Author Topic: Sandra Ingerman  (Read 19851 times)

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Sandra Ingerman
« on: March 05, 2016, 12:05:36 am »
Can't believe we don't have a thread on her already. If you do a search on the main page, her name comes up as a teacher of many of the frauds listed here. So just for that, she  gets to go straight to frauds.

Ingerman is a licensed marriage and family therapist and professional mental health counselor. She is also a board-certified expert on traumatic stress.. She also teaches, wites about and practices "soul retrieval" and "shamanism."  She was trained by another known fraud, Michael Harner.

She has several websites, is on Facebook, Twitter and Huffington Post. (Shame on HuffPo for promoting frauds and cultural thieves.) Her latest on FB is her new video coming out (from some place called "Sounds True" which I found ironic.) You can comment but negative comments are removed quickly.

https://www.facebook.com/manyvoicesonejourney/posts/10153945890859719.

http://www.sandraingerman.com/

Bio:

Sandra Ingerman, MA, is an award winning author of ten books, including Soul Retrieval: Mending the Fragmented Self, Medicine for the Earth: How to Heal Personal and Environmental Toxins and Walking in Light: The Everyday Empowerment of Shamanic Life. She is the presenter of seven audio programs produced by Sounds True, and she is the creator of the Transmutation App. Sandra is a world renowned teacher of shamanism and has been teaching for more than 30 years. She teaches workshops internationally on shamanic journeying, healing, and reversing environmental pollution using spiritual methods. Sandra is recognized for bridging ancient cross-cultural healing methods into our modern culture addressing the needs of our times.

www.shamanicteachers.com

Oh, she's on youtube but I don't have the stomach to look at her stuff today. Of course her stuff sells on amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Sandra-Ingerman/e/B001IOBEHA
So, she's prolific, she's all over and she trains frauds.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 12:55:58 am by debbieredbear »

onlytruthremains

Re: Sandra Ingerman
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 01:19:02 am »
I'm surprised you didn't already have her listed also. She is a huge name in the faux-shaman business.

Ingerman is one of the most well-known and prolific of the Western white shamans, peddling a special brand of new-age "shamanism" that appeals to mostly other middle-aged affluent white women.

Her bio states: "Sandra is recognized for bridging ancient cross-cultural healing methods into our modern culture addressing the needs of our times". It's uncertain where she received her initiations into shamanism. She gives no details for her purported training.

There seems to be certain type of middle aged (often) Jewish American woman who claims knowledge of shamanism that is often mixed with eastern religions like Buddhism.

Ruth Schwartz is a similar type of  "shaman" http://evolutionarysupport.com/professional-bio/ .

She received her shamanic training from Foundation of the Sacred Stream in Berkeley, a kind of new age center where students can learn "applied shamanism" in a short of amount of time.

There is not a single indigenous person on their staff: https://www.sacredstream.org/staff/

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 04:14:38 pm »
Thanks for your input! I also notice that many of these "shamans" attract upper middle class white women. In fact, near where I live, there is a hot bed of upper middle class to well to do white women who are always following the latest "shaman." I always say they have more money then brains.

Feel free to start threads in our "Research Needed" section on any of these people you know about. Only mods can start or move threads to frauds.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 04:17:37 pm by debbieredbear »

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 05:19:14 pm »
You too can join Sandra for a virtual who's who of frauds. For a fee of course!

http://enews.soundstrue.com/public/?q=preview_message&fn=Link&t=1&ssid=17613&id=97yj04vktg4jbpuruin80y0fm5r73&id2=ji600nmxfv09gz8kyxg4j3wcbx6xs&subscriber_id=axblwddcucwefzllwdnavopogvnebpe&delivery_id=agwncowywtfiqqoomiygsfajdxykbbf&messageversion_id=bfxgxkfcxhkxafpunfiotybmwywqbgi&tid=3.RM0._VlE.BEqw.eWsJ..yEbs.b..s.hcU.a.VvBn2A.VvBsHQ.KvJCZQ

Dear Sounds True Friend,

This is a final courtesy reminder that in just 24 hours we will be gathering for the first blessing ceremony with Sandra Ingerman as part of our new Year of Ceremony membership program.

For the next 13 lunar months and beyond, members of Year of Ceremony will have access to shamanic practitioners who will lead us in ceremony and ritual. You can find out all the details and join us for this first ceremony here:

Click here to join us for Year of Ceremony.

Here’s a list of the shamanic practitioners who will be participating and their topics:
1.Sandra Ingerman: Blessing Ceremony for Year of Ceremony
2.José Luis Stevens: A Shamanic Alignment to a New Global Vibration
3.Christina Pratt: Awakening the Courageous Heart
4.Llyn “Cedar” Roberts: Owl Medicine at Solstice Moon
5.Hank Wesselman, PhD: Ancestral Lineage Healing
6.Julie Kramer: The Chalice of Loss and Transition
7.Claude Poncelet, PhD: The Cosmos, Our Home
8.Alberto Villoldo, PhD, and Marcela Lobos: The Rite of the Womb: Return to the Earth Mother
9.Jonathan Horwitz: Watering the Seeds of Peace
10.Evelyn Rysdyk: Calling on Ancestral Spirits to Heal Genetic Trauma
11.don Oscar Miro-Quesada: Teqsemuyoq Sonqon Wachuchiy Aknana: Heart of the Universe Alignment Ritual
12.Luisah Teish: Ebbo L’Ori—Perfecting Alignment of Spirit, Head, Heart, and Hands
13.Sandra Ingerman: Healing Yourself and the World through Being and Shining Your Light

We invite you to become an essential part of an interconnected shamanic community today:

Click here to join us for Year of Ceremony.

As a member of the program, each lunar month you will receive: a live training and ceremony that are downloadable, group breakout sessions, live Q&A after the ceremony, access to the private Facebook group, and monthly bonus material from each presenter.

In appreciation,
Mitchell Clute
Sounds True Host for Year of Ceremony

P.S. This program is perfect for those wanting to develop a shamanic practice, as well as those wanting to deepen their exploration of shamanism.

P.P.S. This is a monthly subscription that comes with a complete money-back guarantee so you can try it completely risk-free. The first live ceremony begins on March 23, 2016. Learn more and subscribe:

Offline Sparks

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 07:03:43 pm »
I just asked a question about the relationship between Michael Harner and Sandra Ingerman in these two forum threads:

Michael Harner and The Way of the Shaman & Harner's Foundation Becoming a Cult?

Does the poster claim that Michael Harner at that time [2004] was married to Sandra Ingerman? At the time of his death almost a year ago, his wife, Sandra Harner, was clearly a different person than Sandra Ingerman. I remember clearly there was much to find about Michael Harner and Sandra Ingerman cooperating and referring to each other, now that kind of references are hard to come by. What happened?

Offline Sparks

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 11:17:12 pm »
I just asked a question about the relationship between Michael Harner and Sandra Ingerman in these two forum threads:

The question has been resolved. They were never a married couple:

According to Alameda City, California records, he in fact married Sandra Dickey on 16 Jul 1966. I have found no record of Sandra Dickey and Sandra Ingerman being the same person. Attaching the record. Hopefully the attachment works.