Author Topic: UK - John Hawken AKA Starwater Twisted Hairs Society Shaman / Tantric  (Read 25971 times)

Offline Rose Skater

Re: UK - John Hawken AKA Starwater Twisted Hairs Society Shaman / Tantric
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2013, 04:48:01 pm »
I realise this is an old cold thread, but my query relates to John Hawken. My interest is that someone very close to me is a disciple of his and I am concerned about his influence on her.
Does anyone have any more up-to-date or concrete information? For instance, what, if any, connection does he truly have to IASECT and dodgy massage parlours? Sunshine21 seems impressed by him. As far as I can see his teaching claims to be a fusion of native American, Celtic and Tantra teachings, with an emphasis on sexual energy. He says his American source is Harley Reagan and the Twisted Hairs and Q things that he, surely, invented. His Celtic source is Arwyn Dreamwalker (half Navajo, half Irish), his Tantra guru Margot Anand. He claims to be her licensed UK outlet. Is this true? His YouTube videos seem to me to be nutty but essentially fairly harmless. Should I be worried that an impressionable friend hangs on his every word, which includes stuff relating the first chakra to anal sex. Is Tantra, as practised in the UK and the Czech Republic by him and his followers such as Robert Osborn and Marta Emmitt (also half native American), a secretive and potentially dangerous cult or an empowering self-awareness methodology?

Epiphany

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2013, 05:31:41 pm »
A good checklist for signs of a potentially unsafe leader http://www.culteducation.com/warningsigns.html

Some ideas for friends and family of people in cultic groups and relationships http://www.culteducation.com/coping.html

Rose Skater, have you noticed any personality and behavior changes in your friend? Has she given any money to Hawken?

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 01:25:28 am »
Nothing "Arwyn Dreamwalker" is teaching is Celtic or Native. Go to the main page of the forum and search on these names and you'll find other threads where they've been discussed. These are people who are making money off of people's ignorance of Native American *and* Celtic traditions. They are harmful to both communities.

Offline Lime Tree

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2013, 06:18:45 pm »
His website is now at
http://www.cestytransformace.cz/index.php?lang=en
At the top right corner you can choose Czech, German or English language.

Offline Sparks

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2017, 06:10:29 am »
There is (in a twisted way) a connection between the present thread and another thread which  I just started:

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=5075.0 — (False NAFPS YouTube Channel?)

Offline RedRightHand

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2017, 09:36:15 pm »
Sado Masochism perv parties amid the standing stones. Banging on a drum and telling people it's Native/Celtic/Hindu religion. This is some really disgusting stuff.

"Tantra is a traditional way of breaking taboos in the name of personal freedom. The act of crossing the border breaks the barrier of fear and shame, the moment of liberation creating an energy charge, upon which we can rise to heights of pleasure and ecstatic experiences. The experience can awaken in us a stronger sense of independence from social norms, and our sense of individuality."

Uh, no man. That's not what Tantra is. Not at all. That's newage rapey bullcrap.

Would you buy a used chakra from this dude?