of Stockholm Syndrome, I think, where they see the people who stirred up the old trauma (and caused new trauma in the process) as the only person who really understands what they've been through, the only person who can really help them. They enter into a cycle of abuse, and as much as it is harming them, they've had their minds so messed-with that it can be incredibly hard to break free.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 10:53:26 pm by NAFPS Housekeeping »

Offline Sandy S

« Reply #161 on: March 25, 2014, 12:14:23 pm »
Many cults seem to induce trance using disguised, non-direct methods. The pre-hypnotic strategies available to, and often utilized by, destructive cults include singling out someone and giving him/her a great deal of positive, special attention which then increases compliance to authority, and the use of group pressure and/or the demand that one "take center stage" and perform something in front of others (who are expecting a specific kind of performance). This tactic, called "love-bombing," is almost universally employed by cults.

From The Manipulation of Spiritual Experience: Unethical Hypnosis in Destructive Cults by Linda Dubrow-Marshall, Ph.D. and Steve K. Eichel, Ph.D., ABPP

http://www.carolgiambalvo.com/unethical-hypnosis-in-destructive-cults.html

According to the Psychology of Vision Trainers Manual, "joining" is an activity that is among required activities for the mid-level managers in this commercial enterprise  (p. 20)

http://www.psychologyofvision.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Trainer_Manual_2011_English.pdf

Dubrow-Marshall and Eichel continue

By prolonging trance states, and with the use of repeated inductions, the cultist may become more and more pliable, less critical, more dissociated from him/herself and more apt to accept spurious and even preposterous notions as "facts."

Sound familiar?

Here is another case study. The final 60 seconds of this Lency infomercial is particularly worth watching if you prefer to fast forward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn5k2Ch77VU

« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 12:17:02 pm by Sandy S »

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #162 on: March 25, 2014, 04:12:03 pm »

As has been mentioned, PoV trainers from British Columbia have founded a Ngystle Society based in Skidegate on Haida Gwaii, with which they promote and organise PoV seminars, as well as seminars with plastic shaman Erick Gonzalez ( see http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=3420.0  ).

However, Ngystle also promote the use of pseudo-medical devices in their premises. Although the rates are not exorbitant ($ 5 resp meanwhile $ 6 for 30 minutes), it has to be pointed out that they are targeting a non-affluent community. What is worse, Ngystle are using the community newsletters as a platform for publishing advertising articles and they are making numerous health claims attributed to the devices.
Further info on the devices – e.g. a so-called Amethyst Bio-Mat and a device called Trinfinity8 – are provided by our friends at Psiram:

http://www.psiram.com/en/index.php/Trinfinity8

http://www.psiram.com/en/index.php/Amethyst_Bio-Mat

In an advertising article published in the Skidegate newsletter dd Jan 15, 2009, Ngystle say:

http://www.skidegate.ca/Newsletters/Jan15.09.pdf

[…] A session lasts 30 minutes and costs $5.00.

The Amethyst Bio-Mat is a „pad“ which lies on top of a massage table. As you lie on the Bio-Mat, far infrared rays are passed through Amethyst Crystal. The rays penetrate 6-8 inches into the innermost recesses of the body, stimulating heating and regeneration of nerves and muscle tissue layers. It reduces swelling, increases blood flow and has been shown to destroy cancer and viral cells without harming surrounding healthy cells. The Bio-Mat:
relieves pain & joint stiffness
Increases blood circulation
Decreases hyperactivity
Strengthens the cardiovascular system
Rejuvenates skin & cellular function
Induces deep Delta State of relaxation
Reduces stress and fatigue
Boosts energy & vitality
Burns calories and controls weight
Removes wastes & toxins
Boosts the immune system
Regulates Psychological well being.

All of the above claims are unsubstantiated – the effects have never been proven scientifically. The devices are not acknowledged by scientifically based medicine.

On top of that, the claim of the device „destroy[ing] cancer and virus cells“ may endanger the health and lives of their customers who, relying on such promises, probably delay medical treatment. Another aspect is that Ngystle, as far as could be established from an internet research, does not have any medically trained employees who will be in a position to realise whether clients suffer from dangerous conditions or not.

