Author Topic: World Council of Elders & Woody Vaspra  (Read 42660 times)

Offline Cat

World Council of Elders & Woody Vaspra
« on: May 20, 2008, 03:33:54 pm »
http://www.worldcouncilofelders.org/calendar.html

I have spoken to a good family friend in Hawaii who is Kanaka Maoli (Hawaiian) he says he has never heard of this Woody Vaspra guy..... My question is "Who is on this Council" and why are they running International Sundances???

Here is a you tube vid with him....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR5FYTByxTQ

Cat

Offline Half-Wolf

• My favorite t-shirts are here
Re: World Council of Elders & Woody Vaspra
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 05:18:14 pm »
This friend of yours should contact me to check on the song in Holzwarth's book that is titled "Hawaiian Prayer Song" on Page 3.  If it is one of the traditional songs from the Hawaiian Peoples, they may want to do something about it.
"Live in this world today for tomorrow's children to live in this world."
-Helen Worischeck

frederica

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 05:39:59 pm »
Hard to find out who they are. There is more than one that calls themselves by that name. This one is World Council of Elders. I remembered Earth posted this, first time I heard his name. Looks like has ties to Sedona. http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1549.0

Offline Cat

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 07:05:59 pm »
Looks like they may be in Boulder??? Maybe i will drop in;)
cat

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 08:34:38 pm »
http://www.phoenixvoyage.com/AboutUs.cfm
Native American Coalition / Woody Vaspra
Woody Vaspra (Hawaiian-Chinese), President of the World Council of Elders of over 50 countries, served on the government-sponsored International Committee Studying the Affects on Global Warming, a former Viet Nam pilot, pro football and baseball player, turned skier, biologist and aeronautical engineer and Chief adviser to NVF and the Native American Olympic Steering Committee. Council members will advise world leaders and conduct teachings for the public on topics such as: peace and reconciliation; restoration of sacred lands; disclosure of sacred documents; sharing of traditional healing methods; preservation of native languages and ceremonies; and ecological balance and sustainability. In addition, Council members will help form local and regional councils to carry out the vision of the Elders and the mission of the World Council of Elders, Inc.

-------------

So many accomplishments, but at least some of them are hard to find out about. I couldn't find any site mentioning what pro sports teams he's been on, for example, outside of those that promote him and his council. Same with his being a vet, a biologist, and an engineer.

The only one that I could confirm is his appearance at Olympic events, where he gave a blessing with...you guessed it, Benny Lebeau.

--------------

http://www.snow-riders.org/info_pages/salutesponsors.html
"...with Snow Ceremonies led by Eddy & Betty Box, Woody Vaspra, Bennie "Blue Thunder" LeBeau, Lisa Santana (Lummi VP of NW Indian College), and Akima Casteneda..."

-------------------

Endorsing a book, Five Minute Healing. Why a Native Hawaiian elder would be an expert on chakras, angels, and color and sound therapy, I have no idea.
http://www.whitecrane.org/book.html

At least one of the "elders" he works with is an outright fraud, Maria Naylin/Yraceburu, the fake "Qero Apache." Here he led a group of people to "adopt" flutes on the Hopi rez. (You adopt a flute by buying it.) A Nuager filmed the whole thing to make a DVD for sale or to be given along with the flutes.

