Author Topic: Michael Vargas  (Read 26030 times)

ValSu

Michael Vargas
« on: July 14, 2011, 04:32:13 pm »
Anyone hear of this person? I looked on site and did search but search came up blank.

Here is what is written to describe him:
Michael Vargas has been a clairvoyant and medium since childhood. His deep spiritual connection with nature and the spirit realm led him to Indigenous teachers and to becoming a Pipe carrier and Sundancer. He has lectured at many schools and universities on Native American Spirituality. He has also advised many people in spiritual matters and has a natural ability of dream interpretation. Michael is a Reiki Master Healer Teacher in the Usui method and also works with the Radiance Technique and other modalities of healing work. His true gift of healing work came to him during his first year as a Sundancer. Michael is currently one of the facilitators at the Salt Creek Sundance. Michael has conducted ceremonies with "Pancho", the crystal skull and other crystal skulls not well known. He feels that he has a very strong personal connection with these crystal skulls. Michaels ancestry is Azteca and of the Chichimeca Tribe. Michael is qualified to conduct ceremonies and will be available for personal sessions.

Here is the site I saw him on:
http://powerplaces.com/peru_skulls.htm

Scroll down to where it says Your Conference Facilitators*

« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:36:49 pm by ValSu »

Offline Cetan

• Hoka Hey
Re: Michael Vargas
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 05:32:50 pm »
"Michael is currently one of the facilitators at the Salt Creek Sundance"

The Salt Creek Sundance - that is Steve McCullough  there is a thread on him here under frauds http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1245.0

ValSu

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 05:37:12 pm »
Thank you I will check that out

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 02:01:03 pm »
He's pretty confused in his claims about who he is. The Chichimeca were not a tribe at all. It was an insult used by Spanish conquerors several centuries ago, a derogatory term that was generally what northern Mexico tribes were called. Means "dog eater" or a low primitive. The term was aimed at everyone from the Huichol of ctrl Mexico all the way up to the Oodham. My guess is he's Mexican with vague family stories.

And who knows why a supposed NDN from north Mexico would claim to be an expert on NDN traditions in Peru, or a knockoff of a Lakota Sundance in Indiana, except for money.

Some of the other crystal skull wannabes are just as confused.

-----------

http://www.sakkaraheartsong.com/home.html
Sakkara is a Mayan Sh'men (female shaman) of the Heart of the Jaguar and High Priestess of Sacred Alchemies. She has become what her sound healing & teachings evokes. Her high integrity with the right use of intention, awareness and sound together assist those souls who are healers, teachers and light workers in unification, initiation, regeneration & Divine Alignment, preparing humanity for the next octave. She now travels extensively and transmits a body of teachings based on Ancient Egyptian, Mayan & Tibetan Mystery School practices for the evolution of the soul and the physical manifestation of Christ Consciousness.

----------

"Preparing for the next octave"?  ::)
I suppose the only thing left out is Atlantis and maybe being the Beastmaster (TM).
She might need her own thread as another exploiter.

Some of the other dim bulbs at the crystal skull nonsense....you can't make this stuff up.... ::) Oh brother. The leader of this bunch is yet another goofy imitator of Lynn Andrews.

----------
http://www.powerplaces.com/peru_skulls.htm
Susan Isabelle is the Keeper of the 13th Crystal Skull of the Maya. She is the only living Crystal Skull Keeper who was GIVEN a crystal skull by the Maya villages and recognized as the skull's keeper.They told her after seeing confirmation of that fact, "TAKE THIS! You will know how to use it, you are the Keeper!"....

Patrice Marty - Since his childhood he drew skulls without knowing why....

He is the organizer of the Crystal Skulls Festival in France, whale and dolphin experiences, and much more, plus travel Initiatory, lecturer and author of the Oracle of the Crystal Skulls.

Steve Rosley - Crystal Skulls Keeper....Steve has had Star Sirius surrounded with Selenite to clear it of all negative energy and to bring white light into it. The skull has been on the earth plane for millions and millions of years...

