Author Topic: Waayatan Tecumseh Ohanzee  (Read 11845 times)

winyan ohansica

Waayatan Tecumseh Ohanzee
« on: March 23, 2009, 08:00:28 am »
 :o  I would like to ask about a guy in Germany, who is pretending to be a seminole shaman. His name is Waayatan Tecumseh Ohanzee and he had a couple of appearences in German TV shows and in the radio. He can feel the shadow of people and is doing some mambo jumbo with it. He says, that his ancestry (grandmother) is from the seminole panther clan and now he is ready to live his indian heritage...
I thought right away that he is a fake, because two of his names are from the lakota language:
Wayatan means phrophecy, and ohanzee (spelling is rather weird) means shadow. Why would someone with seminole heritage use lakota names? or Tecumseh- he was Shawnee...
on his homepage he is selling indian items like dreamkeepers etc.., and he says that those things are produced in "four cormers" by navaho... but they look to me as if they are produced in china!

Because Television and radiostations are pretty enthusiastic about that guy, he has great success and a lot of people believe that he is real... he his causing a lot damage to real indian spirituality and misusing it greatly!
Please check his webside:  www.waayatan.de

Offline Superdog

Re: Waayatan Tecumseh Ohanzee
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 01:40:38 pm »
Definite fake....this needs to be moved at least to the Research needed forum, but more than likely the fraud forum.  This guy operates more as a magician or illusionist.  It's really sad to see how people can be so easily fooled...especially overseas as the youtube vids on the site show.

Superdog

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 08:15:13 am »
What the...when did David Bowie start playing Indian? Or maybe I should say Siegfried and Roy. Since when did wearing white silk knockoffs of a navy admiral's uniform (minus the shirt) become traditional regalia?

Actually he does wear something that's probably supposed to be regalia, but looks more like the cheapest hippie imitation. And using a dreamcatcher about a half foot long as earrings? It's pure Las Vegas, nothing Indian I can see on the site. There's also a supposed tomahawk that looks like it came from a boy scout camp of fifty years ago. Even the knockoffs from Japan or Taiwan are better made. He also sells runes.

Even not knowing ten words of German, I'd say this site is of a fake. "The next Uri Geller"? Geller was himself proven a fake long ago. The most inept hobbyist does a better job of pretending than him.

Well, if he's a mentalist, I'd ask him...can you guess what I think of what you're doing?

Offline Superdog

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 05:52:21 pm »
It's just another example of people using Native stereotypes to make us into cartoon characters or mascots for their entertainment.  This guy's OBVIOUSLY not Indian, but he's using the caricature he's created to set himself apart as an entertainer.  He's more along the line of Criss Angel (who really doesn't raise his arms and fly...even though his illusion is so well done you'd almost believe it if he did in front of you).  Actually this guy's illusions are already a little bit of common knowledge.  One of his mentalist tricks was having people pick his faux Indian items off a board and then stand behind a white paper screen while he pretends to tell the audience what objects they are holding...the trick to that one....the paper is see through when you stand up close to it as he does.  The lighting from behind masks that to the audience, but if the lights were turned off....the audience would see what they were holding too.

It's just sad he went this route to create his character.  I doubt he actually believes he's Indian either...it's just part of his backstory.  Doubt we'll be seeing him on this side of the ocean because he knows he'd be exposed pretty quick.

Superdog

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 10:28:29 pm »
WTO is a candidate in the show "The next Uri Geller" (no further comment) and poses as an ndn. Here's what he writes on his website:

http://www.waayatan.de/

Waayatan, the Shadow Hunter

Is he a magician, a magic, a charlatan? Viewers from all over the world are astonished at the abilities of the Indian mystifier. The puzzle about the shamanic mentalist is only to be solved by those who recognize their own shadow. Have yourself led into the fascinating realm of shadows by Waayatan, the Shadow Hunter.

Now, doesn't this sound impressive? Unfortunately, this paragraph is followed by sheer business:

Get the new Fan-Shirt !

