Author Topic: Real NDN but shady practices - where do we post this?  (Read 4853 times)

Mahekun

Real NDN but shady practices - where do we post this?
« on: April 18, 2012, 04:22:27 am »
I know a woman who is verified Haudenosaunee, but whose practices are in question by many in my community. She runs a "healing centre" that is funded by the government, but money/donations have disappeared with no explanation as to where it went. She also heads up a drum group for which she requires new women to burn their existing drum before they can join her (certainly no tradition I have ever heard of). She has also openly admitted physically abusing one of her husbands - biting him. Overall, not someone I would want running a native healing centre.

Because she is actually Haudenosaunee though, I don't know if more info would be welcome here, or if this forum is just for cultural frauds?

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: Real NDN but shady practices - where do we post this?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 05:53:48 pm »
There are discussions in Research Needed and Frauds about people who are actually NDN, but who sell ceremony or in other ways exploit culture or individuals. If you want to discuss this person in particular, we will move the thread to Research Needed. If you want a general discussion on NDNs who sell out their cultures and exploit people, we can move it to etc.

Hope that clarifies the structure of the forum :)