Author Topic: Genocidal War Criminal Was Also Nuage Healer  (Read 16566 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Genocidal War Criminal Was Also Nuage Healer
« on: July 23, 2008, 03:46:11 pm »
I wonder how Nuage defenders will try to justify or explain away this one. The Serbian perpetrator of genocide, called himself Dragan Dabic and had his own Nuage healing practice and website. The photos might be familiar.

And some of the proverbs he chose as his favorites are pretty chilling, given the meaning they would have for him.

-----------------
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article4377240.ece
Wanted fugitive Radovan Karadzic developed alter ego as New Age doctor
David Charter in Belgrade, Bojan Pancevski, Rory Watson and Adam LeBor

The mysterious old man with the flowing white beard who exuded spirituality and became a celebrated alternative healer went by the name of Dr Dragan David Dabic. Yesterday he was unmasked as one of the world’s most wanted fugitives, living an extraordinary double life in the midst of those seeking him for war crimes.

Radovan Karadzic may have been lionised in folk songs by Serb nationalists for his ability to avoid capture. Not even his most imaginative supporters would have guessed that he was hiding behind a New Age persona, providing a bio-energy boost and “human quantum energy??? for clients in a Belgrade suburb.

Dr Karadzic, 63, the Bosnian Serb leader who had been on the run for nearly 13 years, was in a cell last night preparing to appeal against his extradition to The Hague, where he faces 11 charges, including genocide carried out allegedly on his orders.

There was astonishment when police revealed the true identity of Dr Dabic, and disbelief among those who had been taken in. The distinctive mane of grey hair had been replaced by a snowy beard and glasses. His landlord had no idea who was renting the nondescript high-rise flat in New Belgrade.

“It was a brilliant camouflage,??? said Goran Kojic, the editor-in-chief of a health magazine who knew “Dr Dabic??? and published several of his articles on Serbian Orthodox meditation. “He left such a calm impression of a cultured man of great spirituality. He was funny, entertaining and eloquent, the sort of person you wanted as a friend.???

.....Those who knew him as Dr Dabic told The Times that he was regarded as an expert in silence and meditation. One of his lectures was called “The relationship between calmness and meditation???. He also gave lectures on healthy living. During the most recent, visitors were offered free massages, yoga, t’ai chi and lessons in the Brazilian dance capoeira. His website advertises energy healing and beauty treatments and offers to cure conditions ranging from impotence and other “sexual disturbances??? to diabetes, asthma, epilepsy and multiple sclerosis.

Using the name D. D. David, he promoted his David Wellbeing Programme, based on the use of “human quantum energy???. His website says that people are “programmed??? to live to between 120 and 130, an age that could be reached by those who had his treatments. Those who visited his lectures told local media that they were “very good??? and visited by up to 400 participants at a time.....

-----------------
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7520661.stm
Secret life of fugitive Karadzic 

Radovan Karadzic in 1992 (left) and in a photo released on 22 July 2008
Captured war crimes suspect Radovan Karadzic spent years living in Belgrade and practising alternative medicine, according to Serb officials.

During a decade on the run, he had cultivated a long white beard and called himself Dragan Dabic, Serbian minister Rasim Ljajic said.

Mr Karadzic, 63, had lived in a "very convincing" way using false papers, he said.

He even gave public lectures and was a regular health magazine contributor.

"He was involved with alternative medicine, earning his money from practising alternative medicine... he was working in a private practice," said Mr Ljajic, the Serbian minister for relations with The Hague war crimes tribunal.....

Karadzic (right) spoke at a number of health seminars as Dragan Dabic...

Masquerading as an expert in human quantum energy, the fugitive was so confident in his disguise he even had his own website, and would give out business cards during alternative medicine lectures.

His card gave his name as D D David, D D apparently standing for his pseudonym Dragan Dabic.

Billed as Dabic, Spiritual Explorer, Mr Karadzic gave lectures comparing meditation and silent techniques practised by Orthodox monks. He spoke in Belgrade in May, and also in the town of Smederevo, east of the capital.

In one lecture programme, he was billed as a "researcher in the fields of psychology and bio-energy".

Goran Kojic, the editor of the Belgrade magazine, Healthy Life, which commissioned work from Mr Karadzic, attested to the credibility of the alleged war criminal's alter-ego.....