----------------

http://www.returntomagic.co.za/hopiland.htm
As Woody Vaspra head of the World Council of Elders pulls up with Grandfather Martin a Raven circles overhead, as the group gathers in circle around Prophecy Rock Kent Romney and I set up our Cameras and recording equipment in preparation for the sharing, Talia from Peru sings Grandfather a song and sets the tone for the heart felt sharing......Grandfather smiles and steps up in front of Prophecy Rock as he hunts for a pointing stick and asks in English if we and the video cameras are ready to begin..... Grandfather shares the Prophecy in English the whole way through, and allows questions at the end...
Afterwards we all take turns in laying down our prayers and offerings at the base of Prophecy Rock, I bring out the 108 Star Children (flutes) and set them against Prophecy Rock and they are blessed by Maria Yraceburu and everyone here....
The DVD of this sharing will be given away to all the adoptive parents of  the Hopi Star Children (Star Children are beautiful wooden flute which Blue Star makes and sells)  (Adoptive parents are those who have purchased or received one!) and is also available to anyone who wishes to have it, Just E-mail me, as Grandfather Martin wishes this to be shared openly and freely!......
In the evening we are blessed with a gathering with Woody Vaspra as he shares story and prophecy from his Hawaiian lineage, Once again I was blessed with the opportunity to film most of this sharing....
We all meet in the evening and gather for a prophecy sharing by Maria Yraceburu, where she goes over all that we had witnessed and as she shares prophecy from her  Quero Apache lineage,

--------------

He also shows up in sites with UFO people.

http://groups.msn.com/soulquestlearningcenter/ascension.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=15061&LastModified=4675626366989027221
"When people ask us where we're from, the first place we look up to is the Pleiades, the star people. But also, there are those down here and, the way it was explained to me is that the star people came down here and we were seeded... and we're still related to our star people, our star brothers and sisters, so we must not forget that. Woody Vaspra"

--------------

Now I certainly don't claim to be an expert. But I thought Hawaiian traditions say they and all life came from the oceans, created by chants from their gods.
http://www.sacred-texts.com/pac/ku/index.htm

A bigger problem for me is that his council does not say who they are, doesn't name any elders besides him. I had to search quite a bit to find any evidence at all of who these alleged elders might be, and even that is very vague:
1. A Hopi named Martin.
2. A woman from Peru named Talia.
3. And of course the imposter Maria Naylin.

He seems to be at many events with frauds like Sonny Reyna, but also sometimes shows up with genuine good people like Oren Lyons.

frederica

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 08:48:26 pm »
Here is all I coould find, and it is just a gathering.  http://www.earthdance.org/sf/hi_elders.html        Woody Vaspara, a native Hawaiian, retired Air Force pilot, Vietnam veteran, former corporate director of several companies, co-founded the World Council of Elders a 501 (c) 3, education organization in 2000.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 08:53:07 pm by frederica »

Offline Kevin

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 05:31:28 pm »
-from corporate director to head honcho of the world council of elders - sounds like a fast descent into schizophrenia to me......

seeker

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 09:36:24 am »
Woody Vaspra is planning a "sundance" on the island of Hawai'i in November in an area that is sacred to Native Hawaiians.  When questioned directly last week he said "he has the right to do this because it was given to him by Lakota Elders who told him to take it out in the world."  He also claimed to be Native Hawaiian.

Hog Wash!

If you look up the World Council of Elders on guidestar.org you will see it is registered in Colorado and lists a Boulder address.  Guidestar is an excellent resource for nonprofit information, even has their 990 tax returns.

Offline Cat

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 03:52:57 pm »
It gets scary now..I spoke with an elder on Kauaii..and was told that some of the elders are going to suppport his "dance" because he has supported the Kanaka Maoli on some rights issues lately..and apparently they believe what he tells them..how do we find out more about this guy????

c

seeker

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 09:05:24 am »
I get the feeling from people who have met him that he is very convincing.  He probably got connected to the Kanaka Maoli on Kauaii through the person he has been staying with.  I looked up the records for the "Council" which lists his name as Lenwood H Vaspra.  At that time (2006) he had an address in Boulder Colorado which is also where the group was headquartered. It truly is scary because so many Kanaka Maoli take people at their word when they say they are indigenous.  A few years ago there was a guy calling himself Jack Happy Bear putting on sweats in 20 foot "Costco" tents for $250 a person on Hawai'i who had everyone convinced he was the real deal.

