Author Topic: Newage Video Tangent (split from Kiesha Crowther thread)  (Read 12793 times)

Offline czech

Re: Newage Video Tangent (split from Kiesha Crowther thread)
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 04:37:57 pm »
It is like the video message is something like " don't listen to what everyone else says, follow your heart - but by the way of you want real enlightenment you have to give away all your stuff because some big changes are happening sometime soon".  

Exactly, the tone of the video made me think of this phrase "follow your heart" which is so greatly abused by KC's followers now and perhaps newagers in general, and which seemingly asserts the freedom from being influenced by others but at the same time subtly but strongly suggests what such free-thinking individual should actually think.

Also, I apologize that I haven't watched the whole thing, but oneforall mentions:

There is mention of true Native American spirituality as being one of the valid sources.

And I would ask - sources of what? And for who? I may be mistaken here but from what I have understood so far, the Natives do not wish to be considered a source of any "spiritual or higher truth" for the rest of the world. On the contrary, this is part of what they view as spiritual and cultural misappropriation, isn't it?

« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 06:03:44 pm by czech »

Offline oneforall

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 12:28:24 am »
What stirred my "interest" in this video was that KC-LG's face appeared along with others of the Nu-age movement, as those propagating forms of "spirituality" that are bogus.  Now as to the rest of it, it is quite subjective, yet note that even in these circles KC-LG is shown as a "fraud"  At least this was how i perceived it. Also great credence is given to Native American and indigenous wisdom, of which she is NOT included, nor are any of the others.  Peace y'ALL. 

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011, 01:27:13 pm »
Got a message from Sebatian Maroti. He disclaims any further endorsement of or contact with the  video makers. Bolding is mine.

---------

I found on my name search in Google, your website's forum, with strange and slanderous comments made about me regarding a video for a group called Awakening As One, which I no longer have any association with. I don't appreciate being associated with new age scams, nor do I wish to be slandered on a public forum.

All though I appreciate your amusing conclusions, nemesis, Keith and I are not of fact, one person, but 2. We started an organization a few years back called Awakening As One, which we did some peaceful demonstrations/events in our local town of Edmonton, aimed at raising awareness that being a spiritual being does not need to be associated with being tied to any particular religion. Was all in good fun. Keith kept up the name sake after I left the small group, and made these videos 2 years later.

Keith has mistakenly not removed my name from the WHOIS, as I have no association with the organization as of mid-2008, prior to these videos being created.

Not very exciting on the Spiritual Conspiracy side of things, but hope this clears up the confusion.

Kindly,
SEBASTIAN MAROTI