Author Topic: Suraj Holzwarth aka White Eagle Medicine Woman  (Read 651722 times)

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Suraj Holzwarth aka White Eagle Medicine Woman
« Reply #465 on: May 16, 2008, 09:08:13 pm »
They are all gay??? Geeez, I wonder how it is that the ones I have met had children. Usually LOTS of them? LOL! I have met ONE gay man that was a spiritual man some would call a medicine man, but he, so far, is the only one I ever met. And then there are some that are well known like Henry Crow Dog and Frank Fools Crow and they weren't gay. Sheesh, what a loon. I never heard that sexuality had  ANYTHIING to do with being a medicine person.

Offline mtig49

« Reply #466 on: May 16, 2008, 09:30:34 pm »
FYI i posted pics of the protest on flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/butzin/
if you click on Map under the pic you can see view from the sky were it was at!
you can see the dome thing and were they have their TP at.
"Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have."

Offline Tsisqua

• Native American Unity ~ NAU
« Reply #467 on: May 16, 2008, 09:38:30 pm »
Y'know....I dont even know what to say to this....Im just shocked at this guy and his words in all honesty...and he makes threats to others regarding their words and actions? Please  ::)

Mr Hardin has his priorities wrong...not to mention his information eh? I think he's just sent an email spouting off a bunch of fancy talk...thinking it'll make people run away scared...lol....ummmmm NOT!

He cant close down Istealfromndns....they have proven every word written on their site...everything has been researched.....many hard working hours have been spent there....they have done some awesome work...they have a huge support network...and they've in actual fact done nothing wrong....FREEDOM OF SPEECH BUDDY....and if this Hardin doesnt like it...time to get a grip I think....get over it already...Istealfromndns aint going no place. WEMW has had her chance to defend herself...to change....and all she's done is continue...she's a fake, a fraud, a liar and a thief......so I think Mr Hardin needs to take his lame-o threats and shove em....whats the saying? "Dont throw stones if you live in a glass house"....Mr Hardin needs to check his OWN words for Slander before finger pointing perhaps.

Tsissy
There are no leaders in Unity

Offline Cat

« Reply #468 on: May 16, 2008, 11:31:25 pm »
Please sign our petition at
(link deleted by me) please see my next post

Cat
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 04:19:58 pm by Ponshe Humma »

Offline Tsisqua

« Reply #469 on: May 16, 2008, 11:46:34 pm »
Im sending this out to our members...I hope it helps

Offline learningalot

« Reply #470 on: May 17, 2008, 04:24:05 am »
wow, this is certainly an interesting forum! :o
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 01:33:08 pm by learningalot »

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #471 on: May 17, 2008, 07:57:27 am »
http://www.petitiononline.com/StandUP/petition.html
thanks to you all - we really need soem serious numbers on this one...

Cat

Signed and distributed here in Sweden. Let them know that this has become an international issue.

All of you have my deepest respect for what you are doing!! "Thank you!" would not be the right words from a non-Native, still, preserving and protecting spirituality and encouraging respect is something that concerns us all. 

Unfortunately we over on this side of the pond cannot be with you physically, but I can assure you we are with you in thoughts and prayers!

Offline Half-Wolf

• My favorite t-shirts are here
« Reply #472 on: May 17, 2008, 08:31:43 am »
Mr. Roger Nelson sure does like to mix up his thoughts, first printed material doesn't belong to one person, then it does. 
I will tell you all what.  There are not one but 2 lawyers in my immediate family that will be at a Pow Wow I am going to today.  I will ask them about this, then just for good measure when I get home I will check with a third one who is also in my immediate family but won't be at the Pow Wow.  She actually specializes in copyright law.  Tha is not counting the several friends and other family members I also have who may not be lawyers, but work for lawyers (none of these lawyers are in my family).  It is nice to have lawyers on hand, now I just need to find a way to get some doctors in the family. :)
I guess these people think we are all just uneducated Indians as we have been called on another site out there. 
One thing I would like to ask any of our Cherokee friends out there is if they can tell us are the vocables in the Cherokee Morning Song that is sung by Walela on Robbie Robertson's Red Road actually a traditional song or are they something that was done just for his album because that sure would shoot Mr. Roger Nelson's arguement all to h---.
"Live in this world today for tomorrow's children to live in this world."
-Helen Worischeck