Offline Cat

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 01:26:11 pm »
I get the feeling from people who have met him that he is very convincing.  He probably got connected to the Kanaka Maoli on Kauaii through the person he has been staying with.  I looked up the records for the "Council" which lists his name as Lenwood H Vaspra.  At that time (2006) he had an address in Boulder Colorado which is also where the group was headquartered. It truly is scary because so many Kanaka Maoli take people at their word when they say they are indigenous.  A few years ago there was a guy calling himself Jack Happy Bear putting on sweats in 20 foot "Costco" tents for $250 a person on Hawai'i who had everyone convinced he was the real deal.
Maybe Hawaii is becoming the new Sedona??? Although I know there alot of staunch and traditional elders there on the islands..alot are also very trusting which leads them to believe the garbage these people feed them...
So the question is.. who are the Lakota Elders (if there are even any)who gave Woody this right to run this sun dance...

Cat

Offline Cat

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 01:55:15 pm »
Just found this - does anyone know Frank Settee? I am "assuming this is the elder that Woody is saying gave him this altar.

shortened link to Google cache

Hello, my name is Kymberlee Ruff, MFT and I have just returned from the World Council’s First International Sundance. The Sundance was sponsored by the “World Council of Elders??? that was formed in 1999 by Woody Vaspra at the request of Grandfather Martin Gash-weseoma of the Hopi Nation. Grandfa-ther Martin said that all of the Indigenous People have calendars and Prophecies that coincide with major Earth shift changes from the years 2000-2012. If you would like to read more about this, you can investigate the web site at: www.worldcoucilofelders.org.  I will explain a little about how I came to attend this magnificent event. I am 1/4 Cherokee and was born in a town in the Cherokee Nation. In the last few years, I have been blessed to be able to get to know the “Old Ways??? of my An-cestors and it has affected me profoundly.  I believe that it has deepened the way I practice psychotherapy. I have worked in the field of psychology for the last thirty years and I’ve been licensed since 1986. In the last few years, I have seen such an increase in the levels of anxiety, dread and hopelessness in my clients and in the world in general. My experiences in the last few years have been the great-est antidote to all of the global fear. The Indigenous People believe that we are at the threshold of a New Beginning where all races love each other.
In 2002, I was asked to come to the Hopi Reservation to meet with Grandfather Martin Gashweseoma. He is the last liv-ing Elderly Elder of the Traditional Hopi Nation. He is the Keeper of the Sacred Tablets of the Fire Clan. Last year Grand-father Martin gave me the great honor of becoming an Honorary Hopi Elder. Last February, a group of people gathered at the Hopi Reservation at Grandfather’s request to make a documentary of the Hopi/Tibetan Prophecy. This is where I met Woody Vaspra and it was at this time that Woody invited me and my two sons to the First International Sundance.  “The Sundance??? is one of the Seven Sacred Rites of the White Buffalo Calf Woman. For many years the Native Americans were forbidden from perform-ing their sacred ceremonies and rituals even though the U.S. Constitution guar-antees the Freedom of Religion. The Na-tives practiced their Sundances and Ghost Dances “underground??? at great risk to keep the traditions alive so that one day, the vision of all nations dancing together would come to pass.
The American Indian Religion Freedom Act was passed in 1978 and this opened the door to begin the creation of the First International Sundance. The Opening Ceremonies began on August 28, 2007 to coincide with the Lunar Eclipse, fol-lowed the next evening with the Tree Ceremonies coincidentally, there was a huge electrical storm in Santa Barbara and around the West that night. The Sundancing began on August 30 where the Sundancers fasted and danced for four days. This Sundance was called the “First??? Sundance because there is to be a Sundance every year in a different loca-tion until 2012 which will be in the Ma-yan temples of Tikal to coincide with the ending of the Mayan calendar.  When I was at the Sundance, I saw the beginnings of hope for the future of our world. There was this moment when I was standing in the Sacred Circle of the Opening Tree Ceremony. I looked around and saw all of the Elders and Wise Ones who were there representing all of the cultures and races of this world.  It was a sight I will never forget. Every culture was represented. The Elders came dressed in their traditional regalia. There was Woody Vaspra in his lava-lava and kukui bead, Michael Tamura in his Sam-urai skirt and fans, Maria Yraceburu in her traditional Apache dress, there was even an Aborigine they call “Major??? with a bone through his nose. The Mayan and Inkan Elders were adorned with bright clothes and feathers.
I feel incredibly lucky to have been able to attend this wondrous occasion and to bring my two precious sons, Jesse and Joe, with me to participate in the events.  The most powerful moment of all for me was when we were gathered together in the Sacred Circle around the Sacred Tree that we had brought up together. The drumming stopped and you could smell the sage and looked around at the cloud formations in the sky of the White Buf-falo. At this point “Uncle??? Frank Settee the Lakota Grandfather of the Sundance spoke. He is the descendant of the last Chief at the Battle of Little Big Horn and the Massacre at Wounded Knee. Uncle Frank brought the Sacred Bundle of the Peace Pipe of Wounded Knee and we all smoked it together. Uncle Frank said:
“I don’t have to tell you what difficult times we live in. We are all here together help restore the Peace and Harmony to our Mother Earth.???

