Author Topic: Talking of Rosebud. A fraud about to be  (Read 11298 times)

Offline TimberlineWarrior

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Talking of Rosebud. A fraud about to be
« on: September 05, 2005, 06:32:38 pm »
Well how about this for news. I am about to name a fraud even before they start advertising.
Reading the follow ups about the visiting fraud and Kaya drum group, Rosebud was mentioned.
This woman approached me at the Bison Farm Pow wow and started asking me all about NA history, seeing I had a breastplate hanging in my tipi she asked if it was for sale. I told her a way inflated price and she declared it was too rich for her.
I rapidly got the impression she was just trying to milk me for information, and as the conversation went on not just about history, but then about ceremony and anything else I knew.
She eventually informed me that she's going to Rosebud and she'll ask there, she's been 'invited' and the friend thats invited her is going to introduce her to some Elders.
From what she told me when she gets back she intends to start going round the lecture circuit lecturing on what she thinks she knows and using whatever regalia/memorabelia she's managed to obtain.
So if anyone in the Essex, UK area sees the name Margaret Weeks come up thats the lady to watch. I'm sure that attending one of her lectures could be a laugh, to see what misinformation she's trying to pass on.

^..^

Miamowi

Re: Talking of Rosebud. A fraud about to be
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 07:09:41 pm »
Dang it all..when will it stop..I will spread word of this to a NA support group there in Essex...

Thanx Timberline!

Woh'daq

Offline piya

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 08:54:53 pm »
Think she might just get a wake up call if she goes to Rosebud, and hopefuly understand respect

Piya
To Old To Die Young

Offline TimberlineWarrior

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 10:53:51 pm »
I hope so too Piya.
Hopefully we'll nip this one in the bud before she even gets started, pity they even get that far.

^..^