Claims like „Decreases hyperactivity“, and „Induces deep Delta State of relaxation“ rely on a state of relaxation brought about by spending 30 minutes relaxing on a mat. A „delta state“ must be something new to science. However, this is nothing which lying on the sofa in one's living room wouldn't bring about, either, and this also does not cost clients $ 6. As far as a decrease of hyperactivity is concerned, it is again unproven and unfounded, at least beyond any calming effect to be had by lying down on any sofa at home. Hyperactivity is a medical condition and needs respective treatment by experts, not by Nuagers selling applications of some devices they believe nifty.

Ngystle also claim the device was in a position to „rejuvenate skin & cellular function“. Oh wow – we haven't only got a device to free us from cancer, it's also the proverbial fountain of youth. Or is it? No way. Devices or applications sold with such arguments will have a very restricted effect – the effect of increasing the weight of the vendor's wallet.

The same is true for the claim „burns calories and controls weight“. HTH can any technical device, or rather its inlay of amethysts and tourmalins, burn calories I consumed and control my weight? That's easy: it simply cannot and will not. If losing weight were to be achieved by some mat, or by buying expensive dietary supplements or whatever, the only garment size produced in this world would be size 0.

The claim of the device „removing wastes & toxins“ is a sales pitch often used in the Nuage and pseudo-medical scenes („detoxification“). This claim is rhubarb, too.

Another claim is: „boosts the immune system“. This, too, is quite common within the Nuage and pseudo-medical scenes and lots of soooper-remedies, dietary supplements etc are sold with this promise. However, if you're in a normal state of health, all you need to rely on is your regular immune system. Contrary to such claims as the above, you should rather pray your immune system does not get boosted – since this would mean you developed an auto-immune disease.

The promised regulation of psychological well-being – well, again this can be obtained far cheaper by a good rest on your sofa at home. The device is not able to do anything beyond what your sofa will do for you.

Many of the promises made cannot be controlled by the client and simply depend on clients' impressions. A client believing in the claims and the device's effectiveness will be rather prone to look into the mirror afterwards and be sure they got less wrinkles than before. They expect to have more energy and vitality, so they will feel this way.

Advertising dubious devices with health claims BTW is illegal according to EU law and an offence. I wonder whether this is any different in Canada and how did they get away with using health claims in their promotional texts for the past five years....

All in all, Ngystle bought themselves a few nice money-printing machines: the one effect their devices will have is to generate income for them. Oh, and one of the group targeted by them and ushered onto mats and what else they got in the way of devices are Residential School Survivors.

Offline Sandy S

« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2014, 04:09:12 pm »
Ngystle Society, Psychology of Vision International Association (with the Swiss bank account), Oneness University, America-China Bridge Ltd., First Nations Fund ...

It would be nice to know if the RCMP, Scotland Yard, Revenue Canada, US IRS, Hawaii Dept. of Taxation and other government agencies are creating a chart as they try to piece together the (literally) crazy-quilt of Psychology of Vision and how all these and many other corporate bodies inter-relate, especially when it comes to money. POV is, after all, a business making an enormous profit from retail spirituality and junk science as they prey upon vulnerable and damaged people.

Part of the insidiousness of POV are the fraudulent credentials the founders present to the world. On a superficial glance Charles Lee Spezzano could pass as a professional. But he is far from that. As documented here on NAFPS, his Ph. D. is not recognised by the APA and he is certainly no psychologist. Yet Charles allows himself to be described as "one of the world’s leading psychologists" as evidenced by this POV marketing in the UK:

http://www.povevents.com/?doing_wp_cron=1385780754.2252640724182128906250

If Charles is such a leader, why doesn't he have a listing in Wikipedia? It appears a gentleman named Matt Blythe attempted to file an entry on Spezzano, but was denied because, among other things, Charles was not considered to be worthy of recognition:

http://wiki.verkata.com/en/wiki/User_talk:Mattblythe

Blythe, by the way, has a YouTube demonstrating the "Power of Joining":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M772WwuhP5Y

One of the corporate entities deserving more scrutiny is Spezzano & Associates Ltd. This enterprise has Charles as President and Lenora as Vice-President. Psychology of Vision appears to be merely a branch and front end of SAL.