The Hopi have a saying: “We are the Ones we have been waiting for.??? It was a moment in time when I had complete faith that everything is going to work out perfectly on our troubled planet. I only hope that I can carry that feeling into my sessions with my clients.
Please see the next page for a photo of me, Sal Yepa the Elder from the Pueblo Nation and Jesse and Woody carrying the Buffalo Heads of the Four Races up to the mountain. We placed them around the Sacred Tree in the Four Directions.  I cannot even find the words to adequate-ly describe what a magnificent and life changing experience that week on the top of that mountain was for everyone. I can only say that for that short time, we were living in The Fifth World: we were all ex-tremely happy and committed to creating a society of World Peace. I will spend the rest of my life trying to live up to the hon-or of being part of such an historic event.
Asqauli (which means thank you in
Hopi), Kymberlee
Kymberlee has an office at
1035 A De la Vina St.,
you can reach her at
(805) 962-5564, or email
KRuffMFCC@aol.com.
Thoughts and sayings of the H
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 12:10:42 pm by Barnaby_McEwan »

Offline Cat

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 01:56:55 pm »
http://www.ralph-abraham.org/new/fulspec/sedona.html

Meeting Tribal Elders

Sedona Arizona, January 25-28, 2008

A sporadic dispatch from Ralph Abraham on February 05, 2008

Background

Long ago I met Andrew Bailey in London. He stayed in Santa Cruz for a time during the Hip days of the 1960s, and we met again in the 1990s in East Hampton NY when I first began consulting at the Ross School. We kept in touch over the years and almost met here and there. Eventually he divorced, left the Hamptons for points West, and met up with Connie Baxter Marlowe. I think it was about four years ago that they decided to include a short interview with me in a documentary they were working on, and we met a few times to record interviews. The film --- IN SEARCH OF THE FUTURE. What do the Wise Ones Know? --- featured elders of various indigenous tribes. My role, I supposed, was to represent the views of the lost tribe of Hippies. Last summer an early draft of the complete film was shown at the Harmony Festival in Santa Rosa, CA. Some of the tribal elders attended but I was unable to go. So when they planned a further gathering of elders in January I decided to attend.

Friday, January 25

I flew to Phoenix where I was to meet some of the group upon arrival at the "Sky Harbor". Even if I had not seen photos I could not miss John Renesch (like me, a non-indigenous elder), Woody Vaspra (Native Hawaiian, founder/president of the World Council of Elders), and Chief Sonne Reyna (of the Yaqui-Carrizo Nations). After rendezvous and introductory hugs we found Nicoloa Gradon, our ride to Sedona. Two hours later we arrived at the INNstitute, where at dinner we met the entire cast, including of course our hosts, Connie Baxter Marlow and Andrew Cameron Bailey, and also Sakina Blue Star (Sioux, Choctaw-Cherokee and Scottish heritage), Mona Polacca (International Council of Thirteen Indigenous Grandmothers), Wachan Bajiyoperak and wife and daughter (Incas from Cuzco, Peru),  and some Sedona regulars who dropped by, such as Suzy Chaffee, the 1968 Olympic skier from Rutland, Vermont, and cofounder of the Native Voices Foundation, and Adam Yellowbird.

