Author Topic: Call for Contributors- Help Spread the Word About Exploiters  (Read 7507 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Call for Contributors- Help Spread the Word About Exploiters
« on: August 10, 2010, 02:55:00 pm »
We're now being hosted by Esowatch, who are not only a cultwatch, they spread the word on all kinds of dubious characters such as quack medicine types.

http://esowatch.com/en/index.php?title=FAQ

Esowatch isn't even asking we pay for being hosted by them. All they ask is we help write Wiki style articles to be posted on their site.

This is a good chance for anyone who wants to spread the word about a particular exploiter whose done harm or spread lies that especially anger you. Know of a fraud who claims to be Cherokee or Lakota, and you're a Cherokee or Lakota fed up about it? This is your way to warn more people.

This is also for those who want to contribute articles on topics. Off the top of my head I can think of plenty of articles needing to be written:

Warnings about Nuage sweatlodges
Sexual predators
Drug use in Nuage ceremonies, esp ayahuasca
Phony prophecies
Nuage groups that are outright cults
Nuage groups that are dangerous militias

Esowatch gets a lot more hits on their site than we do, so your articles will be seen by quite a few people. I'll be posting some myself when I can.

Offline 180IQ

• The Caretaker
  • I never sleep
Re: Call for Contributors- Help Spread the Word About Exploiters
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 07:19:00 pm »
Will the articles we write be translated into different languages?

Offline KrazyKraut

• Psiram
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 07:38:29 pm »
Dear all,

as a member of the Esowatch team, let me add a few infos to what educatedindian wrote:

* Esowatch is run by an international team of people mostly from german speaking countries, but
  also from the Netherlands, Poland and many other countries. You are welcome to join our forum
  and discuss with us, there are special boards in english.
* If you want to contribute to the wiki, you must first write an email to info at esowatch dot com
  and apply. Other than wikipedia, not everybody is allowed to write in our wiki- we keep idiots out.
  As a consequence, discussions in the wiki are done with real arguments. We never had an edit war.

With respect to the wiki articles, we want well written articles with arguments and citations that
prove a point. The topic should be relevant, not somebody obscure nobody has ever heard of. Criteria
for relevancy are own web pages, references in mainstream media etc. I have looked around what
you write here and how, and I dont expect a problem here- you seem to apply great care in what
you write.
My suggestion is that you start by writing a general article about plastic shamans, how to identify them,
their impact on our culture, how natives feel and react about them etc. Then you could add specific
examples, the worst ones first. But this is only a suggestion- all our members have a real life outside
the web, and we contribute only when we have fun doing so.

Hope to hear from you!

KrazyKraut

PS: A user nemesis, maybe from NAFPS, recently tried to register at Esowatch. He/She used a wrong
email address, hence this failed. If you read this, just try again with the correct email.

Offline KrazyKraut

• Psiram
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 07:44:17 pm »
If we find translators, yes. We also translate articles, mostly from german to english. A hot topic here is the so-called germanic new medicine, a deadly quackery which, alas, seems to be on the rise in the US. Here is what we have so far: http://www.esowatch.com/en/index.php?title=Category:GNM
We can prove this bullshit killed 140 people.

Oh, like wikipedia we use a creative commons licence to what we write. I just found that this is not stated in the english wiki, I'll have this fixed asap.

Offline nemesis

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 10:04:20 pm »
PS: A user nemesis, maybe from NAFPS, recently tried to register at Esowatch. He/She used a wrong
email address, hence this failed. If you read this, just try again with the correct email.

that would be me :)

I did try a lot of times but it is still not working

I will try again tomorrow and PM you here if I still can't get it to work

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 01:19:52 pm »

I could do translations for the German wiki.

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 01:26:17 pm »
I´m always here for Swedish translations  ;)