Excerpts from the POV Trainers Manual:

http://www.psychologyofvision.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Trainer_Manual_2011_English.pdf

p. 4 "The Trainer works with Spezzano and Associates Limited (SAL) to develop the principles, the model and their own process."

p. 4 "The Trainer works with SAL to develop the means of taking the work to communities and people who are not able to pay the market rate for
training."

p. 11 "The Psychology of Vision Trainer Has Access to:

1. Attendance (without paying additional tuition) to the 10-Day Training (each language will be provided $4000 USD towards English translation).
2. Permission to use the copyright, trademarks, names goodwill of The Psychology of Vision and the right to call oneself a PoV Trainer. (for China speak to China Committee)
3. One coaching session every other month from a PoV Coach designated by SAL.
4. Conference calls with Chuck or Lency."

p. 21 "All Trainers who enter the program will have to, at some point, deal with their independence issues at a very deep level. This can be
easily recognized and identified when the Trainer begins to act out authority conflict issues through complaining, bad attitude, or other expressions of the rebel shadow or story. This is the biggest challenge for Trainers in the program. Usually, at some point in the training everybody faces these issues and feels they are at a crossroads. At this point, they may decide to go off on their own (and they do so with the blessing of SAL), or they decide to move forward within the Psychology of Vision structure and take positions of authority and assist with policy."

Naturally these passages bring up a host of other issues, for the time being let's focus on exactly what role SAL has in the POV organization. Does SAL overrule the POV Steering Committee (which also has Charles and Lenora as members)? How many stockholders are there in SAL? Does SAL have other non-POV for-profit undertakings? Where does SAL stop and POV begin?   

Lenora's Linked In describes her as a trainer at Spezzano and Associates:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/lency-spezzano/16/bb8/285

The Hawaii Dept. of Commerce and Consumer Affairs has Spezzano and Associates Ltd. listed as a domestic profit corporation.

http://hbe.ehawaii.gov/documents/business.html?fileNumber=81992D1&view=info

SAL was incorporated in 1990 and the Spezzanos are the only two officers. The corporation's purpose is "TO CONDUCT SEMINARS AND LECTURES THROUGH OUT THE WORLD."

In the tradenames/marks category, rights to both "Psychology of Vision" and "Psychology of Vision Press" have expired. Presumably someone else could snap up those trademarks today. POV's purpose is given as "SEMINARS, LECTURES, SELLING PRODUCTS (BOOKS, AUDIO & VIDEO TAPES, CARD DECKS)."

A look at the POV Trainers Manual will confirm this organization is a cult centered around Charles and Lenora, but even more than that it is a for-profit business selling spirituality at very expensive rates.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 09:53:14 pm by Sandy S »

Offline DoctorLao

• NonNP; AngloAmer cultural/biological descent
« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2014, 05:42:06 pm »
  "I believe these cult leaders are intentionally inducing trauma so their victims will "trauma bond" with them. It's a kind of Stockholm Syndrome, I think, where they see the people who stirred up the old trauma (and caused new trauma in the process) as the only person who really understands what they've been through, the only person who can really help them."

In case it adds suitably to:  http://omgrey.wordpress.com/2011/05/18/breaking-the-betrayal-bond/  ("Betrayal Bond. Trauma Bond. Stockhom Syndrome. These terms all describe the same thing: a deep, inexplicable bond with someone who has hurt you.")

Coincidentally, I see this same subject comes up today in replies posted at: http://www.manipulative-people.com/can-character-disorders-hit-bottom-do-they-ever-change/

That's a site about psychopathy and covert aggression in society ("the phenomenon of our times"). Not cultism, nor exploitation of native culture. 

As a nonDN, I've no personal cultural heritage or experience from which to speak about appropriation of native tradition and identity first hand.  But in current life and times I do directly, personally experience what strikes me as a rising tide of character disorder and malicious aggression - taking many forms, seeking all kinds of satisfactions.  Always the expense of others - whoever, the more the merrier.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 10:52:59 pm by NAFPS Housekeeping »
Gathers Frost