Author Topic: Tony Ghosthawk  (Read 4743 times)

Offline Moondown

Tony Ghosthawk
« on: June 10, 2007, 01:32:54 am »
Hi,
I just found this forum and am not 'forum friendly' - first one I've been on. It was emailed to me in regards to Jim Wells question about Tony Ghosthawk. My name was Janis Ghosthawk as Tony and I were together for several years from late '80's to mid '90's. There is much I can tell about him, beginning with one correction from a previous post: he is a 'Dakota" Sioux, not Lakota. And he does a lot more than speak at schools. Many ceremonies, sweats and other Native American traditional activities have been performed by him but he has never advertised (when in the States) to be anything other than an artist and speaker of his culture for the purpose of educating and dispelling untruths about his culture. Whatever others may want to name him,i.e. spiritual leader, shaman, etc. may come from their experience with him but, most humbly, he has never announced himself to be what, perhaps, his nation may consider him.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Tony Ghosthawk
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 12:22:10 pm »
Hello Janis,
If you go to the thread on him you'll notice it's under Research Needed, and also that best we can tell it's this strange group "Tribe of Light" making these claims. Perhaps you could help us settle this then? Perhaps you could tell us about his meeting with that group, if you know about it. Perhaps you could even ask that group to quit making these bizarre claims about him?