Author Topic: Happy Holiday  (Read 7795 times)

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
Happy Holiday
« on: December 22, 2008, 06:43:01 pm »
I wanted to say Happy Holidays to everyone no matter your beliefs
keep strong, keep the truth, and walk proud
In Spirit

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: Happy Holiday
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 08:37:05 pm »
Happy Winter Holidays to you, LaDonna, and to all here! Prayers for those on Pineridge, Rosebud, and the other places where the cold and snow have been, and continue to be, so devastating.

SOTY is co-ordinating some of the relief efforts, working to get fuel and supplies to people in danger: http://www.saveourtribalyouth.com/ and for those on MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/saveourtribalyouth    they are sending out regular MySpace bulletins on those hit by the blizzards and what folks can do. Others in the networks there are also working hard, such as Gordon: http://www.myspace.com/pappagordie who is pressuring FEMA and driving a truckload of stuff out there himself.

Even as the cold and snow continue, may the increased light and lengthening days give us hope and lift our spirits.

Sl? inte Mhath! (Good Health/Strength/Wholeness!)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 08:49:16 pm by Kathryn NicDh? na »

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 08:50:37 pm »
Thanks, LaDonna, all the best to you and your family!
Hope you will have lovely days together with the loved ones.

Holiday Greetings to you, too, Kathryn and to everyone else in here!

Annika

frederica

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 09:43:44 pm »
Thanks LaDonna.  Also, to you and your family.  Don't eat too much.  Now looking forward to longer days.

Offline Ric_Richardson

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 11:56:21 pm »
Tansi;

Bon Annee and Happy Holidays to all!

I am sorry to hear of the winter hardships that are happening in the south.  Up here, it has warmed up and is only going down to around 35 below at night and warming up to 25 below in the day.  We have been fortunate not to have had the blizzards, but since we only heat with wood, it has taken quite a bit of wood so far this winter and we are now going out to get more, each day.

We do feel bad for those who do not use wood heat, since with all of our power outages, they are really suffering when there is no power.

Rose is makin Laputin and we butchered another deer today, so we will feast over the holidays.  I hope that everyone is able to make the best out of the season!

Now that the days are growing longer, there will be better days ahead!

Ekosi
Ric

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 03:07:07 am »
Happy Holidays to all! We have a deer hanging (it's too cold and snowy to butcher it) and dried and home canned foods. Going to my brother-in-law's to feast on the 25th. He had a heart transplant in September and is doing well! Much to celebrate this year.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 02:37:30 pm »
It has been cold here on Standing Rock and lots of snow been hearing of people who lost the heat and the tribe is trying to get them heat. We have a wood stove at our place. Blizzard again last night cold cold cold we are having a white christmas
In Spirit

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 03:26:47 am »
So are we. And Washington state, the western half, doesn't do snow well. At my house, we have at least 15 inches. More snow tonight. 2 to 4 inches. Oh joy. We also have a woodstove. Nice to warm up by.

Offline wolfhawaii

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 05:19:51 am »
Ulihelisdi Danistayohihvi (Happy Day When They Blow Up Firecrackers, aka Christmas)

Offline MaryWhiteWolf

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 04:55:13 am »
Happy Holidays to all!!  :)

My sister gave birth to her second child, a boy, today, on Christmas Day.  She and her husband named him Landon Michael.

My heart and thoughts go out to those who are suffering in the snowstorms and to all.

May your hearts and lives be filled this day with love, fellowship and all things good. You have grown dear to my heart.  :)

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 12:52:42 pm »
Wishing everyone health & happiness for the coming year.

Still need to come up with a good new year's resolution? Consider one appropriate for 2009, the International Year of Astronomy; just look up -- experience, learn, and enjoy the changing sky.

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap081231.html