Andy Hearn aka Indy Andy is a graduate of LaTrobe University with a Bachelor of Science.... ln Peru, Andy Hearn aka Indy Andy, is called Skull Chacaruna – bridge to the realm of the skulls...Her visions turned to Peru, of Shaman clad in traditional red textiles and an Ancient Crystal Skull. She was told its name was S'un Ra Ma and that it was an orangy color...

Keiko Anaguchi channels the Japanese goddess Amaterasu, who is a bringer of light from Heaven. She also channels brotherhood and sisterhood of Rainbow Rays, other ascended masters as well as Light beings from the universe....While she was a consultant to Fortune 500 companies, she used spiritual wisdom to develop and deliver customer service training programs, helping to raise the company customer satisfaction scores to the top three in the JD Power Customer Satisfaction Scale....

Rodrigo Duque, a native of Ecuador — South America, has a degree in Electronics Engineering and Global Technology....His work with the native nations continued after he immigrated to the United States where he was invited to learn and practice the Lakota Traditions by Chief Luciano Perez. In parallel he established his professional career as a Telecommunication expert working for 19 years at AT&T. Rodrigo is currently a Pipe Carrier and a Sun Dancer in the Lakota Tradition....

June May Kortum, Psychic Medium, Instructor, Reiki Master and Entrepreneur, from the Chicago suburbs has over 50 years of experience supporting others by sharing her psychic visions, teachings and healing energy. “You Don’t Need to Be Whacky To Be Psychic,” is not only the title of her soon to be published book depicting her experiences, but it is her mantra for training others...In 2006 June was visited by a group of Angels during a meditation....

Rev. Marta Thomas
Originator of this conference — “Children of the Sun: The Return”
Crystal skull event planner, spiritual counselor.
Guardian of “Paoulie” amethyst crystal skull.
Sacred site essence maker.

Offline KaylaOmimi

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 09:05:21 pm »
Michael is a great healer, teacher, and person. He's awesome all around and a very truthful person.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 09:32:21 pm »
so who is he then if he is so truthful?
In Spirit

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 02:29:03 pm »
Michael is a great healer, teacher, and person. He's awesome all around and a very truthful person.

Kayla, hopefully you are not doing some hit and run posting and will come back and tell us more.

How do you know him? How did you meet? What was your experience with him? First hand accounts are very valuable.

You really need to tell us more than "I think he's super cool!" It's also possible he may truly believe in the nonsense he's spreading. But there's no sign he knows much (or anything really) about his alleged heritage and traditions.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 02:38:00 am »
even at that what does this person have to do with Lakota sundance so many fakes and frauds out there
In Spirit

Offline Paleface

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 08:40:53 pm »
As this would be the first time I attended a Sun Dance, I thought it would be a good idea to do a little research as not to be completely ignorant.  During the course of my Googling, I stumbled across this thread.

Now that I have met and spoken with Michael Vargas, I will attempt to answer any questions you may have regarding who he is.  If I don't know, or have no opinion, I'll tell you.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 08:53:19 pm by Paleface »

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 12:32:42 pm »
so my question who is his family?
Where is he enrolled?
Who gave him the right to do my ceremony off our homelands?
how did he get that right?
This just to stat off
In Spirit

Offline Walks Proud

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 06:22:12 pm »
Did he just start his own sundance about a week or so ago? Who gave him the right to do this?

Offline Paleface

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 11:24:30 pm »
so my question who is his family?
Where is he enrolled?
Who gave him the right to do my ceremony off our homelands?
how did he get that right?
This just to stat off
I'm afraid I don't know the answer to any of those questions.  Sorry.  perhaps I should have stated I'd give you my honest impression of him.  He was rather busy.  My one-on-one time with him was possibly an hour.  So please don't expect too much from me.

I must admit that I don’t understand what you mean by “my” ceremony.  I’d like to learn more.

Did he just start his own sundance about a week or so ago? Who gave him the right to do this?
If I'm not mistaken, this was ran by Steve McCullough at one time.  Although Mr. Vargas said nothing ill of Mr. McCullough, Mr. Vargas was displeased with some of Mr. McCullough's activities, so he decided to leave.  Please keep in mind that he did not offer this to me, I asked.  Specifically, when we met, I mentioned that there appeared to be a bit of mystery on the internet as to exactly who Michael Vargas is.

