Author Topic: Fake Doctorate Spotting Site  (Read 16169 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Fake Doctorate Spotting Site
« on: September 26, 2013, 04:00:59 pm »
Handy for looking up degree mills and dubious claims of PhDs. Below is direct quotes from the intro to their site.

---------
http://fakedoctorate.blogspot.com/
We created this blog to expose all of those individuals in the therapeutic professions who fraudulently claim to have earned a doctorate.

Anybody who claims to have a Doctorate in Clinical Hypnotherapy, or anything similar, or that includes the word, "Transpersonal," is a sham. This also includes individuals who claim to have a PhD, but will not tell you in what or from where.

There are also individuals who will tell you that they have earned an "unaccredited degree," which is the same as NO DEGREE. Do not trust them, do not go to them, do not give them your money. They are lying to you from the start. If they have to LIE about their credentials, then they are lying about being able to help you.

In the case of hypnotists, academic credentials are not necessary. However, when they wrongly claim have earned a doctoral degree when they haven't -that should raise RED flags indicating that something is clearly wrong.

If your provider claims to have certain academic credentials, ALWAYS verify them first before giving them your valuable cash. One excellent source to verify schools and accrediting institutions is ope.ed.gov/accreditation/

Autumn

Re: Fake Doctorate Spotting Site
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 04:59:18 pm »
Thanks, Al.  That is an eye opener.  I guess it is true what they say about Ph.D's (at least the fake ones) -- Pile them Higher and Deeper.   :) :)

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 09:00:53 pm »
i have a blackbelt in bullshido!!!

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 10:10:38 pm »
Just received a letter from a law firm threatening me over their client criticized on the fake doctorate website, demanding apologies, trying to shake me down for money etc.

Found it funny they were so poor at doing research they thought it was my website. The alleged injured party is really very poorly served by such incompetence.

To top it off, they sent the same threatening letter to an administrator. But they got the wrong admin, on the wrong campus, who never heard of me and doesn't have any authority over me.

Truly proof that a law degree doesn't always come with even basic reading skills.

ETA-Now a second one doing the same. Does no one teach poor lawyers to read anymore?
They do seem to be of the prepaid legal plan variety.