Author Topic: Ematezu! Greetings!  (Read 20892 times)

Offline ska

Re: Ematezu! Greetings!
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 09:08:53 pm »
At the risk of sounding like a star-struck teenager (in a middle-aged woman's body, mind you), I'm just going to say this:

Mama porcupine, you rock my world.

I've been lurking on this board for a long time before I signed up, and your voice and insight is something I always come back for.

You were not fooled for a second, were you?  But still, you took the time to research this person carefully.   You express yourself in a clear and respectful way, direct but never harsh.  Always a pleasure to learn something from you.

I would like to repeat all the above for another voice on this forum that I also admire: thanks, earth7.

Best, Ska

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2007, 11:05:55 pm »
Thanks for your kind words Ska . Personally , I admire the people who can say what needs to be said in three or four sentences. Something I never can figure out how to do .

It was actually Ingeborg, who said something on the other infrequently used yahoo NAFPS message board , that got me wondering about the practical realities of trying to reconstruct a European culture from thousands of years ago . 

I learn a lot participating here too . Even from the people I don't agree with . Everybody sees things a bit differently . It makes me think .   

frederica

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007, 11:42:37 pm »
Yes, you do have to give Ingeborg credit, she's sharp. But you are the best researcher Moma.

Offline ska

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 06:59:38 am »
Thanks for accepting my message, Moma porcupine, even though I got your name wrong.

It is good to see people, learned in different ways, putting their heads together and creating a better collective understanding.

Can tell some of you have been working together for a while - you riff off each other well!

best, Ska

TrishaRoseJacobs

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 09:07:52 pm »
I just wanted to say that from a historical perspective, the group seems to be conflating totally different cultures in their attempt to create a tribe, this is not a revival. The pictures of archeological finds all over the site attest to this, those objects span thousands of years and cover a huuuuugggggeeeee region, it is just not likely that they represent one single culture or tradition. I mean, it's really cool what you're trying to do, but while you claim not be some kind of Clan of the Cave Bear role playing game, that's essentially what you're doing - Auel is a really entertaining writer, but she takes the information in her books from finds in different areas, representing vastly different times, and different cultures, as well as adding in an overly healthy dose of speculation. Its just not real.

Just seems like you'd be better off spending time helping out the community that you actually *do* live in rather than trying to invent one out of nothing.

frederica

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2007, 02:51:03 am »
Okay, I remember those books, never read them. Been scratching my head wondering where that may have come from.

Offline RedRightHand

Niome/Naomi/Ana/etc now has hir own thread in Frauds: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=2278.0