Saturday, January 26

This whole day was devoted to a public event, opened with a dance and ritual by the Inca family. Each elder gave a brief exhortation, then the audience participated in a talking circle. The day closed with a performance of tribal chants with Adam Yellowbird, Chief Sonne, and Woody Vaspra. Revolutionary socializing filled the evening and into the night, with me and John Renesch boggled by a plethora of native stories, myths, alternative histories, and so on. This crowd has a lot of fun and warm hugs.

Sunday, January 27

Breakfast and the whole day we continued the subtext of the public event: our own private gathering of elders. In addition to more stories, myths, tribal lore, and so on, we learned of various efforts to unify indigenous peoples all over the globe, send native teams to the Olympics, recover native lands, etc.

Monday, January 28

I flew home. Most memorable, for me was the revelation of the global integrative movement involving the World Council of Elders, the International Sundance Movement, the International Council of Thirteen Indigenous Grandmothers, and the Eagle-Condor Project. The tribal elders are fully functional with the internet, and are rapidly evolving an intentional global society. Besides grokking the global system comprising biosphere and human population, and the primacy of love, they are given to good times, hospitality, much laughter, and of course, high wisdom.
Links:

* Visioning the Future
    * In Search of the Future
    * World Council of Elders
    * The INNstitute at Sedona
    * The Native Voices foundation

« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 02:01:36 pm by Ponshe Humma »

Offline Cat

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 02:17:59 pm »
I tried to attach a jpeg of Woody with something that looks like a sundance crown but..it appears to be one of those plastic leis?????? If it doesnt upload here is the link...
http://www.robertdespain.com/node/120

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 03:04:28 pm »
"Kymberlee Ruff, MFT and I have just returned from the World Council’s First International Sundance. The Sundance was sponsored by the “World Council of Elders??? that was formed in 1999 by Woody Vaspra at the request of Grandfather Martin Gash-weseoma of the Hopi Nation. "

And yet on Ruff's online workshop and seminar selling site, it says this:

http://www.thedreammasters.org/hopi/martingashweseoma.php
"I get dozens of emails a month for Grandfather Martin requesting he look at websites, come to events or call people. At this time he does not want to travel at all to anywhere. He cannot hear and does not use computers or phones. So, please know these requests will not be fulfilled. -Lisa"

It appears Gashweseoma is  very elderly and ailing and being badly used, much like Roy Steevensz did to a Hopi elder.

Some other strange things on that site.

"A note from Kymberlee Ruff....
Dear Friends,
....Miriam Delicado drove all the way from CANADA when to talk to the Hopi Tribal Council. Even though in the end, they said "No", they almost agreed and it was still the respectful way to proceed."

But you went ahead and did it anyway. So you were not being respectful.

"I also would like to thank Michael Mohoric who did a Qigong session IN the car on the road driving through the Navaho reservation when the Navaho police stopped us."

What the...?

"The trip was an enormous success. The Hopi Tribal Council said that we could not film on Hopi land so we went to the Painted Desert.

Bet you're proud of yourself, weaseling around what the elected Hopi officials explictly told you not to do.

Bio of Lisa Rhyne, that Ruff works with on dream masters:

"....a promoter for the biggest names in entertainment including Dolly Parton, Willie Nelson, Vince Gill, Garth Brooks....a guest correspondent on A Current Affair and has also been a featured guest on numerous international talk shows such as The Phil Donohue Show, Eye to Eye with Connie Chung, The Maury Povich Show, The Jane Whitney Show, CNBC's America's Talking and The Oprah Winfrey Show....

