Author Topic: looks like pa has a other new phoney  (Read 10880 times)

TheRebel

Re: looks like pa has a other new phoney
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 05:32:37 am »
Its a new name on an old phony is all.(as in group)
Seems the UELN has split or members have split.

- Standing Stone Village 
- ELN.
[I'm sure there other newer group names out there for split members]

Matter in fact I had noticed a man who states and I quote:
-"Spiritual Leader of the Wyoming Schukuney Mawemin
Trail Council,village of the Eastern Lenape Nations"-

He is selling something called Vemma to cure cancer and also enticing people to accept a card to ELN or some other  group to Canada {not clear if its a group or a Tribe}  but the only catch is you have to be a woman and move to New York with this guy. ( The guy must be lonely! )

Anyway you look at it both these groups are bogus and shouldn't be taken lightly.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 07:33:35 pm »
"Kevin and I were members of the Buffalo Path Band of the Metis Nation of the United States, which has disbanded in recent years... 

We were asked to become members of the UELN since 1998, but waited to see what the UELN was all about.    When we were at the last Bison Days Festival (2002) ever being held and the UELN heard about the powwow we were planning for Sept 2002 in Romney, WV, we were asked again, but waited until the following spring to make a decision to become UELN members.     

In September 2006, the Standing Stone Village Council unanimously voted to resign from the UELN."

No mention of why they left or why that earlier alleged Metis band disbanded. Also a "member of the Winter Star Confederacy." In spite of all these elaborate names, I'd bet most of these groups are not very large.

Wyoming Schukuney Mawemin
http://360.yahoo.com/profile-ON5tc58jdKQCzJZt800GF5clHLkyjR0w7YI-?cq=1
"am native american Lenni Lenape, Am also the spiritual leader of my village of the Wyoming Schukuney Mawemin trail council fo the Eastern Lenape Nations .I am also a born-again christian who loves the lord and profess that Jesus Christ is lord ."

Profile with lots of Franklin Mint plate images.
http://www.rednationsociety.com/TwinEagle2crows

TheRebel

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 04:55:33 am »
Yup thats the person. twineagle2crows
 Is now making a claim ..
I came by my enrollment card from my dead mother who was an active member of the Lenni-Lenape Nation Muncy,Canada

I was voted into my possession by what was left of my mothers tribe  Icarry her enrollment card and roll number. I don't call myself a Shaman never have never will,the people gave me my name.

Just a reminder this is from the forums at rns. not entirely the whole response, but he is mad and arguing to someone who posted about "Mary Summer Rain" and "No Eyes" apparently he is upset to find out the book he read written by mary summer rain called "The Good Earth" is not credible. he goes on to further state:
This is an excellent book to have in any-one's collection. I've used many of the herbal remedies in this book "the good earth" and I give it my approval.

A further look @ http://www.standingstonevillage.org/info/history.htm
as stated from their page it states why they left the UELN or did they ?

In September 2003, during the 2nd Annual Crystal Valley Native American Pow-Wow, my husband, Kevin "Talking Crow" Ord and myself, Kim "Many Weasels" Ord were asked by the UELN Council to start a village in our area and take in existing members located in Altoona, PA into our new village.    Talking Crow was appointed the Village Chief, while I was appointed the Village Mother.  Both positions requires many things for us to do.   After accepting the appointments, we had to come up with a name for the new village.

I have no doubt what so ever they have some type of connection to the UELN on the basis of they were asked by the UELN Council to start a village in there area. Sorry it just  seems like UELN are trying to expand their "Territory"

The Standing Stone Village  was formed to assist the members of the UELN that were in Central Pennsylvania.     Our Village History page is updated now and goes more into detail About Us.  Our list of past and future events is up to date on our Events page.    Viewing those pages and the rest of the pages on our site will explain all About Us. 
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 07:12:14 am by TheRebel »

Offline NanticokePiney

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 04:38:11 am »
  In spite of all these elaborate names, I'd bet most of these groups are not very large.
The largest group in PA is at most 20 people. There is now a anthropologist from Bloomsburg University by the name of David Minderhout who is recognizing most of these fraudulant groups.  I would guess it has to do with grant money. He can't be that foolish.

TheRebel

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 04:53:29 am »
   Anthro's can't make tribes I don't care how many phd's they have!
Either he is foolish or is in it for the money .. grant money. Or could be out right duped into believing these group is legitimate. Somebody better telling him he is washing his credibility away associating with these groups in any way , shape or form.

Wonder how long the " the not for profit status " will take for this group and many others.

frederica

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 05:11:56 am »
Apparently using Anthro's is becoming popular. Some in Arkansas were using one from the State University to "help them apply for federal status". They weren't recognized. I never did quite get it. But that is what was said.

Offline NanticokePiney

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 12:09:36 am »
    Somebody better telling him he is washing his credibility away associating with these groups in any way , shape or form.

He did not like my definition of a "tribe" which is a "continuous community with sub-groups of interrelated families".

frederica

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 04:30:03 am »
That's about as close as it comes. He must have another agenda.

TheRebel

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 06:56:06 am »
Should be obvious he has another agenda after  he was told  what a "tribe" is.
But all ya have to do is sit back and wait , all these groups bungle at their doings.
I'm waiting for the "not for profit" status from this group in which I may add, is pretty much the steps these groups take to gain in being recognized.

Other steps groups take :

a business 
purchasing land and establishing "tribal lands"
recognition or a citation from a local town or county representatives
contributing to local charities
hosting pow wows

And then from there they hope to seek recognition from the state or states.

I think that covers the basics of it.

Offline NanticokePiney

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 02:01:19 am »
  Apparently there is a private fraud investigator in P.A. with a grudge now. Thank's to her the "Jane Quick Farm" was removed from Bob Redhawk and the Lenape Nation of P.A.s hands and returned to the poor woman they took advantage of.
  She is slowly gathering dirt and going after the anthros and college professors involved with these people. I hate to be vague but I made a promise.