Offline zoi lightfoot

« Reply #473 on: May 17, 2008, 10:43:01 am »
Ahhh,Roger,Roger,Roger.....If you actualy own a copy of this particular CD,as Suraj Holzworth obviously does,then I suggest you look very carefully at the printed statement on the CD itself.(outer edge for any one else who wants to check)you will find what is a legally binding statement.The Cherokee morning song as is on this particular cd,is a specific and unique vocal arrangement that is not only identifiable it is also attributed to the artists themselves.
Not sure why you are defending blatent plagerismn,but its a question of are Holzwarths deminishing funding abilities enough to take on Capitol/EMI and AOL Time Warner,the latter is known for aggressively chasing down copyright theft after all.As for the artists themselves,well they have the option of seperate action or class action with the record company.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #474 on: May 17, 2008, 01:18:29 pm »
Roger's homepage shows him to be a supporter of Benny Lebeau. He also does consulting on:

"Metaphysical Transformation
Vortex Research
Ley Line Identification
Sacred Site/Space Identification
Earth Grid Research"

But mostly he does webpages for businesses. No law license or legal training that I can see. 

Roger, look up the Fair Use Act. Reposting is allowed for the purpose of critique or debate.

Hope you continue to enjoy the site. I especially hope you will read the many threads on exploiter Benny Lebeau.

Offline learningalot

« Reply #475 on: May 17, 2008, 03:14:08 pm »
learning a lot!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 01:32:00 pm by learningalot »

Offline Tsisqua

« Reply #476 on: May 17, 2008, 03:37:50 pm »
Cherokee take....

This woman is misrepresenting our people and our ceremonies....taking and using all she can as a means to make a buck. She has received cousel with elders and our people, yet she persists. The Cherokee Morning Song...is a song I was taught as a child...we sung it as we cleansed ourselves whilst greeting the sunrise. This song is a traditional song of the Eastern Cherokee...and was passed down....although I am Western Cherokee....our caregiver as children was Eastern and taught my brother and I to honor the new day in this way. Im sure many others have their own stories or information on this song and its origin....this is just my own.

Either way...this song being used...and many other traditional songs...by a non native who charges a fee...is WRONG...however you may want to look at it.

Added note: This song was passed down through my caregivers family also....now my question is this...What right does WEMW have to take this song and any other songs from our people, ceremonies, traditions etc...to make a profit?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 03:52:42 pm by Tsisqua »

Offline Cat

« Reply #477 on: May 17, 2008, 04:18:59 pm »
http://www.petitiononline.com
thanks to you all - we really need soem serious numbers on this one...

Cat

Hello Family and friends...

I am sorry but we are rewriting the Holiday Inn petition. Since we are dealing with a Multi-million Dollar Corp. We need to deal with this in a specific way.

We will release the new petition today.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused any of you.

I locked the current petition so that no one else can sign it until we can get it deleted and rewritten.

Please pass this along

Cat

Offline Tsisqua

« Reply #478 on: May 17, 2008, 04:43:35 pm »
Sorry to sound like a doofass cat...but will all the signatures and the address of the petition be no good also? Or can you just re-write the content of the petition and save the rest?

Tsissy

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #479 on: May 17, 2008, 10:06:25 pm »
The petiononline.com site does not allow any changes to be made to a petition once it's been signed: http://www.petitiononline.com/petition_FAQ.html

"keep in mind that a petition cannot be changed after it has been submitted, because any changes would be unfair to people who have already signed the petition."

So, if it's to be edited, a new version will have to be posted and people will have to sign again. Given the site it's hosted on, there's no way around that.