Dragan Dabic's business card promoted him as an alternative healer....
----------------
 http://dragandabic.com/
Dr. Dragan Dabic  Healing from Within: The Ever Increasing Need for Alternative Viewpoints in the Modern World.

Welcome to the Official Web Site of Dr. Dragan Dabic

Dr. Dragan "David" Dabic was born some six decades ago in a small Serbian village of Kovaci, near Kraljevo. As a young boy he liked to explore nearby forests and mountains, spending a lot of time on Kopaonik mountain where he tended to pick the omnipresent, natural and potent medicinal herbs that grew at those green pastures. As a young man he moved to Belgrade, and then on to Moscow where he graduated with a Doctor of Medicine degree (spec. in Psychiatry) at the Moscow State University (Lomonosov). After Russia, Dr. Dabic travelled around India and Japan, after which he settled in China where he specialized in alternative medicine, with a special emphasis on the mind-body control, meditation, Yoga, spiritual cleansing, as well as Chinese herbs. In mid-1990s Dr. Dabic returned back to mother Serbia for good, and ever since then emerged as one of the most prominent experts in the field of alternative medicine, bioenergy, and macrobiotic diet in the whole of the Balkans, and is frequent contributor to the regional alternative health magazines, and guest expert with numerous TV appearances and on many public forums, seminars and symposiums (Belgrade, Novi Sad, Pancevo, Sombor, Smederevo, Kikinda...) dedicated to these issues and topics.

Dr. Dragan Dabic currently resides on Yury Gagarin street in New Belgrade, but for public forum invitations, television appearances or private consultations he can be reached directly at the following contact:

healingwounds @ dragandabic . com

10 favorite ancient Chinese proverbs as selected personally by Dr. Dabic:

- Behind every able man, there are always other able men.

- Teacher opens the door, but you must enter by yourself.

- A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows the public opinion.

- He who cannot agree with his enemies is controlled by them.

- If your strength is small, don't carry heavy burdens. If your words are worthless, don't give advice.

- A flawed diamond is better than a common stone that is perfect.

- Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.

- If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, teach people.

- You cannot prevent the birds of sorrow from flying over your head, but you can prevent them from building nests in your hair.

- The one who gives up his own, should dig two graves.

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

Re: Genocidal War Criminal Was Also Nuage Healer
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 07:14:50 pm »
I nearly fell off my chair when that story broke. Newagers probably won't bother trying to explain it: they'll just bluster and flap in outrage if anyone dares compare a newager with someone so vile.

To be honest it's not really fair; their therapies only kill people one at a time, and only sometimes:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article4380907.ece

Offline Kevin

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 01:23:32 pm »
I caught it  too when it came out -  4 sure, nuagers could care less, he obviously had the wrong kind of crystals or something, or had his incantations mixed up or was invoking the wrong incarnation when they nailed his homicidal butt or picked the wrong time of day to channel the spirits........... he will never walk the gallows, he will sit very comfortably in a nice cell for years ever before coming to trial

Offline C_from_Wpg

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 10:05:15 pm »
I've been following the story of Karadzic (aka Dabic), too.
I found this link to an Irish Times article at the JREF website:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2008/0801/1217368801130.html

Donald Clarke, the author of the article, does a great job of bashing the new age nonsense.
He makes a lot of good points and manages to treat such a heavy topic in a humorous way -
definitely worth the read!

Offline Prairie Fairy

• Political Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 03:27:53 pm »
I'm from the Serbian diaspora, so my knowledge is abstract, but in case you are concerned it is absolutely certain that you guys here on this thread are using a perspective that has been spoon fed to you by the American propagandists. I'm not going to try to argue with anybody here, just, ask yourself who is being served when general outrage over human rights violations and genocide from this world's long legacy of colonialism is given such a relatively small lightning rod. If you really want to show some solidarity with this land, do more research. It's much more complex. I'm working on it myself, but it's a slow and precise process because it is my life blood itself that I am researching here, which as far as I know is not the case with you guys. If there are folks reading this from the former Yugoslavia or it's diaspora who are as sick and tired of the fighting as I am, pm me, I'm sure we can talk. The oral histories we carry are crucial and we need to build as many positive relationships as possible. Here is a link I feel is capable of containing the enormous energy called up here- The Victimology Society of Serbia.

http://www.vds.org.yu/indexe.html

Toward a true and sustainable world peace,

Ainslie
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 04:08:37 pm by Prairie Fairy »

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 03:58:55 pm »
'm not going to try to argue with anybody here...

