Author Topic: Bestseller  (Read 7005 times)

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
Bestseller
« on: February 04, 2008, 10:12:19 am »
Some good news coming up!

I have made a booklet  (Voices from the buffalocalf woman´s people) with some of the interviews from the film. So much get lost when you make a film (40 hours of footage which is not used!!) and I wanted to keep the words from some of the Lakota traditionalists. So in this booklet they are talking about exploitation, the boarding schools and the struggle to protect Bear Butte.

We have a really big esoteric bookshop over here, they have shops and also sell on the Internet. I had a look at their top ten list. This week, the booklet made it to number one on the list "Native American religion"!! It passed Bear Heart, passed Alberto Villoldo, passed the Maya Calender books....and all the other New Age "bibles".

Yohoooo...there is hope! People now read the truth instead of the fantasies!

And of course the profit goes back to the people in the booklet.

Laurel

Re: Bestseller
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 01:17:59 pm »
WOW!  Well done--and it gives me hope to see it outselling the frauds.

Is it written or available in English?  Where can I order a copy?

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 03:56:40 pm »
It´s published in Swedish. Obviously all the interviews are in English, so I have given it a thought....to publish it in English, too. I would need someone to help me check spelling and grammar, though, but I am sure it can be done. A
future project :)

Anyway, the credit goes to the wonderful people who gave me their trust and who shared their inner feelings and sometimes very personal experiences . It was a privilege to make this book.

I wish their words could be spread in Europe. Let´s see what can be done.....

« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 05:21:51 pm by Freija »

Laurel

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 11:07:04 am »
If you ever have the time or inclination to translate the booklet, I'd be honored to proofread it (free of charge).  I have a master's in English.

Laurel

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 10:24:14 pm »
Thank you so much, Laurel.

Sorry, forgot this thread for a minute, that racist film  took over my brain. LOL

I might come back to you :)

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 10:24:14 pm »
I don't have a Master's in English, but I've worked as an editor and proofreader. If you need a backup set of eyes on it, I would also be glad to help.

Laurel

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 11:20:10 pm »
Whew!  I think that film took over everyone's brain.  It's awful.

Anyway, feel free to contact me via my profile if you think I can help.

Thank you so much, Laurel.

Sorry, forgot this thread for a minute, that racist film  took over my brain. LOL

I might come back to you :)