Odds and Ends > Etcetera

Oh my God

(1/2) > >>

KrazyKraut:
http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,798682,00.html

AnnOminous:
I'm as disgusted by this article as I am by the attempts to blame single parents for the choices of their grown children.
Sounds like right-wing conservatists reporting on right-wing extremists.
Sad.

KrazyKraut:
Der Spiegel is a left-wing publication and mostly in support for the social-demokrat party.

foxglove57:
Thomas Krüger, the president of Germany's Federal Agency for Civic Education (bpb), finds the situation in rural parts of Germany to be particularly problematic. He says there is no critical stance toward right-wing extremists attitudes in some regions of the country. Krüger primarily attributes this to demographic developments that have seen particularly well-educated youths moving away from such areas. "The old and the educationally disadvantaged are left behind," he says, "which gives rise to an ominous milieu."

I think this is not just the case in Germany... :(

The latest report from the BvF, released in 2010, claims that "no right-wing terrorist organizations can be observed in Germany." By that time, the Zwickau cell had been operating underground for over a decade -- which leaves room for powerful criticism of the agency.

What I find unsettling is the fact that this group was around for so long without anybody taking much notice.  :(
Then when you have something like what happened up in Norway this year, everyone is floored.

Thanks for the link...

KrazyKraut:

--- Quote ---What I find unsettling is the fact that this group was around for so long without anybody taking much notice.

--- End quote ---

Exactly. I think it is not in the english article, but in the german articles they write there were much earlier chances to stop these people. What a shame...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version