Odds and Ends > Etcetera

Ward Churchill

<< < (2/13) > >>

Kevin:
I guess they figured anyone being 3/16th Cherokee would do a splendid job......and I thought it was a crime to lie on applications and accept state and federal money under false pretenses.....

more from Wikpedia:

"According to Thomas Brown, one of Churchill's critics in the academy, support for Churchill has dwindled. Brown states that in February 2005, 199 CU faculty members signed a newspaper article supporting Churchill, but in July 2007, only four CU faculty signed another letter protesting his imminent firing. [55]"  - see what happens when you don't have a full tank of Cherokee blood in your  veins? 3/16th just didn't cut it for these folks one could surmise.

A rumor:
(from an anonymous source)
Churchill and Little Soldier are going to start " a Indian school" somewhere in the Appalachia mountains.

frederica:
I don't think his Blood quantum had anything to do with his being fired. That is if he even had one.  His behavior did him in.  I not sure how many people an individual can intimidate, spit on, break their arm, among other things can get by with without eventually having some repercussions. As far as the plagiarism, I'm not sure if the people he plagiarize followed through, I know two did contact the University about the situtation, not only plagiarized but misquoted. And I not sure the painter followed through on the infringement. In other words, I don't think it went to Court.  Loose cannons might be interesting for a while, but doesn't last forever.  Wikipedia in my opinion is not the most reliable source. It's pretty loose. People I know in Colorado were sick of hearing about it, and just wondered why they didn't get him out. But the University didn't exactly have clean hands in this deal, and didn't want a backfire law suit.

Kevin:
Given the extreme minority status of NAs with accompanying lack of economic and political clout, they slid by pretty easily hiring a leftist wannabe with no bona fides for his purported heritage, when among the applicants I have no doubt were at least a couple of 'real deal' NAs qualified for the position. Typical arrogance of Academia and their foisting of the White Man's Burden on students who apparently have no critical thinking ability. He had no blood quantum, it's a moot point and I really wonder what the good professors thought of someone being 3/16th of any race.

wolfhawaii:

--- Quote from: Kevin on March 28, 2008, 11:44:09 am ---. He had no blood quantum, it's a moot point and I really wonder what the good professors thought of someone being 3/16th of any race.

--- End quote ---
Maybe he had an ancestor who was an amputee ???......mathematically 3/16 doesn't work out as a BQ (no offense intended to any disabled persons)

Kevin:
I like what Steve Russell, columnist for Indian Country today had to say:

http://www.indiancountry.com/content.cfm?id=1096416968

Russell: When does ethnic fraud matter?   
Posted: April 04, 2008
by: Steve Russell

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version