Quite apparently, he calls himself an Indian on his homepage, even an „Indian mystifier“, whatever this may be.

And here is his bio:

http://www.waayatan.de/index.php/Die-Geschichte-Waayatan.html

The Story Waayatan

My Way Home to the Shadow Clan

I was different. I always have been. But I didn't know why.
When the other children at school played, I was calm and pensive. They thought I was strange. Didn't they want to understand me – or weren't they able to understand me? What was it that divided me from them and kept me awake at nights. Once when I had got myself in trouble again, I overheard my mother and my grandmother talk: they said I'd take after my father. I never knew him and at that time I also didn't know why he wasn't with us any longer. I just knew I would find out and my shadow would help me.

Nobody wanted to understand but I was certain the shadows of persons told me more than people themselves. Sometimes during my childhood I thought I could hear the shadows whisper to each other.

I grew older and stopped talking about it, but it never left me completely. One cannot flee from one's own shadow.
It accompanies us day and night, it is always with us, we can never run from it: the shadow.

Our steady companion knows to do things we would like to be able to do: it climbs walls easily, it glides across water and through fire, it cannot be hurt. In Platon's tale of the cavern, the prisoners in chains perceive themselves and all things as shadows on the wall, taking them for the real world. Do we live in such a cavern and what we take for real are just the shadows of a larger truth?

From my early childhood I wanted to see the truth. In meditation, perception is sharpened and concentrates on one point.
Night after night, I sat in front of the open fireplace in my parents' home and concentrated on a meditation candle. But nothing happened.

One evening, I remembered the tale about the cavern and sank into the flickering image of my shadow on the wall. For a short moment, it felt like my consciousness was drawn into the shadow. But nothing happened.
Finally, I didn't care any longer. I got up to go to bed. And right at this moment, something unusual happened.
The candle went out.
I thought it may have been a draught and lit the candle again. When I was about to leave the room again, the candle went out once more.
Then I realized: My shadow had passed the candle. But the flame acted as if I had put my hand on it.
That night my expedition into the realm of shadows started.

The next morning, my mother looked into my face and at once realized something had changed about me. She did not say a word and fetched a dusty coffer. Even before she had opened it, I knew what was in there. Pictures of my father, my biological father.

He was no longer with us since he disappeared during the last days of the Vietnam war. He was a soldier. He came from Florida. I knew this before my mother spoke. My father was 50% Native American. My paternal grandmother was a medicine woman, a shaman of her tribe. She was a Seminole, an Indian of the Panther Clan from the Everglades. I am Waayatan Tecumseh Ohanzee. I am ready for my heritage.

If you scroll down the bio page, there are two photos next to each other. Going over them with the mouse, the one to the left says it shows WTO's mother, the one to the right his grandmother. I don't know what WTO believes about technical progress in the 1960ies, but I know that cameras available then did much better photos than the one displayed on his site. I also happen to know that our style of clothing was quite different from the one in the photos, too. WTO, pull another one, that one's got bells....

So WTO's grandmother was nothing less than a 'shame-on' – this is so stereotypical it's a pain in the neck.

WTO probably believes in the BS he put up on his site. His spelling abilities speak of a somewhat simple mind (there are a few pretty embarrassing spelling errors).
If the imprint at his site has it right, he's a simple and straight Christian Meiler from Cologne in real life. Herr Meiler, you should have stuck to this name instead of posing as a person of Seminole descent using fake Lakota and Shawnee names selling *inflatable* tomahawks!!

Below in German translation:

Im Lebenslauf sind zwei Fotos nebeneinander; wenn man mit der Maus darübergeht, erscheint beim linken Foto "Waayatan Mutter" und beim rechten "Waayatan Großmutter". Es ist mir unklar, was WTO über den technischen Fortschritt in den 1960er Jahren weiß - ich weiß, daß die damals verfügbaren Kameras sehr viel bessere Fotos machten als die auf der Seite gezeigten. Nicht zuletzt war der Kleidungsstil in den 60ern deutlich anders als auf den gezeigten Fotos. WTO, wir können uns allein veralbern....

