Author Topic: Europe Speaking Tour  (Read 36535 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Europe Speaking Tour
« on: May 24, 2005, 02:27:18 am »
In less than 2 days I'm off to Europe, speaking at about 20 different places in 4 different countries, made possible by the hard work of Barnaby, Annika, Trish, Nina, Ingeborg, Ale, Leo, and others. I'll do my best to report on the tour as often as I can, plus keep up with all other obligations.

Offline TimberlineWarrior

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Europe Speaking Tour
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 06:55:25 am »
Good luck and go have a safe flight.
I hope that I will get to attend at least one of the talks and meet you somewhere along the line.

^. .^

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 07:06:04 am »
Good luck and go have a safe flight.
I hope that I will get to attend at least one of the talks and meet you somewhere along the line.

^. .^

Here's the schedule:

http://www.world-foundation.nu/English-Tour.htm

I wish I could take credit for organising all the English dates, but half of them have been organised by Wendy Upton Shaw and Elija van den Berg. Here's Elija:

http://www.americanindianprisoners.com/Pages/Renegade%20artists.htm

Wendy's organised a date and accomodation for Al at very short notice, despite being far, far busier than I am.

Thanks also to David Meanwell of

http://www.fourdirections.org.uk/

who has publicised Al's tour on his site and in his email newsletters.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 am by Barnaby_McEwan »

Offline AlaskaGrl

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 01:41:39 pm »
Have a good  trip Al  !  
We'll look forward to the updates as we get them...

Linda

Offline vikinglady

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 01:56:58 pm »
I would also like to give credit to my friend Ninnie Hamrén who has made a fantastic job with bookings - we divided Sweden in half and she fixed Al up in Stockholm and along the east coast.

Have a nice flight, Al! And enjoy UK.

See you soon
Annika

Offline AlaskaGrl

Take Lots of Photos!
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 02:17:48 am »
Maybe some of those photos can be used on this site.  

Linda.

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 09:53:26 am »
Al's landed safely, if 3 hours late, and is now on my dad's sofabed catching up on sleep.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 02:25:11 pm »
Thanks for the update, Barnaby.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2005, 12:57:52 pm »
Hello to everyone from Totnes. Been in England for foru days now, finally over jet lag. I've given two speeches which both went very well. Almost all positive response, a lot of very nice and decent people listening and thanking me. One sweet elderly man even helped us clean up afterwards.
I start off my speeches by playing Rollin Fox's "Revenge". You should see the look of shock when they hear Native hip hop for the first time. I was a little surprsied by how reserved English audiences are when it comes to asking questions, but about half of them want to talk one on one afterwards. So far the only bad response has been one person glowering  at me during my speech and another whose part of a local waldorf school getting into a long debate with us. The speeches are going so well that we should almost break even before we leave England, which means that much more monye for the Albuquerque Indian Center.

Thanks to Barnaby for his patience and selflessnessfor helping out with dozens of things little and big. Looking forward to meeting many of you I've only talked with online.

Offline 180IQ

• The Caretaker
  • I never sleep
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2005, 04:05:20 pm »
Thanks for the update. As the Brits like to say, I'll be "on tenterhooks" until I hear your report from Glastonbury - England's own Sedona. Will Barnaby be going along? Watch for RLS to show up over there. He's bound to be very curious. You're sure to at least meet some of his admirers.

BTW are you guys tape recording these events?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 am by admin »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2005, 12:39:48 pm »
We came back very late from Glastonbury last night. Barnaby called it the most Nuage place in the country, but we had the best response yet from the audiences. "About time!" "'I'm so glad to finally hear something like this!" "Thanks you so much!" and "What can we do to help?" were responses we heard over and over. At one point someone called out that they were sick not only of frauds posing as NDNs but as people from other traditions too, and the crowd almost roared its approval.
Almost all of the people were very receptive, generous and just a great audience eager to hear what we had to say, tired of how they and people they knew had been tricked or abused or lied to. Some wanted very much to know how to get involved in NDN causes, a lot said they would definitely come to this forum, and several wanted to email me for further information about particular people or groups they were wrried about.
It just almost could not have gone any better. There was one woman who said she knew two friends who'd "connected with Harley Reagan on a spiritual level" and thar she knew Roy Steevensz and agreed with his cure for AIDs. But most of the crowd agreed with us, and at one point they almost shouted her down. I think Steevens will be answering a lot of questions about the warning I gave to them about him. Most didn't know about his being banned from Hopiland or hurting AIDs patients or association with Ickes.
Thanks again people of Glastonbury, and hope to see many of you in here.

Offline 180IQ

• The Caretaker
  • I never sleep
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2005, 01:07:47 pm »
Thanks Al, very glad to hear it went so well. Did you make a tape recording there?

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2005, 04:20:19 pm »
No, we didn't tape it. I'm told Al's next English date, the last one before Sweden, will be videoed; he will also be interviewed for Radio Caroline, which was one of the original European pirate stations in the sixties.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 am by Barnaby_McEwan »

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2005, 04:42:27 pm »
Barnaby called it the most Nuage place in the country, but we had the best response yet from the audiences...Thanks again people of Glastonbury, and hope to see many of you in here.

I'd like to second that, and say how pleasantly surprised I was at the positive response. I still think it's the most nuage place in the country, but I'm glad to see there are plenty of people living there who realise that 'the heart chakra of the planet' needs to do something about its cholesterol.

Offline vikinglady

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2005, 07:56:51 am »
Just to let you know that Al arrived to Sweden last night. We´ll be off to the Museum of World Cultures soon and then he´ll be on a train up to Stockholm tonight for some really interesting lectures....

We´ll keep you updated:)

And thanks, Barnaby, for all your great work over in UK!! What a good start for the tour!

Annika