Her studies are nurtured and guided by some of the greatest living Teachers, Mystics, Healers and Shamans including Hopi Elder Martin Gashweseoma, Hank Wesselman & Jill Kuykendall, Alberto Villoldo...but most are in other Dimensions and those realms of Light and Love - the ethereal realms....

Lisa's Certifications and Trainings:
Bachelor of Science in Telecommunications/Theater from Ball State University
Master Hypnotist<<<
Master Ericksonian Hypnotist<<<
Master Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)<<<(commonly used by cult leaders to control others)
Master Trainer of NLP
Master Practitioner of Creation Technologies™
Master of Neurological Repatterning
Master Results Coach
Master Performance Consultant
Chekhov Technique Master
Yuen Method of Chinese Energetics/Energetic Healing
Matrix Energetics"

Here Ruff claims to be an "honorary Hopi elder" and "carrier of the Tibetan/Hopi prophecy." She tried to set up an event for fraud Maria Naylin/Yraceburu.
  http://sanjosecircle.com/category/special-events/

And here she claims to be a Cherokee shaman.
http://realityshifters.com/pages/archives/jun08.html

Back to the worldcouncil link and Ruff:

"I am 1/4 Cherokee and was born in a town in the Cherokee Nation."

What town? Which of the three Cherokee tribes? And it's been my experience that it's PODIAs who say "part tribe X."

"In the last few years, I have been blessed to be able to get to know the “Old Ways??? of my An-cestors and it has affected me profoundly."

There's nothing even vaguely Cherokee I can see in what she does.

"I have worked in the field of psychology for the last thirty years and I’ve been licensed since 1986."

Working unlicensed for 10 years?

"...Grandfather Martin Gashweseoma. He is the last liv-ing Elderly Elder of the Traditional Hopi Nation."

Oh please, more racist "traditional Indians are dying off" nonsense.

" Last February, a group of people gathered at the Hopi Reservation at Grandfather’s request to make a documentary of the Hopi/Tibetan Prophecy. This is where I met Woody Vaspra and it was at this time that Woody invited me and my two sons to the First International Sundance."

It's not the first one by a long shot, you just claim it is.

"The American Indian Religion Freedom Act was passed in 1978 and this opened the door to begin the creation of the First International Sundance. The Opening Ceremonies began on August 28, 2007"

Why did it take you almost 30 years then?

"Every culture was represented.... There was Woody Vaspra in his lava-lava and kukui bead, Michael Tamura in his Sam-urai skirt and fans, Maria Yraceburu in her traditional Apache dress, there was even an Aborigine they call “Major??? with a bone through his nose. The Mayan and Inkan Elders were adorned with bright clothes and feathers."

There's thousands of cultures that aren't represented, and at least two of those elders are frauds. Three counting Ruff. One man cannot make you an "elder."

"....Frank Settee the Lakota Grandfather of the Sundance spoke. He is the descendant of the last Chief at the Battle of Little Big Horn and the Massacre at Wounded Knee."

Big Foot was the chief at Wounded Knee, and he was killed along with most of his family.

"Uncle Frank brought the Sacred Bundle of the Peace Pipe of Wounded Knee and we all smoked it together."

Smoking a bundle? Maybe she just worded that wrong.

Found these on Settee:
http://www.shared-vision.com/20061101/the_healer
http://www.hellocoolworld.com/assets/WAVAW_GCC_Smudge_Backgrounder2.pdf

He looks to be a serious man. Perhaps he's unaware of just what this "council" really is and is up to.

"The Hopi have a saying: “We are the Ones we have been waiting for.???

We have a thread on that. It was a Black civil rights leader who first said that.

"Please see the next page for a photo of me, Sal Yepa the Elder from the Pueblo Nation"

Yepa is a pottery maker and artist who is promoted by the fraud Naylin/Yraceburu.

"I can only say that for that short time, we were living in The Fifth World."

Don't the prophecies say that this already is the Fifth World?