Also war WTOs Omi natürlich eine "Schamanin" (die indigenen nations haben keine "SchamanInnen") - das ist so furchtbar stereotyp, daß es wehtut.

Möglicherweise glaubt WTO den Unfug, der auf seiner Seite steht. Seine Rechtschreibung spricht für ein - sagen wir: einfacheres Gemüt (da gibt es ein paar recht peinliche Rechtschreibfehler).

Sofern das Impressum der Seite korrekt ist, haben wir es mit einem einfachen Christian Meiler aus Köln zu tun (na, wenigstens nicht 'Schmitz'). Herr Meiler, Sie hätten bei dem bodenständigen Namen bleiben sollen, anstatt sich eine Abstammung von den Seminole zuzulegen, dabei falsche Lakota- und einen Shawnee-Namen zu benutzen - und auch noch aufblasbare Tomahawks zu verkaufen!

Offline Adept

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 01:57:57 am »
His name is Sven Combs not Waayatan Tecumseh Ohanzee - and he´s not an Native Indian!!!!
That is ONLY an artist, which drive in shows or circus as an illusionist.

---------------------snip-------------------

Sein richtiger Name ist Sven Combs - das war vor seiner Verwandlung zum fake Indianer Namens Waayatan Tecumseh Ohanzee

Sven Combs "liefert" auf Sie zugeschnittene und für Sie massgeschneiderte Unterhaltung für Events und Produkt- und Firmenpräsentationen. Denn Ihre Veranstaltung, Ihr Produkt und Ihre Message soll einen bleibenden Eindruck hinterlassen.
Sven Combs
Panturio Magic Entertainment
Mannheimerstrasse 24-28
55545 Bad Kreuznach
Telefon: +49 (0)671 / 9207964
Telefax: +49 (0)671 / 9708893
E-Mail: info@panturio.de
Internet: www.panturio.de
http://www.symweb.de/referenzen/zauberer-feuerspucker-clown-kuenstler-bad-kreuznach__285.htm

Panturio
Ballonkünstler
D-Rheinland-Pfalz
Tätigkeitsgebiet Landesweit/International
100.- bis 600.- EUR
Erleben Sie Panturio alias Sven Combs im kampf mit den Ballons
Der Künstler modelliert Ihnen aus Ballon die verücktesten Figuren.
Zeitlich variabel
Referenzen:
Finden Sie auf der Webseite
Einfach mal reinschauen
www.panturio.de
Kontakt Email
Sven Combs
Panturio
Mannheimerstr. 24 - 28
D-55545 Bad Kreuznach
Telefon +49 (0) 6719207964
Mobile +49 (0) 1705111074
http://www.artisten.info/kuenstler/96/-pan746c810c6-de_qyv72fb.html

http://www.combs.de/

http://www.jedinat-zaubershop.de/en/news/news_50.htm

http://startupweekend.mixxt.de/networks/members/profiles/index.panturio

http://www.show-forum.de/Kuenstler/Zauberer_Magier/800600270005.html

http://www.wikio.de/news/Sven%20Combs

http://www.lifetime-kreuznach.de/tag/sven-combs/

« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 02:11:00 am by Adept »

winyan ohansica

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 05:05:56 pm »
This is really crazy! Thanks for showing the real identity of this fraud! Maybe you could also figure out, where he gets the "Navaho" dreamcatchers etc. from? I don´t believe, that they are Navaho made!

Offline Adept

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 02:14:26 am »
This is really crazy! Thanks for showing the real identity of this fraud! Maybe you could also figure out, where he gets the "Navaho" dreamcatchers etc. from? I don´t believe, that they are Navaho made!

My anonymous tip-off; Made in China  ;D
You betcha!!!!