I simply can’t remember all the names and all the circumstances on exactly how he came to be where he is, so I won’t try.  I’ve been on forums enough to know how any minor detail can be misconstrued.  I hope to avoid that.  Mr. Vargas does not have a computer, so don’t expect see him pop up any time soon.  Although he mentioned that it may be time to venture out to the internet.

If I may offer my opinion of Mr. Vargas; I found him to be a very humble man, that claimed no title of any kind.  As for being in this for money, I believe that accusation to be false.  If this were the case, his very tired old Dodge Pickup didn’t get the message, nor did his nearly wore out jumper cables that managed to get his truck going…just one more time…repeatedly.

I want to make it clear that I do not speak for Mr. Vargas.  Judging by the questions, I’m afraid I can only offer what now appears to be only superfluous answers.  I know you were looking for more, and for that you have my apologies.

Offline Walks Proud

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 12:00:46 pm »
No. Steve McCullough's sundance is running this week. Yes, Mike has not liked some things Steve did but he still went along with them for years and spoke behind his back while being supportive to his face.

Mike is not enrolled anywhere. His tie with Lakota sundance has only been with Lakota people that supported Steve. Why would Lakota people support Steve or anyone else back in Indiana???? MONEY! Steve pays, they come. Now Mike pays, they come. Mike pays Leonard Crow Dog, Mike gets bundle. Plain and simple. Same way it's been for years.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2014, 02:17:41 pm »
I guess paleface I am Lakota and Dakota who lives on my reservation.
I have seen the corruption of my culture and spiritual ways and when it come
to Native people its all about family if you have no family you have no rights to our ways,
Steve McCullough is an abuser who dose not have the permission to use our ways so if this man
has broke off from a fake then it is a fake too.
What is wrong with you people you come to my country, steal the land, water, air, our ways,
now you want our spirituality like it something to own, they you corrupted take short cut and
all you do is too make yourself feel better but WHAT DO YOU DO FOR MY PEOPLE NOTHING!
Thiefs
In Spirit

Offline Paleface

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 07:07:06 pm »
No. Steve McCullough's sundance is running this week. Yes, Mike has not liked some things Steve did but he still went along with them for years and spoke behind his back while being supportive to his face.

Mike is not enrolled anywhere. His tie with Lakota sundance has only been with Lakota people that supported Steve. Why would Lakota people support Steve or anyone else back in Indiana???? MONEY! Steve pays, they come. Now Mike pays, they come. Mike pays Leonard Crow Dog, Mike gets bundle. Plain and simple. Same way it's been for years.
I see.  I can tell you this with certainty, Mr. McCullough's Sun Dance isn't taking place at the same location as last year.  Regarding the split, all I can tell you is Mr. Vargas had nothing bad to say about anyone.

I'm curious as to the source of this revenue stream as it was not in evidence.

I guess paleface I am Lakota and Dakota who lives on my reservation.
I have seen the corruption of my culture and spiritual ways and when it come
to Native people its all about family if you have no family you have no rights to our ways,
Steve McCullough is an abuser who dose not have the permission to use our ways so if this man
has broke off from a fake then it is a fake too.
What is wrong with you people you come to my country, steal the land, water, air, our ways,
now you want our spirituality like it something to own, they you corrupted take short cut and
all you do is too make yourself feel better but WHAT DO YOU DO FOR MY PEOPLE NOTHING!
Thiefs
Well earthw7, I like to say it's nice to make your electronic acquaintance.  I'd also like to point out that I have done nothing to you or your people.  In addition I was born here just as you.  So I suppose I could ask you the very same question regarding what's wrong with you people, but I don't like to make sweeping generalizations and it's a senseless question anyway.  I would much rather ask you questions that are far more meaningful.

I'd also like to point out that I came her to share my opinion of an individual that appears to be a point interest here.  Not to accused, nor to be contentious.

Again, I'll offer anything I can to that end.  All I ask is a civil conversation, as this is what you will always have from me.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 07:09:22 pm by Paleface »