Author Topic: Tsalagiwoman  (Read 8337 times)

Offline Tsalagiwoman

Tsalagiwoman
« on: November 15, 2006, 09:28:37 pm »
Osiyo (hello).  I am new and would like to introduce myself.  I recognize some of the names here from other groups.  My login name is tsalagiwoman but my name is Shawn.  My Tsalagi name given to me is Tsisquaya but since my father was in the military back then and I was born on a military base, the name on my b-certificate was Shawn (military frowned on Indian names).  I have another given to me by my grandfather but it is for him and I so I don't use it anymore (he has been gone a long time)  I am a 43 year old woman withTsalagi (Cherokee)/Irish ancestry.  I have not been exposed to the traditional lifestyle since my grandfather used to teach me.  He died sometime back so I am searching again to reconnect.  I guess that is why I joined to try and be careful of who is "instructing" me.  I have 7 grown children and 11 grandchildren all spread out between California, Georgia and Texas.  My husband is of Tsalagi and Black ancestry so our children kind of have it all.  (LOL).  I work as an Associate Tribal TANF Program Analsyt in California.  I work with many California Tribes on a daily basis.  Anyhow, that is me in a nut shell.  Glad to meet you all.  I will be taking time to read other introductions and topics before I post.