You just have, without success because I could not work out what you mean. Are you implying that Milosevic has been wronged somehow?

Karadzic, Milosevic, whatever.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 06:06:27 pm by Barnaby_McEwan »

Offline Prairie Fairy

• Political Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 04:11:13 pm »
Ain't it a bitch how different people in the world communicate differently? Sorry white man, I'm not carrying this burden for you. I already said, do your own research.

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 04:27:10 pm »
Er, okay. See ya.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 05:48:05 pm »
Ain't it a bitch how different people in the world communicate differently? Sorry white man, I'm not carrying this burden for you. I already said, do your own research.

... WTF?  Did I miss something?

Ainslie, you're not making sense. At least not to me.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 10:41:15 pm by Kathryn »

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 06:07:49 pm »
Ainslie will need to find somewhere else to work on those personal issues, whatever they are. This is not some sort of online therapy lounge.

Offline zoi lightfoot

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 06:52:56 pm »
So your Serbian huh Prarie Fairy?so I guess that makes you a white european,yet here you are making reference to Barnabys ethnicity.This "Red" gal takes exception to your attitude.I have  questions for you,you ever been face to face with the Serbian war criminal you seem to be defending,spoken to him in person?Looked him in the eye even as he spoke? I HAVE!,Barnabys not only correct about what he is saying but i for one intend to be in the Hague to see this disgrace to humanity found guilty of genocide.

Offline zoi lightfoot

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 06:55:09 pm »
ps and include EI in that "they are correct also"

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 12:29:52 pm »
Cracked gave this case some more exposure.

http://www.cracked.com/article_21335_5-ruthless-dictators-hiding-in-plain-sight-as-normal-people_p2.html
#1. A Bosnian War Criminal Went Undercover as a New Age Guru

Radovan Karadzic was the Bosnian Serb president of the Republic of Srpska, which sprung out of the breakup of Yugoslavia in 1992 and immediately underwent a serious, prolonged, and tragic vowel drought. A former psychiatrist, Karadzic later decided to enter politics. One thing led to another, and he eventually found himself ruling a country as what was essentially an evil version of Frasier Crane.

Once he came to power, Karadzic, who obtained the playful nickname the "Butcher of Bosnia," masterminded the genocide of thousands of non-Serbs, including 8,000 Muslims. We're not sure what they're teaching in psychiatry school these days, but we're pretty sure he skipped Conflict Resolution 101.

The Downfall:

When the United Nations served a warrant for his arrest on charges of genocide, Karadzic went into hiding in the Serbian capital of Belgrade. It was there that he came up with a plan too crazy not to work. He grew out his beard, changed his name to Dragan Dabic, and embarked on a promising career as a New Age alternative health guru.

Dragan donned a hat, a beard, and substitute-teacher caliber eyeglasses, then began preaching techniques such as sperm rejuvenation therapy, energy flow balancing, and radiesthesia. All of which he almost certainly made up on the spot in a panic. He was also renowned for his ability to read "energy grids" using something he called a Multi-Zap Zapper. Dragan was not the best under pressure.

Karadzic was so good at using fake sorcery to steal from the sick that he became a minor celebrity in Belgrade. He lectured to packed halls and had a column in a Serbian magazine. He nabbed a lucrative deal with a Connecticut vitamin company, firmly cementing his reputation as a remorseless monster. He even teamed up with a prominent sexologist to develop his sperm rejuvenation program. And all this time, while utilizing the old Clark Kent "different hair and glasses" disguise, practically no one noticed he was also the former president and infamous genocidal war criminal.

But eventually some keen-eyed super-sleuth noticed that Dragan Dabic and Radovan Karadzic were never in the same room together, and also looked and sounded completely identical. He was arrested and taken to The Hague for trial, leaving thousands of men to live with the realization that a genocidal dictator had rejuvenated their sperm.